Mr Transparency Obama, Same Ole Crap - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mr Transparency Obama, Same Ole Crap

Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    Why is it not fair that everyone contribute federal income tax to this country? If you want to be able to afford your taxes, make yourself more valuable to employers.

And your very first statement implies very strongly that you believe politicians only do things that are fair? Seriously?

Keep in mind the person earning $100000 and paying 10000 may be able to afford it (they may not, either) but that their $10000 will likely benefit the person earning $10000 and paying $1000. But will not benefit themselves.

This is altruism at it's most evil and it is destroying the country. The successful must pay for the unsuccessful, BECAUSE they are successful. And the unsuccessful must get the money BECAUSE they are unsuccessful.

Flat tax with no deductions, and the tax begins at dollar one. Supplemented with a small national sales tax. EVERYONE contributes.
    Sorry buddy, I should have used this symbol at the end The progressive liberals play the "it's not fare" card all the time. Our entire tax system is set up to make the productive people pay for the nonproductive. Obama and his party have had this plank in their platform for years. This is a major part of his campaign. Make the rich pay. Raise taxes on people earning more that $250,000. This has been all over the main stream media. How could you miss it? We don't need a national sales tax. Leave that to the states.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    Sorry buddy, I should have used this symbol at the end The progressive liberals play the "it's not fare" card all the time. Our entire tax system is set up to make the productive people pay for the nonproductive. Obama and his party have had this plank in their platform for years. This is a major part of his campaign. Make the rich pay. Raise taxes on people earning more that $250,000. This has been all over the main stream media. How could you miss it? We don't need a national sales tax. Leave that to the states.
    You need the sales tax for a reason. Go look at what the people are driving to get there. Many drive newer vehicles than we do. If they are so poor that they need help, where are they getting the money for the new car?

No problem, thanks.

Correct me if I'm wrong But I believe we still live in a free country. How you spend the money you earn is no ones business. I don't care how much money you make or how you spend it. The sales tax, if you must have one, should be relegated to the states not the fed, in my opinion. You do realize when someone buys a new car they are creating a job for someone else thus more tax payers. Explain how increasing taxes is creating any jobs except for more public employees to collect it. The more jobs created the more tax payers created. The more business grows the more tax payer businesses. It is not a zero sum game. One will effect the other.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

With a small flat tax and the elimination of all deductions, even a small sales tax of around 3% should result in a lower overall tax burden for those of us who earn a decent salary. Add the certainty of tax expenditures for businesses (try owning your own business like I do, uncertainty of everything, not just taxes,is the biggest job killer today)and individuals, and the market should only be affected positively.
    And of course, EVERYONE contributes. Even welfare recipients.

Quote Originally Posted by buddy:217892
    Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    The politicians would oppose a flat tax because it's not fair. A person earning $10,000 a year paying a 10% tax would pay $1,000. A person earning $100,000 would pay $10,000. The person paying $10,000 could easily afford to pay while the person paying $1,000 would have the greater burden. That's not fair.
    Why is it not fair that everyone contribute federal income tax to this country? If you want to be able to afford your taxes, make yourself more valuable to employers.

And your very first statement implies very strongly that you believe politicians only do things that are fair? Seriously?

Keep in mind the person earning $100000 and paying 10000 may be able to afford it (they may not, either) but that their $10000 will likely benefit the person earning $10000 and paying $1000. But will not benefit themselves.

This is altruism at it's most evil and it is destroying the country. The successful must pay for the unsuccessful, BECAUSE they are successful. And the unsuccessful must get the money BECAUSE they are unsuccessful.

Flat tax with no deductions, and the tax begins at dollar one. Supplemented with a small national sales tax. EVERYONE contributes.
    not FLAT TAX. FAIR TAX big difference

Fair tax or flat tax would be much better than what we have now. Whos definition of fair does the fair tax apply to.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123