Proposed U.N. Treaty to Regulate Global Firearms Trade Raising Concerns for U.S. Gun
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Proposed U.N. Treaty to Regulate Global Firearms Trade Raising Concerns for U.S. Gun

Exclamation Proposed U.N. Treaty to Regulate Global Firearms Trade Raising Concerns for U.S. Gun

This seems to have been coming down the pike for quite a while and even our Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, has been alleged to be one of the backers along with the Pied Piper. The sovereignty of our country is being undermined and we are slowly being subjugated to the UN. We should get rid of the UN in this country and tell the rest of the world to back off. This will be an acid test for our Congress and our President (if we had one). One of these days, someone is going to knock on our doors asking for our guns, knives and slingshots. That is one good thing about being old, I may not live long enough to see it but it is coming. If I do live long enough, I hope that there enough like minded people left to fight with me. That will be my last opportunity to stand up as an American citizen!

4. If something like this gets passed I'll just have to bury my guns in the backyard till after they come looking. And report them stolen. I don't know. I can't believe that this is even being considered. Criminals will get guns no matter what so why are law abiding citizens being punished. Its especially hard to swallow for me having fought in Iraq and protected our rights like so many before me. I spit at this administration.

Actually under the constitution no other country can regulate crap, buzz off UN, come and take it. Based on your past history you losers will get your butt kicked.

The next POTUS will tell the UN to get the hell out of America...<dreaming...>
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    The next POTUS will tell the UN to get the hell out of America...<dreaming...>
    We can only hope.

I saw this here, and sent my state Senators an email via the provided link. I got this response from Democratic Ohio Senator Sherrod Brown:

Dear Mr. Johnson:

Thank you for contacting me with your concerns regarding a possible ban of firearms by the United Nations.

In 1999, the United Nations made a commitment to address the illegal trade in small arms and light weapons. The main purpose of the UN program is to promote the restriction of illegal small arms and light weapons and to coordinate international vigilance against their spread. The program is not intended to negotiate a global gun ban or to deny law-abiding U.S. citizens their right to bear arms.

I support the Second Amendment right to bear arms. Should legislation regarding this issue come before the Senate, I will certainly keep your views in mind.

Thank you again for contacting me.

Sincerely,

Sherrod Brown

United States Senator

UN: Another bunch of whiners that needs to be told to "get lost".

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Quote Originally Posted by Terminal Lance View Post
    If something like this gets passed I'll just have to bury my guns in the backyard till after they come looking. And report them stolen. I don't know. I can't believe that this is even being considered. Criminals will get guns no matter what so why are law abiding citizens being punished. Its especially hard to swallow for me having fought in Iraq and protected our rights like so many before me. I spit at this administration.
    There are far more law abiding citizens.= "the masses". Those are the ones that need to be controlled in order for "them"to maintain power. Have no fear, when there are none left but the "lawless" they will be eliminated en mass by the "regime". Plus you "treasonous" individuals that will not march in lockstep will suffer the same fate as the other criminals! The rest of the brainwashed PC "sheeple will applaud this!
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

Last month a U.N. committee met in New York and signed off on several provisions, including the creation of a new U.N. agency to regulate international weapon sales, and require countries that host firearms manufacturers to set up a compensation fund for victims of gun violence worldwide.
    Isn't it interesting that it always seems to be about MONEY? So as long as mass murdering dictators rule a country that does not manufacture guns bear no liability for their atrocities. I guess the quote "The sword does not commit the murder and the sword maker bears no sin" has just been rendered meaningless.

I challenge you out there to list the reasons in a separate thread that there are those out there that want to do something that is impossible to do except to "law abiding citizens", that being the complete disarming of anyone except police and military.
    Saying that they want to take over is not good enough to explain why an American Citizen would agree to this and what they really expect to happen. This is something my small brain "does not compute!" Conspiracies, theories and rational thought out guesses welcome!

Read more: Proposed U.N. Treaty To Regulate Global Firearms Trade Raising Concerns For U.S. Gun Makers | FoxNews.com

R
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast