What the hell has happened to the USA? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What the hell has happened to the USA?

A little common sense would have gone a long way. Or is that a thing of the past?

Philip, thanks for the effort.

Hmmmm the agent that saw the Mom and Daughter is the agent that showed up at their house to serve the citation. Seems the agency's excuse is that the agent decided that no further action was to be taken. Then through a rare clerical error that same agent serves the Mom with the citation that is said by the agent to have been unnecessary?
    To bad it didn't go to court where it should have been thrown out because after telling the Mom that the bird was a protected species the agent did not inform the Mom that whatever was said would be used against her. Therefore the Mom and Daughter incriminated themselves instead of saying nothing.
    This Agent should be in Congress!
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

Liberals in charge. No commom sense!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Babarock View Post
    Jury trial with USACarry members on the panel works for me.
    Sorry, Baba, but I am sure that the members of this forum have been disqualified from the potential jury list. HOWEVER, I am sure that we are on some other federal lists!
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Boomboy007 View Post
    Sorry, Baba, but I am sure that the members of this forum have been disqualified from the potential jury list. HOWEVER, I am sure that we are on some other federal lists!
    So true. I can dream can't I?

I usually get released when they hear I listen to conservative talk radio (Neal Boortz) and like the idea in Georgia that a jury can ignore bad laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Babarock View Post
    So true. I can dream can't I?

I usually get released when they hear I listen to conservative talk radio (Neal Boortz) and like the idea in Georgia that a jury can ignore bad laws.
    My belief in jury nullification gets me thrown off every time.

8. Gulf, you keep hurting my feelings!!
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

It a good thing they figured out there mistake and tore up the ticket! Im sure its easy to mistake a little girl from a black market person! Lol

When ever I am out walking in the woods and see a discarded feather from a bird of prey I resist the urge to pick it up, because agents of the government will assume that you killed that bird in order to obtain that feather.

@CapGun - I'm sure there's some governmental "CYA" going on here. But at least they're making it right. This is why it's so important for us citizens to be able to express our outrage.

I just got a reply from USFWS as well. I've included the contact email and phone # so that any of you who wishes to call and scold them further can do so:

[email protected]

Mr. Gain,

Thank you for contacting the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service is apologizing to the Capo family for the actions of our law enforcement agents. Service Director Dan Ashe is attempting to reach the family to personally offer an apology on behalf of the agency.

We appreciate the family's efforts to do the right thing for the woodpecker and commend them for releasing the bird once contacted by law enforcement. The citation should never have been issued and the Service is in the process of correcting the error. The Capo family should disregard the citation.

We recognize that caring individuals like the Capos want to help injured and abandoned wildlife. In these circumstances, the best course of action is to contact the Service or state wildlife professionals, who can determine how best to help the injured animal.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Center - Tier II
    U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service

If you have any further questions, you may prefer to contact us by telephone,
    we encourage you to call our Customer Service Center at 1-800-344-WILD,
    Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm eastern time.
    S&W M&P 45; Ruger GP100 .357 Magnum; Charter Arms .38 Undercover
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/members/phillip-gain-albums-phil-s-photos-picture3828-reciprocity-map-29jun11.JPG

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast