Why I Voted for Obama
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why I Voted for Obama

Sandpoint, Idaho

Why I Voted for Obama

It seemed like a good idea at the time....

Actually, I still don't think he's half as bad as a lot of people make him out to be.

Here's my thing: I've always voted fairly liberal and Democratic. There have been times in the past I leaned more right, and times I voted Republican locally. I always figured it was better to err on the side of the left, if I had to err at all.

Here's where I get my facts: politifact.com and ontheissues.org

I could give a fig what obviously biased outlets have to say, because most everyone has an agenda.

I studied the issues and the candidates a lot. I liked what Obama had to say. I liked that he was young, and ambitious, and his views and values matched mine on the most important issues. I really liked that he was a good public speaker, because George W frankly embarrassed me nearly every time he spoke.

Political debates always fall apart into "The President doesn't really have any control anyway, it's all the House and Congress," so I figured I'd go with someone who at least presented himself well.

I liked Ron Paul. I went to the polls intending to vote for Ron Paul. Then that "wasted vote" idea just kept poking at my mind. Plus, the reason i like Paul was because he wanted to give rights to states. I thought, that's a great idea. You don't like guns? Go live in a gun-free state. You don't like abortion? Go live in an abortion-free state. And better yet, on the state level, your vote is going to count and your voice is actually going to be heard. But then I thought, what if his personal views overpower his promises? My values and his values don't line up in important areas.

During the debates, I liked McCain. However, and I'm sorry to say this to her fans, I really disliked Sarah Palin. I felt like she was seriously devoid of knowledge, and that she demonstrated this time and again, plus she never engaged in serious discussion, she only spewed catchy slogans and sound bites. She was the epitome of the beauty queen, lovely to look at, and full of answers about saving the children and ending world hunger.

Still, I liked McCain. Until that debate where he called Obama "that one." And it wasn't even the "that one," it was his whole attitude. He was nasty and surly and petulant. He was like some pissed off teenager whose girlfriend just danced with some other guy. I didn't want an angry child running the country.

So Obama got my vote. And like I said, I don't really think he's all that bad. I don't see him taking away gun rights, I don't see him running the country into the ground.

However, I also don't see him doing much to help us out, either.

I don't much care about the rhetoric, the rumors, the speculation. I don't give a damn about his birth certificate, or his religion, or if he uses a teleprompter.

What I care about is results.

I'm not seeing them.

I actually quite like Obama as a person, but I'm afraid he's not getting the job done that I hired him for. It appears a lot of other people feel the same way. His approval ratings are quite low at this time.

At this point, I'm hoping there will be other viable candidates. I'm not seeing them yet. But one thing is certain. I'll not be voting for Obama again. This time, I'm not worried about wasting my vote, and I'm not worried about erring on the side of caution. My vote goes to someone else, because, ladies and gents, it's truly time for a change.

The last election cycle assured that either way we would get an idiot for a vice-president. Say what you like about George CCW Bush and Bill Clinton, neither of them had idiots for running mates. When asked what the main difference was between **** Cheney and John Edward, George CCW Bush responded with, "**** Cheney can do the job of president if need be." I think that summed it up quite well. The creators of South Park must have agreed because they gave John Edward the title of "Biggest Douche of the Universe".

OK, I am at a loss on this one. How does the former Vice President's commanly used first name get snarled by the site's language filter?

5. "Freedomnomics" by John Lott. Here we have a renowned economist going all the way back to the late 1980s to see what happens when women get the vote. His findings? In every single case, when women were given the right to vote the cost of government immediately began to rise as women, particularly single women, started voting for the candidates who would create more government spending programs designed to provide women with security. That magic word .. .security.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

You obviously didn't investigate enough. He had commie/leninist written all over him from as far back as the 80s. As far as him personally............arrogant, lazy, egotistical, and just about as sorry a human being as can be produced by two people.

Better than john & Sarah!!!!!! Simply the best for the job!!!!!!

8. Most not all but most women will vote from an emotion stand point and vote Libtard. Go back and read the original Post. Just like Most not all blacks will vote for a black libtard.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

9. There is no such thing as a wasted vote
    and change is a commin it may be better it may be worse it maybe the same old soup warmed over but its commin

Renbots Guest

What I like about USACarry

What I appreciate about USACarry is the fact that when it comes to politics not only do you get varying opinions, but you also get respectful feedback, even if it is strongly worded. I think this may be a result of the emphasis the community puts on freedom. It's interesting that a community which is often seen as closed minded, actually may be the most ready to listen.

Creswell, Oregon
    Depends on how you define wasted vote. In my opinion if the third party is a liberal, that helps the conservative candidate. If the third party is a conservative, that helps the liberal candidate.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast