Politicians- Should we start over - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Politicians- Should we start over

What should happen is this, Take the losers we have supposively supporting us citizens and have them go through the books of all the Bill since the beginning of time. Take these Bills that have been amemded several times over, Bills that were obsolete for the past 50 years and clear those Bills from the books. Once they get this scrambled book of worms cleared up then go by these laws.

Just starting over with new represetatives will not solve the problem, I just think that all our representatives are quoting the law, just that the laws have not existed for many years.
    The Second Amendment is not about Hunting!!
    When the Government is afraid of of it's People, This LIBERTY
    When the People are afraid of the government, That is TYRANNY

The judicial system needs to be overhauled as well. Too many liberally biased loons sitting on benches for life... Soros and his liberal cronies have been stacking that deck for years. We can create all the legislation we want and believe the Bill of Rights protects our natural rights, but when the liberal loons say "it ain't so" we will have to fight for them... The entire system needs a reboot...

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it or their revolutionary right to dismember it or overthrow it." -- Abraham Lincoln
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

4. Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    We the people need to exercise our rights and peacefully march on Washington. Each and every elected official should be voted out of office for this fiasco.

John Adams was adamantly against political parties. He argued that a day will come when they will serve the party interests and fail the people they represent. A very wise man... he saw it coming.
    What's this crap about peaceful? That's exactly what the Dems want!
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post
    What's this crap about peaceful? That's exactly what the Dems want!
    For now I agree, peaceful march to DC... However, if Obama is reelected in 2012 then perhaps something to the right of peaceful would be in order..
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Every election cycle the people running for re-election campaign to fix the very problems they are creating. And what do we the voters do? That's right, re-elect them. Then what do you know. The problems grow. This doesn't seem to be working too well. Why don't we try something new and bold? Why not vote in new blood? Oh wait, can't do that, might loose too many government freebees. Forget that, what was I thinking.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

I am waiting for the day when people will NOT forget about these things when election day comes. New blood is not a guarantee of higher morals, but it can be a start. Not once did the supposedly compromising President consider Obamacare to be a compromise issue (Repealing this legislation would save lots of money, probably more than the Boehner Bill would!). Now that Congress is divided, there's all this talk about the importance of compromising. I don't remember any compromising from Congress or the President in 2009 or 2010, but the claim was made by some on the left that the basically powerless GOP at that time was ruining the nation!

I worry that things need to get substantially worse before they can get better.

I still think that these 545 and the whole judicial bench warmers should have two terms in office and not be allowed to run for office anymore. Then we have newer blood who can replace those ones that went. Most of these incumbents really need to find a real job in real life and have their career in politics just part of their resume. Give everyone a chance to prove themselves and walk the talk instead of just being the side dish of the sitting ones.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Mom you just posted the key word "career". The framers never intended our elected rep's to make this brief appointment a career. This evolved over time. Get rid of their lavish retirement program they created for themselves and maybe they won't stick around. I know, fat chance.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

The founders made two very serious and almost inexcusable errors;

1) They assumed that only honorable and upright men (women) would seek office at the highest levels of the Government.

2) They never saw the advent of the "professional politician".

The first was negated through years of greed and "What's in it for me?" attitudes throughout the Nation.

The second was responsible for the "Bread and Circuses" approach to vote buying and Party loyalty. (One of the root causes of our present financial problems.)

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    I am waiting for the day when people will NOT forget about these things when election day comes. New blood is not a guarantee of higher morals, but it can be a start. Not once did the supposedly compromising President consider Obamacare to be a compromise issue (Repealing this legislation would save lots of money, probably more than the Boehner Bill would!). Now that Congress is divided, there's all this talk about the importance of compromising. I don't remember any compromising from Congress or the President in 2009 or 2010, but the claim was made by some on the left that the basically powerless GOP at that time was ruining the nation!

I worry that things need to get substantially worse before they can get better.
    The media gets everyone's head twisted around. Most people get their facts from the news, which isw decidedly "left" leaning. Those who don't listen to the news are uninformed while those who do listen are ill-informed.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast