Ron Paul Has Guts- "Citizens Protection Act of 2011" H.R. 2613

Thread: Ron Paul Has Guts- "Citizens Protection Act of 2011" H.R. 2613

Exclamation Ron Paul Has Guts- "Citizens Protection Act of 2011" H.R. 2613

From Gun Owners of America.

http://gunowners.org/a07262011.htm

Rep. Paul recently introduced the “Citizens Protection Act of 2011” (H.R. 2613), which will repeal the Kohl amendment and thus remove the federally created criminal safety zones.

Rep. Paul is one of the few members of Congress who respects the Constitution and who actually introduces legislation to restore federalism. And, unlike some legislators, Paul has a history of forcing the House to vote on his pro-gun proposals, thus putting other congressmen on record.

GOA is proud to stand with Rep. Paul in the effort to repeal the unconstitutional gun free zones law. For anyone who cares about liberty, now is the time to work on getting the 218 votes we need to pass this important piece of legislation.

The best way to get this piece of legislation passed is to attach it as an amendment to the "Student's Non-Discrimination Act". Much in the same way that the national parks carry bill was attached to the credit card reform act. However in this case the two bills have a lot more in comman than national parks and credit cards.

First let me say that I am 100% in favor of this bill but I would caution everyone from getting too excited. This is the third time that Rep. Paul has introduced this bill and it has yet to make it out of subcommittee hearings. Before we start trying to find the 218 necessary votes to get it passed we are going to have to find at least one person that can get a hearing on it to even get it back to the full committee. With no co-sponsors that is almost impossible.

As G50AE said, the only way this bill is going anywhere is if someone can find a way to attach it to some other legislation. The good news is we have until Jan. 2013 to work on it before it starts all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    First let me say that I am 100% in favor of this bill but I would caution everyone from getting too excited. This is the third time that Rep. Paul has introduced this bill and it has yet to make it out of subcommittee hearings. Before we start trying to find the 218 necessary votes to get it passed we are going to have to find at least one person that can get a hearing on it to even get it back to the full committee. With no co-sponsors that is almost impossible.

As G50AE said, the only way this bill is going anywhere is if someone can find a way to attach it to some other legislation. The good news is we have until Jan. 2013 to work on it before it starts all over again.
    I was not quite as familiar with this bill's past. I agree that it is nothing to get excited about, yet. Untill we can find some Senator to attach it as an amendment to SNDA, it has no chance. Maybe we should convince forum member BigGayAl to run for Senate. What state is he from anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    This is the third time that Rep. Paul has introduced this bill and it has yet to make it out of subcommittee hearings. Before we start trying to find the 218 necessary votes to get it passed we are going to have to find at least one person that can get a hearing on it to even get it back to the full committee. With no co-sponsors that is almost impossible.
    This always seems to be the problem with not only Ron Paul's legislation, but Ron Paul himself. While I can appreciate his position on freedom, the Constitution, and gun rights, it means nothing if the mainstream voters regard him as a loser and a crackpot. That is how he is perceived, regardless if it is true or not.

He trails badly in most all of the polls that mean anything like Rasmussen, and he has zero chance of winning the Republican nomination. That's just the way it is. This is his third time running for President, and he is fairing no better than he did the last 2 times. His positions only mean something if he has a chance in hell of actually getting elected, which he doesn't. In short, Ron Paul is a political waste of time, money, and effort. Bill T.

Quote Originally Posted by billt View Post
    His positions only mean something if he has a chance in hell of actually getting elected, which he doesn't. In short, Ron Paul is a political waste of time, money, and effort. Bill T.
    And he will only get a chance when people who do believe in his politics decide to support him instead of automatically writing him off. Remember that the only wasted vote is the vote for the person you don't really want.

Quote Originally Posted by Derby View Post
    And he will only get a chance when people who do believe in his politics decide to support him instead of automatically writing him off. Remember that the only wasted vote is the vote for the person you don't really want.
    I keep hearing this, but it is totally bogus. Here is why. People don't really want him, period. Ron Paul has some good sound economic principals. He also champions freedom, which in itself is all well and good. Then he totally blows it and goes completely off the rails with all of his malarkey about legalizing drugs.

We're not talking about simply decriminalizing marijuana either. He wants to see Heroin and Cocaine on the shelf next to the nasal spray at the local Walgreen's. You will never sell that to mainstream America because they don't want it. Perhaps when "Generation X & Y" screw up the country enough in the next 30 years they'll go for it, but not now or in the near future. It will not happen.

Then let's move right along to closing every foreign military base in the world, and bringing everyone home. Yes, he wants to close all 800 of them. First off Hussein campaigned on closing GITMO, a small detention center on the south coast of Cuba. He couldn't do it. One of the reasons is because they didn't have anywhere else to put the people. Now, just where in the hell are we going to put the people and hardware from 800 military bases? Lease the back of local Wal-Mart parking lots perhaps? All this would accomplish would be to create a logistics, and foreign relations nightmare of epic proportions, of which he has no solution, or does anyone else for that matter.

Let's keep going to analyze his latest stupid fiasco. He wants to sell off all of the gold in Fort Knox to try to pay off the National Debt. There is currently about $228 Billion in gold in Fort Knox.

United States Bullion Depository - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We currently owe over $14 Trillion. So this clown wants to sell off one of the few national treasures we actually have, in order to not even make a dent in our current debt. Not only that but in the process contradicts himself, because of his constant whining about how our monitary system is not based any longer on a precious metal standard.

Ron Paul is not a viable, and more importantly, not an ELECTABLE candidate, because people simply do not want him, because of his many whacked out policies and principals. Not because they they are voting for someone who they think is worse, but can win. That is a fallacy Ron Paul supporters keep swallowing, even though they themselves don't actually believe it. Bill T.