Gun Show Loop Hole - Here We Go Again - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gun Show Loop Hole - Here We Go Again

1. I'm of the opinion that there should be a separation of "dealer gun shows" and "collector/private gun shows" with a very definable difference between the two. At "dealer gun shows", EVERYONE buying a weapon has to submit to background checks (and I'd argue that every seller must have an FFL.) At "collector/private gun shows", NOONE with an FFL is allowed to sell, nor is anyone allowed to sell in such a way as to violate FFL laws. So it would truly be a place for private owners to buy and sell small numbers of weapons.

But yeah, before Oregon closed the "gun show loophole" (so I can't tell the difference between 'private' and 'commercial' sellers any more,) I would see "private" sellers with more for sale than commercial. I'm sorry, but those people are just flouting the law, plain and simple. Just like my wife's ex who buys and sells cars "on the side", to the tune of more than one car a month. He's a "used car dealer" who just doesn't pay taxes.

3. Ed, the guy who sold the .380 was a licensed dealer, but he had a table of privates ohio to ohio. it wasnt a no questions asked except are you a fed from what im told. this is just to get this so called loophole closed and then everyone will be regged with the feds and the feds can come get your guns when ever they want.

i can only speak in kyles behalf, and what he told me but most of the people were just working class people and this was set up to make the so called loophole get more attention. they lie in the article and most people believe it. look up kyle on facebook and tell me if he looks like a damn criminal to you. so he tried a little drugs and got caught, the stuff may not have even been his, but he took the blame.

that shouldnt stop a non violent person from owning a firearm, every on makes mistakes and most people grow up and make a family, and they dont deserve the right to protect their family anymore? when the violent criminals have the unregistered guns bought in the back allies, they could just look up the non violents on public records and pick them off one by one

Even at the risk of playing devil's advocate, I'm gonna jump in here. Most gun owners who sell firearms (whether they are FFLs or not) know that felons are prohibited by law from possessing firearms or ammunition. Knowing this, no way no how would I do a sale at either a gun show or privately to someone whom I do not know. Why anyone would is beyond me; if you don't know the person and the gun later shows up at a crime scene, the police may very well knock on your door at some point. Sure you may have a bill of sale to show that you are no longer the owner of the firearm, but what good would that do if all you can tell them is that you had no way of knowing that the buyer was a felon or that he would use the gun to commit a crime? The ONLY people I would sell a firearm to are nonfelons whom I know personally and trust. I don't care how trustworthy a stranger portrays himself to be or how good a price he offers for a firearm I own, I would NEVER sell a firearm to him. What better way to cover your tail than to never let it get exposed in the first place?

All those damn gun shows need to be closed down. Everyone knows that we all walk out of there with fully automatic weapons, case after case of ammo, RPG's, land mines, mortars, artillery pieces and small yield nukes. All without filling out any paperwork. Every single one of these are destined to go to either Mexico or to Al Queda. Well, maybe not Mexico, the BATFE hates competition.
    MR

6. Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    What better way to cover your tail than to never let it get exposed in the first place?

get the buyer to sign a bill of sale, releasing you of all responsibilities or actions of gun serial #, name date and notarized. thats about the only way to cover your tail if you choose to sell a weapon that is in your name. as far as i know

7. Quote Originally Posted by Mosbyranger View Post
    All those damn gun shows need to be closed down. Everyone knows that we all walk out of there with fully automatic weapons, case after case of ammo, RPG's, land mines, mortars, artillery pieces and small yield nukes. All without filling out any paperwork. Every single one of these are destined to go to either Mexico or to Al Queda. Well, maybe not Mexico, the BATFE hates competition.
    MR
    operation fast and furious. nuff said.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Mosbyranger View Post
    MR
    Don't forget about the Tactical Nuclear Weapons they sell from the tailgates of the pickup trucks with rifles racks showing. Quick, Tell Janet Reno !

Quote Originally Posted by ONLYPILL View Post
    Quick, Tell Janet Reno !
    Did you hafta bring up that name?!?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12