Stupid things cops say!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stupid things cops say!!

Quote Originally Posted by the dark View Post
    Cops are people...the same distribution of intellect or stupidity applies.

Not necessarily.... Certain "types" are drawn to that kind of job, and are actively recruited by some departments...... I will let you figure out what "type" that is.

I have seen too many dirty cops on the evenning news and too many agressive cops on the TV show cops, I have dealt with many ********* cops personally. I don't care what anyone says, I don't trust any of them.

we all say some stupid things, but we don't all say them to a reporter.
    How the heck do you fit a rifle barrel into your back pocket? This guy must have some deep pockets or a short rifle.

Don't know why they can't understand, guns don't kill people, people kill people... Take the gun away from a killer and he or she will find some other weapon...
    Keep your paws off my Carrots and my guns
    My rules to live by Never trust a squirrel, never french kiss an ardvark and never bring Jumbo hotdogs to a nudist colony barbcue.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45:211346
    Quote Originally Posted by the dark View Post
    Cops are people...the same distribution of intellect or stupidity applies.

Not necessarily.... Certain "types" are drawn to that kind of job, and are actively recruited by some departments...... I will let you figure out what "type" that is.
    Sadly I hear a lot of people say that about those of us who choose to go armed. But the title of the thread was not aggressive sociopath cops...it was stupid things they say.

The back pockets the cop was talking about must have been 16 inches deep! That is the min. size a barrel can be for a legal rifle(for a civillin to own with out permits). Please DON"T tell my nephew what brand of jeans those are, he'll want them and then wear the waist around his knees!

Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: there are some good cops out there, I'm certain. Unfortunately, I seem to meet more of the bad ones.

There has been more than one occasion when I have had to tell an officer his approach was aggressive and his attitude inappropriate.

But think about the last time you were in a highly charged, tense scenario, blood pumping, adrenal going. Most of you are probably take-charge kinda guys, problem solvers. Then pair that with a man (typically) who thinks he is the boss, what he says goes, and who has virtual impunity to use deadly force. Now you've got a dangerous animal.

There are officers out there whose goal is to protect and serve, but I suspect there are a few more whose goal is to crack heads and take control.
    I believe it's to SERVE (tickets that is!) first...and if I am not busy busting faces I'll protect...but only the masses...if you, a single individual, is in harms way, well I will get there when I get there...too da loo!

Quote Originally Posted by wild eyed willy View Post
    I have seen too many dirty cops on the evenning news and too many agressive cops on the TV show cops, I have dealt with many ********* cops personally. I don't care what anyone says, I don't trust any of them.

we all say some stupid things, but we don't all say them to a reporter.
    How the heck do you fit a rifle barrel into your back pocket? This guy must have some deep pockets or a short rifle.

Don't know why they can't understand, guns don't kill people, people kill people... Take the gun away from a killer and he or she will find some other weapon...
    I have met/worked with too many dirty aggressive cops in my life to trust any of them! My uncle is a cop...if he wears his badge i wouldn't trust him either! As an Uncle (God father to be exact) he takes care of his family and I respect him for that.

I recently got a reckless driving ticket on my motorcycle. The state trooper lied in court, I had 2 witnesses stating my front wheel never left the ground, and the judge still found me guilty under mens rea (if it could have happened, then it did...so much for the state has burden of proof). I have since then BOUGHT all my evidence from the state, and gone to multiple appeal attorneys and all of them have said, "You should have been ready for a police officer to lie. I have never had a case that a police officer HASN'T lied." I wish I had more money to pursue this to clean my record...but alas I do not.

On a funny but seriously sad note...I spoke with some local fire fighters around the town I live in. They were chattin it up about some of the GSW (gun shot wound) calls they went on recently. There have been a substantial increase in them. When the police investigated why, they found out a bunch of facebook groups were telling a lot of gangs to move north from cali to Oregon because the police do nothing up here. I had a "LOL" on this one. Good thing I'm moving next week!

Quote Originally Posted by shiloh13 View Post
    I will be really happy when people start talking about the good things "cops", police officers do! No I am not an officer but am very close to several. I know of a few officers that got killed by drunk drivers while directing traffic at night. Was that stupid? Yes on the part of the drunk! How would you like to deal with deaths, 2 suicides in a week and come home in a good mood because you had to witness that or see someone cut in two from a wreck. I know of one officer that saved a lifeless child this week from the training he received but I guess their all stupid. I hope if you ever have to call 911 you get that stupid "cop". Because of your comment I will not be back on this site because I have no tolerence for ignorence. I would advise you to ride with an officer for a day or two to see what they face in a day. Good Luck to you Sir!
    You need to take a deep breath, man. There are other posts in this place about positive LEO encounters, too. And if you can't stomach reading even one post that you dislike it's you displaying the intolerance, by the way. I have had heated debates with some people here but I still respect them.

As a former journalist, let me share a few things with you.

Reporters are not trained to write at a fifth grade level. We are trained to write in short, clear statements with a minimum of punctuation and lots of paragraphing. This may equate to a fifth grade level by the time all is said and done.
    I once took a course on "Effective writing" (it was a good thing it wasn't graded or I probably would ahve failed) and one of the exercises was to do a grade level evaluation of different publications. It was many years ago so I don't remember the details at all other than the average newspaper came in around fifth grade except for the Wall Street Journal which as around 9-10th grade. Professional publications such as medical or legal journals were approaching college level and National Geographic was in the 9-10th grade level. People Magazine was 3rd grade level.

The statement about newspapers dying is saddening as not only are they dying but along with it is "Journalism". Journalism is becoming reporting due to the TV, Radio, and Internet media. I keep asking some of my "Reporter" friends which course in Journalism school is "Dumb Questions". I am sure it has to be at least a junior level course and has to be a real course. No one could come up with dumb questions that I have heard asked on their own, they have to be taught to ask those.

There is not room in a newspaper or TV newscast for a full explanation of a story so we get these crazy sounding bites. The 5 second sound bite is ruining America. But as one good friend who was a sports reporter put it, "As long as I keep getting the same amount of hate mail from both sides I know I must be impartial". He was always being accused of pulling for one team over the other but I knew that the only thing he cared about was which football team would get to a good bowl game so he could spend the holidays in a nice location.

As a former LEO, I have known some "bad cops". I have also known many more cops who do a thankless job, for which they receive little appreciation, not nearly enough pay, and a lifetime of stress and emotional distress. Yes, we chose the profession. The good cops...all we really wanted from the general public was a little respect. And we get damn little of that.

I won't say that I hope you get a bad cop if you ever have to call. I also won't say that I hope the cop you DO get doesn't help you because of your attitude, problem, race, location, etc. What I hope is that if you ever need to call, whoever comes will be the one cop who changes your mind about the rest, or at least makes you see that the bad ones are in the minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakeland Man:212149
    As a former LEO, I have known some "bad cops". I have also known many more cops who do a thankless job, for which they receive little appreciation, not nearly enough pay, and a lifetime of stress and emotional distress. Yes, we chose the profession. The good cops...all we really wanted from the general public was a little respect. And we get damn little of that.

I won't say that I hope you get a bad cop if you ever have to call. I also won't say that I hope the cop you DO get doesn't help you because of your attitude, problem, race, location, etc. What I hope is that if you ever need to call, whoever comes will be the one cop who changes your mind about the rest, or at least makes you see that the bad ones are in the minority.
    I appreciate your tolerance and kind post. I'm not sure where you were an LEO, but where I live they are making 80k-100k. We have lost one officer in the last 74 years. I respect authority, but every officer I have spoken demands respect without earning it. The problem in my eyes, is they actually lose respect because they act the way they do, and then excuse it for stress.

I hope one day I do come across a respectable LEO, but it won't be from calling for help. I've lost faith in 911 and public service. I lost faith when I started to realize they weren't there for the public, and the more I trained to take care of our own over the community. Until then, the minority is the good cops, if that minority exists at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    I appreciate your tolerance and kind post. I'm not sure where you were an LEO, but where I live they are making 80k-100k. We have lost one officer in the last 74 years. I respect authority, but every officer I have spoken demands respect without earning it. The problem in my eyes, is they actually lose respect because they act the way they do, and then excuse it for stress.

I hope one day I do come across a respectable LEO, but it won't be from calling for help. I've lost faith in 911 and public service. I lost faith when I started to realize they weren't there for the public, and the more I trained to take care of our own over the community. Until then, the minority is the good cops, if that minority exists at all.

Really firefighterchen? I love how you respect his tolerance and kind post when you have done nothing but disrespect police and show no tolerance on this thread.

In reality you people need to wake up. Bad cops make the news, good cops rarely make the news. A cop helping a suicidal person or a drug addict or an arguing family or stopping a shop lifter doesnt make the news. A cop who misbehaves is what gets the ratings for the TV news. They respond to calls all day long about idiots causing trouble and yet they dont make the news for diffusing situations, helping people, and enforcing the laws of the country you are supposed to support.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast