National Carry Conceal Still Alive

Thread: National Carry Conceal Still Alive

1. National Carry Conceal Still Alive

Sen. John R. Thune, R-S.D., in an exclusive July 14, 2011 interview with Guns & Patriots editor Neil W. McCabe, said he will re-intorduce a bill in the Senate for national concealed carry law. Thune's 2009 bill received 58 votes, failing short of the 60-vote threshold created by a Democratic procedure manuever. As he prepares his bill, the senator said he is working with possible Democratic co-sponsors to create a bill that will pass.

Call up your reps fellow CCWers

3. This is great and I'm happy that they are pushing for it but I still have to ask, why do we need this Bill when we already have the 2nd Amendment?
    Maybe we should be pushing that states obey the Constitution instead of creating new Bills and Laws that are already covered.

4. Please only post once.

Please don't spam multiple forum categories with the same post. It is only needed once.

5. National CC would be great!
    An optimist, is someone that doesn't know all the facts!

I'm assuming that Thune's bill would make each state recognize the other states' licenses like they do driver licenses. I'm all for that. I would be opposed to a Federal CCW license.

Chance, Chance, Chance

No chance, says that's whatcha got (Yeah)
    Up against a machine too strong
    Pretty politicians buying souls for us are.. Puppets
    We'll find their place in line

But tie a string around your finger now boy Cause it's
    It's just a matter of time
    Cause you've got

No Chance, No chance in hell
    You've got, No chance, No chance in hell

Come on, Come on, Come and get it, Come on
    (Come on, Come on, Come and get it, Come on)

Come on, Come on, Come and get it, Come on
    (Come on, Come on, Come and get it, Come on)

No chance - Oh yeah

No Chance, No chance in hell
    You've got, No chance, No chance in hell (Yeahhh)

Am all for a bill that allows carry in every state as long as their are no strings, this would not happen, so not to hopeful. 2nd amendment carry works, in every state, pass constitional carry in all states. PS: no registration of guns for any carry, registration leads to confiscation.

I simply do not understand why politicians waste their time trying to get a bill like this up and running, when there is virtually zero chance Hussein would ever sign it, even if it were to land on his desk.

If they are going to do something like this, at least wait until you have a Republican, pro gun President before you start putting this kind of work into it. I like Thune, but the reality of the situation is all he is doing is politically posturing himself.

He want the pro gun vote, and wants to come across as pro gun. That is fine, but this bill has as much chance of going anywhere as a one legged man in an ass kicking contest as long as liberal democrats control both the Senate and the White House. You cannot control the form of government you want when you only control one third of the government that establishes it. The best you can hope for is to run interference for the legislation you don't want. Even there the Republicans don't do very well. I give you Hussein Care as my bona fides. People need to start attaching reality to their politics, and stop living in never, never land. Bill T.

I'm hoping that my senator gets more support this time around.