Another truth - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another truth

Quote Originally Posted by wjh2657 View Post

If you had invested it, you would have lost it to GWB's banker buddies in the Crash of 2004, My sons were independent and invested for retirement as did several of my relatives. They lost so much that they will never be able to recover their losses, thus facing retirement at 80+ , if at all. Now the banker's kids are in Las Vegas blowing that money away like it was Monopoly play money. Now everybody wants to change things so that the pirates can get everybody else's money.There is more than one kind of moocher in America, some of them drive nice cars and gamble like Arabs.
    A smart investor has recouped since 2004. In that 7-year period I've made ever penny back plus. I've made over 30% in gains since january 1st of this year. In the long run the market experiences fluctuations that are sometimes severe. People must understand the world economy, finance and the markets to be savvy investors. You can't just drop money in a 401K and sit back. That portfolio must be constantly assessed, re-evaluated and changed to ensure profitibility for the future.

In 2004 the Dow sat at about 11,000. In 2008-2009 it dropped below 8,500 (Obama buried your kids in debt with his economic stimulus package). While others complained, savvy investors were buying. Today it is 12,600 and I couldn't be happier with market performance.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    (Obama buried your kids in debt with his economic stimulus package)
    I'm not feeling very "stimulated".

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123