Paying your share of the national debt - would you do so IF...? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Paying your share of the national debt - would you do so IF...?

If you spend $10 million per day for one year (365 days)= $3,650,000,000 a year. Or 274 years= $1 trillion. Or 3,836 years= $14 trillion. They're adding another $2 trillion= $16 trillion. Our government can't even pay the interest on this debt. Is anyone really so stupid as to believe this debt problem can be solved?
    The scariest words in all existence
    "Depart From Me, I Never Knew You"
    - Matthew 7:23 -

I don't know why you Americans don't just legalise drugs and prostitution. Also make narcotics free to any addict that wants to poison themselves. Straight-away you will take away the reasons to commit most crimes. On top of that you will get the least productive members of your society slipping away into oblivion. Oh, and if you make guns more freely available you will rob the gun-traffickers of an income as well!

Wasn't prohibition of alcohol one of the things that kept your gangsters employed back in the day?

I'd go so far as to say, if you did what I said, your only criminals would be the ones you vote for.

;-)

4. Ill do it for a repeal of the
    1968 GCA and a full auto short barrel M16 for each member of my family. And a pickup truck :)

Here's an answer for you, Philip....

Get rid of illegals in this country. Do you know that we spend $ 338.3 BILLION DOLLARS A YEAR accommodating illegals in this country? In 2006 alone, 45 Billion was sent by illegals to their countries of origin.

REF: Wooldridge - How Much Further Into This Nightmare?
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

1. Abolish the DEA, IRS, DOE, BATFE, EPA, DHS, TSA, FAA, FCC.
    2. Implement the Fair Tax Act Americans For Fair Taxation: Americans For Fair Taxation
    3. Bring all our troops home as quick as we can load them up on jumbo jets. (end nation building and regime changes)
    4. Exit the UN.
    5. End Foreign Welfare.
    6. Abolish every stinking Free Trade Agreement.
    7. Create the Unabridged Second Amendment Restoration Act; abolishing the 22,000 and counting unconstitutional second amendment infringements nationwide. Affirming that the Second Amendment IS our Concealed & Open Carry Permit.
    8. Abolish Social Security, Medicaid, and Medicare. Payout everybody that has paid into Social Security and let them plan for their own future.
    9. Make all political offices unpaid positions, take all financial/gift incentives for being a politician out of the equation.
    10. Implement a No Confidence Amendment; meaning with sufficient percentage of registered voters petition for a vote of no-confidence in any given 90-day period any politician can be removed from any office nationwide by WE THE PEOPLE.
    11. Pass a federal balanced budget amendment.
    12. Tell the Chinese and every other stinking foreign entity that we owe money; to get bent, American Citizens Come First...
    13. End all immigration/foreign visas/visa lottery's etc., until there are no U.S. citizens to fill the jobs they are currently stealing; which will be never...
    14. Build the damm fence.
    15. No Attorneys can ever be a politician act.

Take a look at Senator Tom Coburn's 9 NINE Trillion Dollar Spending cut proposal...

NoBama 2012

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    1. Abolish the DEA, IRS, DOE, BATFE, EPA, DHS, TSA, FAA, FCC.
    2. Implement the Fair Tax Act Americans For Fair Taxation: Americans For Fair Taxation
    3. Bring all our troops home as quick as we can load them up on jumbo jets. (end nation building and regime changes)
    4. Exit the UN.
    5. End Foreign Welfare.
    6. Abolish every stinking Free Trade Agreement.
    7. Create the Unabridged Second Amendment Restoration Act; abolishing the 22,000 and counting unconstitutional second amendment infringements nationwide. Affirming that the Second Amendment IS our Concealed & Open Carry Permit.
    8. Abolish Social Security, Medicaid, and Medicare. Payout everybody that has paid into Social Security and let them plan for their own future.
    9. Make all political offices unpaid positions, take all financial/gift incentives for being a politician out of the equation.
    10. Implement a No Confidence Amendment; meaning with sufficient percentage of registered voters petition for a vote of no-confidence in any given 90-day period any politician can be removed from any office nationwide by WE THE PEOPLE.
    11. Pass a federal balanced budget amendment.
    12. Tell the Chinese and every other stinking foreign entity that we owe money; to get bent, American Citizens Come First...
    13. End all immigration/foreign visas/visa lottery's etc., until there are no U.S. citizens to fill the jobs they are currently stealing; which will be never...
    14. Build the damm fence.
    15. No Attorneys can ever be a politician act.

Take a look at Senator Tom Coburn's 9 NINE Trillion Dollar Spending cut proposal...

NoBama 2012
    I'd agree with all but #8 for those who have reached age 55 or paid in for 30 years. The Gov't took our money for SS when we could have invested it at 8 to 10% interest and now the money that they took in 1985 is only worth half what it was when they took it. What they took in 1975 would be worth one fifth today. I don't have 30 more years to try to gain back the value of the money they took. Plus from 1996 to 2001 the Gov't wouldn't let me earn 8% on money I could have saved thanks to the banks and FDIC.

Quote Originally Posted by Greggatshack View Post
    I don't know why you Americans don't just legalise drugs and prostitution. Also make narcotics free to any addict that wants to poison themselves. Straight-away you will take away the reasons to commit most crimes. On top of that you will get the least productive members of your society slipping away into oblivion. Oh, and if you make guns more freely available you will rob the gun-traffickers of an income as well!

Wasn't prohibition of alcohol one of the things that kept your gangsters employed back in the day?

I'd go so far as to say, if you did what I said, your only criminals would be the ones you vote for.

;-)
    Yeah, and also there are other factors in play here. A lot of the problems with drug abuse and prostitution cannot be adaquately dealt with while those acts are illegal. Countries with legalized prostitution enjoy lower rates of STD transmition due to mandatory drug/STD testing. Needle exchange programs, something that is taboo in this nation, have shown to reduce HIV infection rates among drug adicts. There are a lot of public health issues that would see improvement from drug legalization and legalized prostitution.

NO!!!!! It's not my debt. It's Barack's. He's generated more debt than all other presidents combined and he's not even finished his first term. It's simple math... You can't spend money you don't have. And you can't keep kicking this can down the road.

Our Senate and Congress haven't had a passing relationship with their constituency in a long time. The Crips and Bloods (Dem & GOP) are engaged in nothing less than a gang war. The spoils are our tax dollars.

How about halting all pay and health benefits for Congress/Senate/President until they do their job?
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

If you want to reduce the size of government, you don't do it by giving them more money. You don't make a fat person thin by feeding them. Bill T.

It wouldn't work, if we can observe ANYTHING from our Government (both parties) it is the fact that no matter how much they "take" out of the pockets of REAL taxpayers (53% of all filers), they will find imaginative and wasteful ways to piss it away.

We must replace the spendthrifts before anything else can be achieved. The "Balanced Budget Ammendment" is a fine and much needed start. I'd even be willing to put language in the Bill to allow that "Law" to be overidden by 3/4 vote of Congress and only in cases of declared war. I'd even be gracious enough to allow a grace period of, say, seven years to accomplish that goal after implimentation/ratification of the Ammendment.... so as to NOT cause so great a shock to the economy.

Given that we currently borrow 40 cents on the dollar of spending.... one can surmise that getting the budget balanced is going to be an difficult and painful task. Best to incrementally head toward that goal... just as we incrementally got ourselves into this mess.

Oh.... once balanced, if the budget goes, say, 5% above those allocations during the course of the year.... responsible managers of individual departments responsible for the overage are automatically relieved of duty, if on a limited scale. If the entire budget goes through the ceiling, the previous "penalty" is enforced AND all Congresscritters who voted "yes" on that budget are automatically precluded from running for reelection, including the President.

Lets get our Administrative Managers to do a little frugality efforting and hold our Congresscritters responsible for proper money management at the same time.

Bye the way, the States can demand a Constitutional Convention for purposes of Ammendment proposals. I believe, since the last election, that there are enough conservative Governors holding State Executive positions to "make it happen".

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast