ATF changes reality on a whim - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ATF changes reality on a whim

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    Are we talking about the criminal BATFE that has been shipping illegal guns over the border??
    Who else?

The TN gunowners thread was of no help either. Can someone, anyone post a reliable link is to what is going on. In spirit I agree with all the ATF-bashing, but I want real info on this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    The TN gunowners thread was of no help either. Can someone, anyone post a reliable link is to what is going on. In spirit I agree with all the ATF-bashing, but I want real info on this matter.
    I agree. Without a reliable source, it's nothing more than hearsay.

Fargin' bastiges!!!
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

I am curious about this, too.

It would be nice to have a more official link regarding this ban then just one manufacturer's website.

Quote Originally Posted by RJT CCW View Post
    It would be nice to have a more official link regarding this ban then just one manufacturer's website.
    Thank you for echoing my previous comments. I would like a link with some info instead of just ATF-bashing comments.

It has to do with the bullets used in that ammo. Weight of jacket or solid round made of several types of metal including brass, bronze, steel, DU.

I'e googled it and I've looked on the ATF website. There is a lot of talk about this, but I cannot find anything on the ATF Website saying what is or is not considered pistol ammunition.
    Kershaw Shallot 1840, Kel-Tec P-3at, Kel-Tec PF-9, Glock 17, Glock 19, Glock 26, Kel-Tec SUB-2000 9mm (Glock 17 mag compatible), Maverick Arms 88 Security 8-shot 12 gauge.

The thing is any rifle ammo can be used as pistol ammo if you're crazy enough to to try. I remember when TC Contender was first introduced to shoot 30-06 ammo I thought that was crazy and still do.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast