Keep out - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keep out

Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post
    Well said!!
    TY.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

The failure to study or listen to counterpoints leads to the kind of goverment and society Obama loves. How boring if everyone agrees with you.

Any avenue that allows people to either speak or write their comments just goes to prove once again than stupid is not fixable. Simply enjor the forum and laugh at the stupid people who make stupid comments. Stupid people are all around us. Just look at Barack and Michell for proof of this.

Hey, OP person.... I do believe that the Politics section, in particular, was only for the less thin skinned amongst us. So we were warned.

Confucious say: Better to remain silent and be perceived a fool, than to open mouth and remove all doubt. (LOL!) (Been there and done that myself. Have removed foot from mouth on countless occasions as a result!)

Thus it is with posting in contentious forums. You will always find someone willing to fight with you, try to provide an alterior POV, spout pure garbage, try to "outsmart" you with rhetorical gamebits (to prove their own self superiority complex), make mountains out of molehills (and vice versa), play "Yes! But......" with you and generally needle you if they are exceptionally bored that day.

Don't mean nothin'. Don't prove nothin'. Generally converts no one. I use forum post writing to sharpen my writing skills, sharpen my wit, see what opinions exist on certain matters and as general entertainment. Not much more than that.

If you're posting with the idea that your seering intellect is going to save the world, begin a new religion or otherwise compile great accolades upon your submissions........ I have a feeling you might be a bit disappointed in the long run.

GG

P.S. Life is too short to take THAT seriously.
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    So your saying because members spar with words on this forum and don't always see eye to eye on every topic, they should no longer be allowed to defend themselves. I joined this site a year after it went up and have seen many trouble makers banned from this site. I have also seen/continue to see new members join who are shocked that free speech is opnely allowed on this forum. They are the first to start screaming for someone to be banned becasue they are unuse to the way this forum is run. The internet is full of forums with ban happy mods and admins, if that is what you like feel free to join one. This site is not one of them, Luke will be the first to tell you this site stands for free speech (short of hate speech/death threats) just as much as it stands for gun rights. This forum is here so we can have open debates on matters we so choose to. It never shocks me to see the new members calling for bans of other members, or making posts about the forum itself and how they are leaving. If you skin is so thin that you can't handle debating or sparing with words then why did you join a forum? No one wins every debate, you will take a beating sometimes if members see it differently. That's no reason to make posts feeling sorry for yourself or stating your quiting the forum.
    Well said!!

I'm not talking about people who actually care about the forum. I'm talking about the anti-gun anti-CCW people that want to start fights or the people that DO have their permits and just want to cause drama. If you have a gun on you and you start an argument, just like alcohol, don't let the gun do the talking. Use your own brain and if necessary use that brain to control your weapon.

Avoidance in moderation has its advantages.
    Most, if not all of us, are gun owners, which moreso makes having the choice and ability to walk away an important one.

I hope decide to stick around. This is a good forum. There's room for everyone's opinions.

The single thread that links 99% of the members is the Second Amendment. Member concerns about attacks on the right-to-bear-arms will naturally get political at times. Those political concerns often "bleed over" to feelings of frustration that are not directly related to the Second Amendment.

I visit this forum every morning. I enjoy the on-line camaraderie with those of similar interests and concerns. That's not to say that I always agree with everyone. Often, I will avoid the Political Forum for days...jumping in to read/post only when a subject catches my interest in preview mode.

Stick around.

Stay in man, I like your posts.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by titaniumman View Post
    Please, anybody who notices me in this forum again...send me a computer kick in the a##. I joined this site for enjoyment, and I have yet to find it in the political forum. I find that I don't like sparring with words.....and I hate politics even more. I am sorry if I offended anyone!
    If you are overly concerned about being "offended" or of "offending" someone else.... the "Politics" Forum is assuredly NOT for you! LOL!

Consider your computer butt bopped!

(So, given your "dislikes" noted above..... what in the hell beseeched you to come into the Politics Forum in the first place? Or was it just so you could post your disgust?)

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12