Has any wrote to their State Attorney General Re:Concealed Carry Reciprocity
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has any wrote to their State Attorney General Re:Concealed Carry Reciprocity

1. Question Has any wrote to their State Attorney General Re:Concealed Carry Reciprocity

I want to write to my Attorney General to ask why we do not have more Reciprocity with other states. NY has so few and even just the next state over (minus VT) do not accept it. So has any wrote a letter before regarding this issue? if so what guild lines or how did you word it?
    Any help is great help because I am rather stumped, and not sure what to include. I imagine there is probably court rulings of some sort and Ill look into them. Thanks guys and gals.

Where are you located?

4. New York

NY could pick up recognition of quite a few states if NY would simply start recognizing other states. Heck, NYC doesn't even recognize the NYS permit.

6. Absolutely. That's why I want to overwhelm them with letters. I totally agree on recognizing other states. Esp up and down the east coast. Thats why I'm asking for ideas. Or ill just draft something up and post it, take the constructive criticism and fine tune it.

start by writing your congressman and asking them to support HR 822 national riciprocity bill ( thats probably spelled wrong)
    I don't think your attorney general has any authority to change legislation.

The trouble we in the north east face is the democrats in power..
    Keep your paws off my Carrots and my guns
    My rules to live by Never trust a squirrel, never french kiss an ardvark and never bring Jumbo hotdogs to a nudist colony barbcue.

I emailed my representative urging him to support it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

I can't seem to find it right now...but make sure the NY AG is the correct person to be asking about reciprocity. In some states it is the Dept of Public Safety or similar agency that runs that "show".

Then sure post something here first for the fine tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    I can't seem to find it right now...but make sure the NY AG is the correct person to be asking about reciprocity. In some states it is the Dept of Public Safety or similar agency that runs that "show".

Then sure post something here first for the fine tuning.
    Excellent answer. Too many times we jump on some politician that has absolutely no control over something which just causes everyone problems. I have no idea about NY but this applies to any state about any policy. Be sure the person that you are contacting can do something about whatever it is you want. The legislature may not permit reciprocity so there is nothing the AG or any other bureaucrat can do. Only a Senator or Representative (or whatever they are called in your state) can actually introduce a new law or a change in the law. You can propose one or even the President or Governor can propose one but they have to get someone else to introduce and put it on the calendar.

The AG only works for the State (or similar authority) and cannot and will not answer your specific questions. You must have someone such as your Rep. to ask for you. An AG opinion is just that, an opinion and carries no legal standing in court. I am amazed, although I should not be, at how misinformed the general public is on the actual workings of the government and how laws are made, enforced and interpreted. Probably the worst place in the world to get factual information on this is from forums such as this and second would be from LEO.

Everyone needs to do research on whatever topic they are concerned about and find out exactly what you need to do. Then contact whoever you need to about it, be short, concise, factual and courteous. A Congressman is not going to read a four page rambling diatribe about some right you claim, although they maybe should they aren't and their staff isn't. A short note saying "Please support HR822" is going to be put in the pile of supports but if you don't mention HR822 until the second page it is going in the trash.

The OP had a great question and idea. However I can't help in detail other than tell him he needs to do research. If there are others our there that do know the details please help as otherwise he is probably wasting his time. Good Luck.

11. That does help. I was just under the impression is a bond between the states. I read articles VIA online and usually the Attorney General was the person doing that. For NY I have looked extensively to find anything for this, and seems no one is in charge but the AG. You have a point of short and sweet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast