Escalation in Arizona: Firearms confiscated
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Escalation in Arizona: Firearms confiscated

Escalation in Arizona: Firearms confiscated

Disgusting. Put Winslow and his private police force and his bought and paid for judge behind bars.

That was pretty slick of Roth to "give" away his firearms so there was nothing for the gestapo to confiscate. If I'd remembered the yard sale rifle after the cops had left, I'd just hurry and "give" that one away as well.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

I would have moved just past the outskirts of Quartzite and kept my guns.

I'm thinking the time frame was prohibitively short for a real estate or rental deal and a move.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

6. Why is the rest of the nation OK with this kind of behavior (by way of passive acceptance)? Why has Jan Brewer not sent in State Police to investigate this town? Every minute the PROPER authorities dawdles is another minute for corruption to extend its dark tendrils into that town.

The rest of the nation isn't OK with this as evidenced by the emails and Facebook entries to the Mayor, who by the way, is having trouble with these same people. I'm a little older than Mr. Winslow and have been in some stressful situations in my life also. I don't threaten anyone getting into my "personal space." It seems like he has an alligator mouth and a hummingbird rear end. Sounds like there should be a big shakeup in that city government and then start all over. Don't blame the fellow for not giving up his guns.Sounds like he may need them since Winslow bought his shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by eXGee11 View Post
    Why is the rest of the nation OK with this kind of behavior (by way of passive acceptance)? Why has Jan Brewer not sent in State Police to investigate this town? Every minute the PROPER authorities dawdles is another minute for corruption to extend its dark tendrils into that town.
    Perhaps you have answered your own question, eXgee. It almost seems as if Brewer and the rest of her cohorts, maybe even with the tacit approval of those even higher, are just waiting to see how far the town (and by extension the rest of us) will take the authoritarian abuse being doled out before reaching a flashpoint.

Nah, that would be a ridiculous conspiracy............ right?
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

The first I heard about this was on this forum. It seems the local media here have more important things to cover--today it was a new quarterback for the pro football team.

One of the local stations did mention the Quartzsite situation on the evening news a couple of hours ago. Nothing about weapons confiscation, though.

Horne: Quartzsite officials may have broken open meeting law - CBS5 - KPHO - Phoenix News, Weather and Sports

I looked at the websites for 3 of the other local stations and found no mention of it.
    Last edited by reb55; 07-29-2011 at 11:09 PM. Reason: speling

Just an FYI, Reb; on Fox Business News' "Freedom Watch", they have been shining the nationwide flashlight on the situation for a couple of weeks now. If you haven't watched it, I HIGHLY recommend it. That Andrew Napolitano is a patriot of the first order, and a champion of liberty.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

I usually have the Fox Report on during supper. If they mentioned it there I missed it. After that and about an hour of the local evening news, SWMBO takes over the TV and I retire to the computer.

I assume Andrew Napolitano is not related to our former governor Janet, presently in the whitehouse crew.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast