Gun Control? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gun Control?

Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    I read the links, I'm just not seeing the infringement of rights. Possibly with the border states issue, but the other two points sound to me like enforcing current law. And what's wrong with making it faster and easier to get through the background check process? And you shouldn't make straw purchases. There's a lot of alarms that should be going off in your head if someone asks you to buy a gun for them, wink wink nudge.

I realize that it's a lot more enjoyable for people to vilify Obama as anti-second amendment, and frankly, I've been disappointed with his reign as Grand Poobah, but I really don't see where he's anti-gun on any front. In fact, he's passed pro-gun legislation.

So...I hear Sarah Brady barking, but I don't think Obama's biting.
    How long do you think it will take before this administration requires the reporting of multiple gun purchases to be done in all states if this unconstitutional measure is allowed to go unchecked? And the records collected via this measure will create a nice database for tracking purposes... Do you really think the information collected via the mandated reporting, will be disposed of?

Obama, and the rest of his progressive liberal administration are as anti-gun as could be... Sit quietly and wait for further evidence? Not for me...

Another one conditioned to believe that the seemingly little infringements and reasonable restrictions on a constitutionally protected right are part of the burden that's required to be shouldered by law abiding gun owners. Disappointed with his reign? Right...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

The biggest problem I have with the multiple purchase reporting or restricting the number of purchases is this has not work for stopping meth. The meth cookers know the ways to get around this. The marijuana growers know the way to get around multiple purchases of grow lights. The Mexican cartels and the "straw men" will also know a way around this.

This doesn't stop or slow down anyone except the honest man.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecduc8r_NH View Post
    The biggest problem I have with the multiple purchase reporting or restricting the number of purchases is this has not work for stopping meth. The meth cookers know the ways to get around this. The marijuana growers know the way to get around multiple purchases of grow lights. The Mexican cartels and the "straw men" will also know a way around this.

This doesn't stop or slow down anyone except the honest man.
    DING! DING! DING! And there we have it folks... It will matter little to the people intent on breaking the law. It will make the honest law abiding citizen the criminal.. So the BATFE (Bunch of A-holes Trampling Freedom Eagerly) finds that the straw buyers will travel to states that do not have the multiple purchase reporting mandate... Then they will decree all the states will have to do it... Another measure to collect data on firearms owners... It's all part of the UN disarmament plan being pushed by the progressive liberal left... MOLON LABE!!!

I live in NM. It makes no sense to me that the BATFE will be "watching" me when I purchase more than one semi-auto, magizine fed, rifle larger than .22 caliber... I am a law abiding citizen who would never sell my guns to questionable people! The vast majority of people in the boder states are not involved in the drug trade... nor would we be after purchasing these guns.

This will be a huge waste of tax payer money... following and investigating everyday people for exercising their rights. The federal government has no right to know what guns I own... it's as simple as that.

I believe that this country is going to look very different in the coming years... it's going to be ugly for many people. I am prepared to do what's needed to preserve my, my families, and my childrens future rights given to me by no man, but by whatever you want to call him, it, or you name it... these are the most important things a people can do, preserve their freedoms... whatever the cost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    I live in NM. It makes no sense to me that the BATFE will be "watching" me when I purchase more than one semi-auto, magizine fed, rifle larger than .22 caliber... I am a law abiding citizen who would never sell my guns to questionable people! The vast majority of people in the boder states are not involved in the drug trade... nor would we be after purchasing these guns.

This will be a huge waste of tax payer money... following and investigating everyday people for exercising their rights. The federal government has no right to know what guns I own... it's as simple as that.

I believe that this country is going to look very different in the coming years... it's going to be ugly for many people. I am prepared to do what's needed to preserve my, my families, and my childrens future rights given to me by no man, but by whatever you want to call him, it, or you name it... these are the most important things a people can do, preserve their freedoms... whatever the cost.
    ‘‘War clouds were gathering rapidly. The sending of more than 3,000 British army regulars under Maj. Gen. Thomas Gage to Boston further exacerbated the imperial rift. When a column of these troops under Lt. Col. Francis Smith moved into the countryside to collect arms and munitions gathered by the patriot militia, hostilities erupted at Lexington and Concord on Apr. 19, 1775.’’

MOLON LABE!!!

I read the links, I'm just not seeing the infringement of rights. Possibly with the border states issue, but the other two points sound to me like enforcing current law. And what's wrong with making it faster and easier to get through the background check process? And you shouldn't make straw purchases. There's a lot of alarms that should be going off in your head if someone asks you to buy a gun for them, wink wink nudge.

I realize that it's a lot more enjoyable for people to vilify Obama as anti-second amendment, and frankly, I've been disappointed with his reign as Grand Poobah, but I really don't see where he's anti-gun on any front. In fact, he's passed pro-gun legislation.

So...I hear Sarah Brady barking, but I don't think Obama's biting.
    Don't you find it interesting that in the wake of a DOJ/ATF/Administration scandal/failure that the answer to all of our woes is to force the border states to report multiple guns sales... this AFTER many of these same states and dealers were forced to permit and participate in known straw sales ?? The initiative is nothing more than a way of trying to turn the "Fake and Frenzied" scandal into an opportunity to implement more controls before the complete meltdown of the operation before the congressional hearings.

If they REALLY wanted to make a difference, the WOULD enforce existing laws and arrest criminals, prosecte them for the real crimes that they do commit and then keep them in jail. Tighten our borders to prevent transit of illegals persons and items. THESE thing would make a real difference. Further penalizing already law-abiding citizens by creating new and more restrictive laws does NOTHING to stop criminals who by definition are already breaking the law.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms, disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." - Thomas Jefferson
    There already are 20,000 federal gun laws and regulations on the books. If those laws haven't made America safe by now, why should we think 20,001 laws will suffice? Harry Browne
    Life Member GeorgiaCarry.org http://www.GeorgiaCarry.org

Now just a second, before you get an aneurism or something.

Not more than three weeks ago Wayne LaPierre was giving an interview about the Arizona shooting, and he stated that the solution to the problem of people slipping through the background check cracks was to tighten up and enforce current law. Is this not what I am reading here?

1. A national electronic system designed to make background checks for handgun buyers simpler and faster.
    2. A new reporting requirement that federally licensed gun shops report any person who tries to buy two long-arm weapons near the Mexican border over a five-day period.
    3. Tougher sentencing guidelines for straw buyers.

I'm still open to the idea that this is bad news, but you're going to have to convince me with something more than a knee-jerk reaction.
    If this applies to people who buy guns near the border ONLY, then I think I am too far away? Anyway, don't be fooled...everytime something happens, the admin turns around and announced restrictions that will apply to us but NOT to them...
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Obama Administration Approves
    Illegal Multiple Sales Reporting Requirement

On Monday, the Justice Department announced that it will proceed with a controversial reporting procedure that will require federally licensed firearms retailers in states bordering Mexico to report multiple sales of semi-automatic rifles.

Last fall, the reporting procedure was proposed as an “emergency" measure by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. The procedure specifically calls for all of the firearm retailers in California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas to report multiple sales, or other dispositions, of two or more .22 caliber or larger semi-automatic rifles that are capable of accepting a detachable magazine and that are purchased by the same individual within five consecutive business days. For example, a dealer would have to tell the government every time a deer hunter in Sacramento or Amarillo finds a good deal on a pair of semi-auto .30-06s like the popular Remington 7400.

The BATFE has no legal authority to demand these reports, and the flood of new paperwork (BATFE estimates 18,000 reports per year) will waste scarce law enforcement resources that should be spent on legitimate investigations.

Deputy Attorney General James Cole said in the DOJ statement that this new reporting measure “will improve the ability of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives to detect and disrupt the illegal weapons trafficking networks responsible for diverting firearms from lawful commerce to criminals and criminal organizations.”

As anyone who watches the news is aware, the BATFE has recently come under intense scrutiny due to its involvement in, and handling of, the ill-conceived and ill-fated “Fast and Furious” operation. "Fast and Furious" was a part of the five-year-old "Project Gunrunner" program and encouraged Arizona gun stores to sell thousands of guns to suspicious buyers, despite objections from dealers and BATFE field agents alike.

House Judiciary Committee Chairman Lamar Smith (R-Texas) called the new policy "the height of hypocrisy," and said the Obama administration is restricting the gun rights of border state citizens "when the administration knowingly and intentionally allowed guns to be trafficked into Mexico.” Smith went on to say, “Limiting the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens is not going to solve the problem."

Earlier this year, the U.S. House of Representatives voted on and passed, by a vote of 277 to 149, an amendment to H.R. 1 offered by Reps. Denny Rehberg (R-Mont.) and Dan Boren (D-Okla.) that prohibits the use of federal funds for the reporting scheme.
    Unfortunately, the amendment was not included in the final version of the bill as a result of Senate inaction. In March, U.S. Sens. Jon Tester (D-Mont.) and Richard Burr (R-N.C.) introduced legislation (S. 570) “to prohibit the Department of Justice from tracking and cataloguing the purchases of multiple rifles and shotguns." The bill would prohibit the use of federal funds for a multiple sales reporting scheme proposed by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. Please contact your Senator and encourage him or her to cosponsor S. 570 to stop this blatant abuse of power. You can reach your Senators at (202) 224-3121 or send them an e-mail by clicking here.

Commenting on the DOJ announcement, NRA-ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox said, “$40 billion transnational criminal enterprises don't fill out paperwork and are not deterred by paperwork violations. This is a blatant effort by the Obama administration and ATF to divert the focus of Congress and the general public from their gross incompetence in the 'Fast and Furious' scandal. This scheme will unjustly burden law abiding retailers in border states. It will not affect drug cartels and it won't prevent violence along our borders. The BATFE and the Administration lack the statutory authority to do this and the NRA will file suit as soon as BATFE sends the first demand letters.”

Source:
    NRA-ILA :: Obama Administration Approves Illegal Multiple Sales Reporting Requirement

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

U.S. Law Enforcement Obtaining Warrants to Search Facebook Profiles - FoxNews.com

Oh and it gets better... They are aware that social media is the way to organize things... Like Egypt...

There is no longer a climate of trust... The left and right will at some point come to blows...

Hell Yea... MOLON LABE!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast