Why I Voted for Obama - Page 5
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Why I Voted for Obama

Yay! Osama 2012! .....wait,thats not it....oh well, good enough. Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by BeauRyker:217631
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
    Oh. Oh. The "Web Police" has just put me on the Terrorist Watch List. LOL! That's OK, I don't intend to do any flying anyway. (Anti-groping protest more than anything else.)
    GG
    Come on, you can sit with me in the "terrorist section". If you can find a seat.
    I'm in. As long as I get a seat that reclines, has a long gun rack, an ammo box underneath and 2 cupholders.

Quote Originally Posted by Horkos View Post
    Yay! Osama 2012! .....wait,thats not it....oh well, good enough. Yay!
    One "Mantra" is as good as another to the lemmings. All they need is a noise to guide on.... all the way over the cliff.

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Quote Originally Posted by BeauRyker View Post
    Come on, you can sit with me in the Tea Party "terrorist section". If you can find a seat.
    I'm gonna get that on a sticker and a tee shirt.. "Proud TEA Party Terrorist"...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
    One "Mantra" is as good as another to the lemmings. All they need is a noise to guide on.... all the way over the cliff.

GG
    Bleating is the official language of liberals...

..... and crap is their primary product.

GG

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny:217646
    ..... and crap is their primary product.

GG
    I hear they make decent bologna.

Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    It seemed like a good idea at the time....

Actually, I still don't think he's half as bad as a lot of people make him out to be.

Here's my thing: I've always voted fairly liberal and Democratic. There have been times in the past I leaned more right, and times I voted Republican locally. I always figured it was better to err on the side of the left, if I had to err at all.

Here's where I get my facts: politifact.com and ontheissues.org

I could give a fig what obviously biased outlets have to say, because most everyone has an agenda.

I studied the issues and the candidates a lot. I liked what Obama had to say. I liked that he was young, and ambitious, and his views and values matched mine on the most important issues. I really liked that he was a good public speaker, because George W frankly embarrassed me nearly every time he spoke.

Political debates always fall apart into "The President doesn't really have any control anyway, it's all the House and Congress," so I figured I'd go with someone who at least presented himself well.

I liked Ron Paul. I went to the polls intending to vote for Ron Paul. Then that "wasted vote" idea just kept poking at my mind. Plus, the reason i like Paul was because he wanted to give rights to states. I thought, that's a great idea. You don't like guns? Go live in a gun-free state. You don't like abortion? Go live in an abortion-free state. And better yet, on the state level, your vote is going to count and your voice is actually going to be heard. But then I thought, what if his personal views overpower his promises? My values and his values don't line up in important areas.

During the debates, I liked McCain. However, and I'm sorry to say this to her fans, I really disliked Sarah Palin. I felt like she was seriously devoid of knowledge, and that she demonstrated this time and again, plus she never engaged in serious discussion, she only spewed catchy slogans and sound bites. She was the epitome of the beauty queen, lovely to look at, and full of answers about saving the children and ending world hunger.

Still, I liked McCain. Until that debate where he called Obama "that one." And it wasn't even the "that one," it was his whole attitude. He was nasty and surly and petulant. He was like some pissed off teenager whose girlfriend just danced with some other guy. I didn't want an angry child running the country.

So Obama got my vote. And like I said, I don't really think he's all that bad. I don't see him taking away gun rights, I don't see him running the country into the ground.

However, I also don't see him doing much to help us out, either.

I don't much care about the rhetoric, the rumors, the speculation. I don't give a damn about his birth certificate, or his religion, or if he uses a teleprompter.

What I care about is results.

I'm not seeing them.

I actually quite like Obama as a person, but I'm afraid he's not getting the job done that I hired him for. It appears a lot of other people feel the same way. His approval ratings are quite low at this time.

At this point, I'm hoping there will be other viable candidates. I'm not seeing them yet. But one thing is certain. I'll not be voting for Obama again. This time, I'm not worried about wasting my vote, and I'm not worried about erring on the side of caution. My vote goes to someone else, because, ladies and gents, it's truly time for a change.
    Obama... I couldn't care less for the man. I met him in early 2010 at a place called Bagram AB, Afghanistan... he gave a speech while he was there. We were all packed into a K-span and he was up on the stage... the entire speech he never once looked at me or the people near me, we were about 20 feet away near the front of the crowd. I didn't see or feel "he" felt what he was saying, he was just making it look good for the camera. He didn't connect to me or many others there that night.

Later he came to the Dragon DFAC to meet some troops... other than the typical "hi, how ya doing, thanks for your service" stuff... I got no sense he gave a crap about me, what I had to say, or my fellow service members that night.

So, if for no other reason... I don't like the guy b/c even while standing in front of me, he didn't seem to really, truly care.

I like Ron Paul, for many reasons. As far as the "wasted vote" thing, that makes no sense to me. If he's who I beleive in and want to reside as President, that's who I'm voting for. And think about this... would he still be a "wasted vote" if people stopped telling themselves that???
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Quote Originally Posted by Horkos View Post
    I hear they make decent bologna.
    Gotta be careful with it though... Could cause lasting effects on the consumer such as insanity, immorality, impracticality, illogical thought, irrationality... Nah, I'll keep eating pork and beef... LOL...

You forgot illusions of grandeur as to personal worth to society.

GG

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast