Why I Voted for Obama - Page 8
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Why I Voted for Obama

Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    It seemed like a good idea at the time....

Actually, I still don't think he's half as bad as a lot of people make him out to be.

Here's my thing: I've always voted fairly liberal and Democratic. There have been times in the past I leaned more right, and times I voted Republican locally. I always figured it was better to err on the side of the left, if I had to err at all.

Here's where I get my facts: politifact.com and ontheissues.org

I could give a fig what obviously biased outlets have to say, because most everyone has an agenda.

I studied the issues and the candidates a lot. I liked what Obama had to say. I liked that he was young, and ambitious, and his views and values matched mine on the most important issues. I really liked that he was a good public speaker, because George W frankly embarrassed me nearly every time he spoke.

Political debates always fall apart into "The President doesn't really have any control anyway, it's all the House and Congress," so I figured I'd go with someone who at least presented himself well.

I liked Ron Paul. I went to the polls intending to vote for Ron Paul. Then that "wasted vote" idea just kept poking at my mind. Plus, the reason i like Paul was because he wanted to give rights to states. I thought, that's a great idea. You don't like guns? Go live in a gun-free state. You don't like abortion? Go live in an abortion-free state. And better yet, on the state level, your vote is going to count and your voice is actually going to be heard. But then I thought, what if his personal views overpower his promises? My values and his values don't line up in important areas.

During the debates, I liked McCain. However, and I'm sorry to say this to her fans, I really disliked Sarah Palin. I felt like she was seriously devoid of knowledge, and that she demonstrated this time and again, plus she never engaged in serious discussion, she only spewed catchy slogans and sound bites. She was the epitome of the beauty queen, lovely to look at, and full of answers about saving the children and ending world hunger.

Still, I liked McCain. Until that debate where he called Obama "that one." And it wasn't even the "that one," it was his whole attitude. He was nasty and surly and petulant. He was like some pissed off teenager whose girlfriend just danced with some other guy. I didn't want an angry child running the country.

So Obama got my vote. And like I said, I don't really think he's all that bad. I don't see him taking away gun rights, I don't see him running the country into the ground.

However, I also don't see him doing much to help us out, either.

I don't much care about the rhetoric, the rumors, the speculation. I don't give a damn about his birth certificate, or his religion, or if he uses a teleprompter.

What I care about is results.

I'm not seeing them.

I actually quite like Obama as a person, but I'm afraid he's not getting the job done that I hired him for. It appears a lot of other people feel the same way. His approval ratings are quite low at this time.

At this point, I'm hoping there will be other viable candidates. I'm not seeing them yet. But one thing is certain. I'll not be voting for Obama again. This time, I'm not worried about wasting my vote, and I'm not worried about erring on the side of caution. My vote goes to someone else, because, ladies and gents, it's truly time for a change.
    At least you've seen some error in you ways. Respectfully, he "Hasn't run the country into the ground?" Yes, I guess it'd be safe to say you're "Still waiting for results" I think that may be a long time if he's in office. Let's see, he (and Pelosi) have spent more money since he took office then ALL of the presidents from Washington to W! Unemployment 9.2% REAL unemployment closer to 22-25%?
    Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia...Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Wow racial stereotypes it's 2011 you guys can't come up with anything new???? I get it your education system failed you LOL oh well that explains why your unhappy in your poor little lives LMAO!!!!!! This is what I got in my stimulus package!!!!!! Check out the photo!!!! See my friends I don't care what you say I'm living very well!!!! LOL my toy chest is amazing!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images Why I Voted for Obama-2010-04-21-17.01.08.jpg 

Ah the fruits of my labor LOL!!!!!! I have plenty of room how about you????? That's why I celebrating Obama's 50th Birthday today because it's my right!!!! LMAO

FORD is a great company please keep investing keeps me living good LOL!!!! Oh yeah BTW I'm at work now!!!!! LMAO!!!!!

Today we celebrate a great day in American history. Though we live in times uncertain. There is the bright glowing horizon that is the knowledge that good O'l barry is one day closer to being unemployed and one more year closer to death. In celebration I plan to BBQ some of those pesky "unclean" animals I hear so much about from barry's "peaceful" muslim pals.

Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post
    And Casey Anthony loved her child.
    Comparing me to a child murderer for discussing the merits and drawbacks of current political issues? Sir, thou hast cut me to the quick.

Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    Comparing me to a child murderer for discussing the merits and drawbacks of current political issues? Sir, thou hast cut me to the quick.
    Wait.............wasn't she found not guilty?

Horkos hey Ford stock dropped a little bit its now $10.46 a share if you invest now you can buy a share and get those new rims & tires for your house!!!!! It's a double wide correct LOL LMAO trailer trash!!!!!

Why I Voted for Obama-0810-paula-pratt-d.jpg

I sure will!! It's the American dream we all can eat high off the hog as far as I'm concerned!!!!!

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast