Stupid things cops say!! - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Stupid things cops say!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle:212321
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    I appreciate your tolerance and kind post. I'm not sure where you were an LEO, but where I live they are making 80k-100k. We have lost one officer in the last 74 years. I respect authority, but every officer I have spoken demands respect without earning it. The problem in my eyes, is they actually lose respect because they act the way they do, and then excuse it for stress.

I hope one day I do come across a respectable LEO, but it won't be from calling for help. I've lost faith in 911 and public service. I lost faith when I started to realize they weren't there for the public, and the more I trained to take care of our own over the community. Until then, the minority is the good cops, if that minority exists at all.

Really fighterchen? I love how you respect his tolerance and kind post when you have done nothing but disrespect police and show no tolerance on this thread.

In reality you people need to wake up. Bad cops make the news, good cops rarely make the news. A cop helping a suicidal person or a drug addict or an arguing family or stopping a shop lifter doesnt make the news. A cop who misbehaves is what gets the ratings for the TV news. They respond to calls all day long about idiots causing trouble and yet they dont make the news for diffusing situations, helping people, and enforcing the laws of the country you are supposed to support.
    Sorry to have offended you. I tolerated police for most of my life, and yes right now in my life I do not tolerate them at all.

btw I got basic cable yesterday for the first time, so all my judgment on police are first hand, not the news which I still can't stand to watch. Where again did I say I don't support laws, nor follow them?

@firefighterchen... It follows that if you support the country, then you support the country's laws, and if you support its laws, then you support the people who enforce those laws in which you support that compose the framework of the country you support.

Dont have to like them on an individual basis, but making negative generalizations about police is not supporting them.

I disagree. I think you can support this country (or the promise of this country) without supporting laws. Many of the laws are just plain stupid. I don't support those. And I sure as heck don't support any force who supports those laws. Real respect doesn't come at the end of a gun.

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    Properly trained reporters get the facts right :)
    Unless trained at a left wing-nut college or university in which they are trained to look at everything through the lens of "right wing is a bad thing, twist the truth to to that end". Now, if the "journalist" is properly trained otherwise yet works for a lefty "house", well, there's not much hope for their longevity if the facts are simply provided with no left spin. Don't believe that? Check this out: Blackout of Left's "Fairness" Doctrine Push

I could post these all day long but nobody would care. OK, one more: Media Malpractice How Obama Got Elected and Palin Was Targeted
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Piscator View Post
    I disagree. I think you can support this country (or the promise of this country) without supporting laws. Many of the laws are just plain stupid. I don't support those. And I sure as heck don't support any force who supports those laws. Real respect doesn't come at the end of a gun.
    So "illegal aliens" aren't illegal and completely welcome, right. Maybe the laws against treating animals with extreme cruelty, like beating your pets, should be abolished? How about removing the laws against rape, robbery and arson? I know, these are extreme examples but who are you, who am I to decide where the line is drawn? Laws can be a good thing to help shape, generally, a society's behavior. Yet, as we all know and can point out all day long, the idea of law making has gone "bonzo". I agree we could take AT LEAST ONE HALF of the laws off the books and nobody would notice. Law makers in our government should, IMHO, remove one law from the books when a new law is passed. Many laws are needed, many are complete nanny-state power grabbing tools. But again, I'm not qualified to draw lines. That's why the voting booth is so important, look at the attrocity the terrorist president we have now passed with the health care, er, government takover reform laws that are waiting to suck every last dime we don't have out of our economy. Ok, I can think of ONE law that should be temporarily removed, for one hour, while Obamao is shakled to a post in the center of the desert! We could have a lottery as to who gets to shoot, with immunity of course!
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Blog Entries
    ...Oh, his handlers, minions and cohorts including Soros would be shakled out there also. ...Think of the money we'd raise with trigger time raffles!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tuts40 View Post
    So "illegal aliens" aren't illegal and completely welcome, right. Maybe the laws against treating animals with extreme cruelty, like beating your pets, should be abolished? How about removing the laws against rape, robbery and arson? I know, these are extreme examples but who are you, who am I to decide where the line is drawn? Laws can be a good thing to help shape, generally, a society's behavior. Yet, as we all know and can point out all day long, the idea of law making has gone "bonzo". I agree we could take AT LEAST ONE HALF of the laws off the books and nobody would notice. Law makers in our government should, IMHO, remove one law from the books when a new law is passed. Many laws are needed, many are complete nanny-state power grabbing tools. But again, I'm not qualified to draw lines. That's why the voting booth is so important, look at the attrocity the terrorist president we have now passed with the health care, er, government takover reform laws that are waiting to suck every last dime we don't have out of our economy. Ok, I can think of ONE law that should be temporarily removed, for one hour, while Obamao is shakled to a post in the center of the desert! We could have a lottery as to who gets to shoot, with immunity of course!
    Rape, robbery, arson: malum in se - inherently evil. Drunk driving, selling raw milk, practicing medicine without a license are not inherently evil and should not be crimes. They are crimes because lobbies have convinced our representatives they should be crimes - because there is a profit incentive.

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle:213030
    @firefighterchen... It follows that if you support the country, then you support the country's laws, and if you support its laws, then you support the people who enforce those laws in which you support that compose the framework of the country you support.

Dont have to like them on an individual basis, but making negative generalizations about police is not supporting them.
    I support this country, and its constitution, and most of its laws...I do not support the enforcers. What does that make me? From my experience (as a citizen and as a paramedic) with police I will like them on an individual basis, and dislike them on a general basis because that is what they have proven to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Piscator:213068
    Enforcers of stupid laws is one thing. What about the enforcers who dont follow the laws they enforce? Maybe its another stupid law I don't know of, but one of my biggest peevs with police is their lead feet. They enforce speed limits, but I have seen dozens of police driving way over the limit with no lights or sirens. You know how screwed I would be if I took my ambulance or firetruck around like that?

Quote Originally Posted by henhenaio123 View Post
    first off where are you going to get 3-4 inch extended coilovers? As well as its not just about price it comes down to Gregs valving, you wont get the ride your looking for from an off the shelf coilover. I looked around before I bought my stuff and all said and done Greg at PRG was the best value. The Rough Country UCA might be a good value for someone just looking for more droop no uniballs or heims but for shocks PRG is the only way to go.
    I am a little unsure what you are replying to here?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast