A different perspective on poverty in the United States

Thread: A different perspective on poverty in the United States

A different perspective on poverty in the United States

I believe there will always be some level of poverty. There will always be some examples that are truly bad, but often taken out of context to broad brush a larger picture.

All people are created equal, but not all people perform equally. I think that's just a fact of life, or at worst, a fact of my ideology. Here an interesting article that takes a different look at poverty in the United States.

Modern Poverty Includes A.C. and an Xbox - By Ken McIntyre - The Corner - National Review Online

The heritage foundation has just put out a "profile" of "poor people in America" (as they did around 2005-6 ?) The results based on self confessed statistics derived from census returns of 2010.

I'm sure it will be comforting () for the taxpayers to know at what level of standard of living we fund for the "poor souls".

Ought to really tick off the "Government Dependents" in Europe to know how far behind they are in getting their Governments to afford them a "decent living" standard.

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
    The heritage foundation has just put out a "profile" of "poor people in America" (as they did around 2005-6 ?) The results based on self confessed statistics derived from census returns of 2010.

I'm sure it will be comforting () for the taxpayers to know at what level of standard of living we fund for the "poor souls".
    I have always been disapointed at the local Gamestop for not letting me trade my foodstamps and spare CCW Badges for Xbox games.

I believe a strong and robust secondary market exist for both. (LOL!)

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)