Why I Voted for Obama - Page 2
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why I Voted for Obama

Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    Depends on how you define wasted vote. In my opinion if the third party is a liberal, that helps the conservative candidate. If the third party is a conservative, that helps the liberal candidate.
    I am still waiting to see a liberal third party candidate.
    I am still waiting to see the Democrat party be the one with the "Moderate" candidate over-reaching across the aisle and making excuses and apologizing for their party. I doubt that either will happen in my life time. I guess I can give the Dems some credit on this for having the ability to stay unified.

With regards to the original post, politics are just as polarized as issues like abortion and gun rights. Even the factual and accurate sources are deemed not to be such because there are powerful people who disagree with them. Several media outlets, including the New York Times, spent a lot of time and money to sift through thousands of Sarah Palin emails to find nothing. I wonder how many other candidates and politicians would have been able to have the same result after such scrutiny. I have heard that hearing candidates and meeting them in person is often quite different from almost all media filters. Painting Obama out to be a great President and painting Palin out to be a horrible vice president, is no more than an opinion, which then becomes a mudslinging and pissing contest when people can not back up their opinions with facts.
    Last edited by father-of-three; 08-03-2011 at 07:25 PM. Reason: spelling error

3. I honestly wouldn't care who/what party the president was IF. They didn't spend money like it was theirs. It isn't THEIR money. It OUR money.

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    I am still waiting to see a liberal third party candidate.
    Ralph Nader has run for president under the Green Party label.

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    I am still waiting to see the Democrat party be the one with the "Moderate" candidate over-reaching across the aisle...
    I guess you don't remember Zell Miller or Harold Lee Volkmer.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Ralph Nader has run for president under the Green Party label.

That's true, but I guess to further clarify what I previously posted, I was referring to a third party candidate that actually has enough votes to influence an election. Perot was successful in doing this, and I believe Trump would do so as well if he were to run as an independent.

I guess you don't remember Zell Miller or Harold Lee Volkmer.
    I do remember Zell, now that you mention him. I recall him speaking at a Republican Convention. To clarify that piece, I doubt that such a person would be considered for the Democratic nomination to run for President. Not to mention that he probably makes most "RINOs" look liberal. Former Pennsylvania Governor Robert Casey would have qualified as "Blue Dog Democrat," but keep in mind that the Democratic party refused to let him speak at at least one convention because of his anti-abortion views.

So yes, I agree that there is some ideological variance, but typically that variance keeps candidates out of nomination positions.

So wooddoctor what make you the scholar on why people vote the way they do???? Unless you're a women or black either way please tell us how you obtained these FACTS!!!!!

I find it amazing how some pulls race or gender into most of their posts just an observation!!!!!

8. I was educated in a government school!
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Well at least people can make mistakes, identify the mistake as what it truly is, a mistake, then attempt to learn from it and perhaps be more attentive to such matters going forward in an attempt to prevent the same mistake from occurring again.. Yes it was a mistake... The color of his skin is not the matter, The color of his politics and policies (communist red) are the issue and have long been visible...

Please don't do it again...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

10. Be careful what you ask for!

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    OK, I am at a loss on this one. How does the former Vice President's commanly used first name get snarled by the site's language filter?
    Gotta be more creative.. D_ick... See that works..
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast