A Visitor From The Past

Thread: A Visitor From The Past

A Visitor From The Past

As we approach another election I thought the following poem might be good to reflect on. Some of you may have seen this before.

http://www.comeandtakeit.com/2aother.html
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

To think we may have come full circle is scary.

That was a great poem, and so full of truth. Thanks for the post HK4U
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

Sad but true. I had not seen this before, thanks for the post.

6. Great link

Though it makes me really question if we are still a government of the people, for the people, and by the people.

A just government derrives it's power from the consent of the governed.
    ["Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
    - Ben Franklin
    FONT]

government

Quote Originally Posted by The Gunny View Post
    Great link

Though it makes me really question if we are still a government of the people, for the people, and by the people.

Like a frog in water the fire has been turned up slowly and we are beginning to cook and not know it. Most of Americans think everything is just fine because they do not know what this country used to be.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

My thoughts

Nothing is going to change easy.. There are to many people that as long as they have their almighty $$ care less about what happens. The government could do whatever as long people get their money. How many politicians get elected and re-elected with the promise of more money or hand outs. The government is slowly selling us out to foreign countries and their rules. I pray that me or my kids won't have to go through the next revolution or revolt in this country. When the economy finally goes belly up, who knows what will happen.
    I hope the values and morals I'm trying to teach my kids will lead them and their kids and so on in the right direction. I've served my country (USAF-Desert Storm) and it amazes me the way people take the freedom they have as a right that is due them. People have the right to bash the military, religion, guns, etc, only because some one else fought for those rights. Just ranting, sorry.

I printed that poem and my mom almost started crying as she read it. Very powerful.
    I hung it in my bathroom, next to all my other 'propaganda' so my guests can read something while thier 'shaking hands with the mayor.'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gunny View Post
    Great link

very little in this government has anything to do with the people anymore. the government is full of liars making false promises to make us think they are on our side...
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!