Gun Show Loop Hole - Here We Go Again
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Gun Show Loop Hole - Here We Go Again

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Southeastern, Oklahoma
    Posts
    59

    Gun Show Loop Hole - Here We Go Again

    New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg is at it again, I'd like to see the actual numbers of guns that are sold without background checks to thugs at gun shows. I know some are but most buy stolen guns from other thugs

    Gun show buys lead to arrests
    NRA Life Memeber, GOA, CCRKBA, SAF, OPHA, OFBA, FTA

    Chickasaw/Choctaw Indian

  2.   
  3. #2
    My opinion: This is probably the most fair and objective article I've seen on this issue in a long time. The reporter stuck with the facts, and at the end of the article presented a synopsis from both points of view. Good to see that quality journalism isn't dead. (It just no longer exists in major publications.)

    Personally - I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the "gun show loophole." I generally think that the government should not interfere in private sales of anything. However, there's a trend of so-called "private sellers" at shows who actually sell as many firearms as dealers do. And as this story shows, some criminals do know the laws and are taking advantage.

    I can see both sides. And I'm not sure where I stand.
    S&W M&P 45; Ruger GP100 .357 Magnum; Charter Arms .38 Undercover
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/members/phillip-gain-albums-phil-s-photos-picture3828-reciprocity-map-29jun11.JPG

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Houston Metro Area, Texas
    Posts
    3,004
    While we are at it, Bloomberg should be prosecuted for the straw purchases that were made on camera for his fight against these sales two wrongs do not make a right. Firmly believe I can sell anything I own.

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Gain View Post
    Personally - I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the "gun show loophole." I generally think that the government should not interfere in private sales of anything. However, there's a trend of so-called "private sellers" at shows who actually sell as many firearms as dealers do. And as this story shows, some criminals do know the laws and are taking advantage.

    I can see both sides. And I'm not sure where I stand.
    Phillip a lot of those people used to have FFL's. Durring the Clinton years the ATF conducted a purge of FFL holders. Basically stating that these people did not need FFL's because they were not in the business of firearms sales. This is a Clinton created issue. Had Clinton's ATF let these people go along unpurged, they would have FFL's and be doing all of the same paperwork as any other FFL holder.

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg is at it again, I'd like to see the actual numbers of guns that are sold without background checks to thugs at gun shows. I know some are but most buy stolen guns from other thugs

    Gun show buys lead to arrests
    Are you upset that Kyle Ditty and Shayvion Furlow were arrested for possession of weapons while under a legal disability?

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Southeastern, Oklahoma
    Posts
    59
    No!! The fact the Bloomberg and others are always saying B-Guys use Gun Shows as a way to buy weapons without having to fillout proper paper-work. I agree that these dirt bags should be arrested.
    NRA Life Memeber, GOA, CCRKBA, SAF, OPHA, OFBA, FTA

    Chickasaw/Choctaw Indian

  8. ok first off, that article, the guy didnt get his facts straight. Kyle is not convicted twice of crack cocaine. look up his record on montgomery county clerk of courts records, google it put his name in. second parties shouldn't speculate the case cos its total crap and the REAL article that made the paper Kyle was hardly mentioned, but the friend in the article was the buyer and soon to be registrar,not Kyle.

    Kyle was convicted of <.1 gram of cocaine in 2003 and 2004, residue, nothing our past 5 presidents havent done, sp what he experimented with at a young age. it was a mistake and cost him his right to protect his family. no trouble with police since he entered rehab and payed his debt to society.

    all this article is, is speculation even by the police, its nothing but probables and bullcrap about the BG check. its so wrong in fact lawyers are working on suing the author for slander on kyles name.

    Furlow is a decent, maybe violent youth living in a violent city where you nearly HAVE to have a gun or you get killed or robbed! for some reason they singled kyle out, put him as the star of the article, and put the violent robber and burgler under that! this guy has done crimes where there is a victim involved. i hardly think kyles past adds up to any harm to anyone. a victimless crime of possession of residue.

    what this article doesnt mention, is that kyle and his 'friend' went, friend purchased weapon, they were pulled over while exiting the show, detained, let go WITH the gun because it was the friends gun not kyles. once they arrived from dayton ohio where the gun show was, to west carrollton ohio (60 min drive from first traffic stop) when the friend lived, police swarmmed then in a swat type manner even after the first stop kyle was let go with just a ticket for no rear view mirror.

    kyle was simply detained for being in the car with a gun. please dont be so quick to judge based on an article, if needed i could scan the other article. you should not even mention kyle and the furlow guy in the same category of criminal! it just propaganda. so 'the friend of kyle' was not arrested? why? he purchased the weapon, they just needed kyle to arrest and have more people. by the way, there were 16 people arrested in a 2 day sting, not 4 like they say.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Gain View Post
    My opinion: This is probably the most fair and objective article I've seen on this issue in a long time. The reporter stuck with the facts, and at the end of the article presented a synopsis from both points of view. Good to see that quality journalism isn't dead. (It just no longer exists in major publications.)

    Personally - I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the "gun show loophole." I generally think that the government should not interfere in private sales of anything. However, there's a trend of so-called "private sellers" at shows who actually sell as many firearms as dealers do. And as this story shows, some criminals do know the laws and are taking advantage.

    I can see both sides. And I'm not sure where I stand.
    phil you say this article is fair and objective and factual? did you even look into the record of kyle? here is a link to prove the reporter didnt fact check, and he got in deep water over it. Montgomery County PRO V2 just type in the name of either person.

    also two other guys were there, selling in the aisles, selling stolen pistols. and id like to mention that the gun WAS purchased off of a federal dealer, he was an ohio resident though so he did have weapons on the side table that he was able to sell to other ohio residents as a private seller.

    please take the time to look before you judge my brother. even that site has it listed as heroin, then in the docket, its listed as pleas guilty to < 1 gram of cocaine (residues left in a baggie/straw) which ever it was.

    look him up on facebook if you like, youll see that hes a family man has a wife and kid and is doing right with his life, he was simply in the car with a gun, thats not a crime. not to mention he was burglarized while he was at home on fathers day, dayton is a very dangerous city to live in. please dont judge people before you know the whole story.

    this is a shot at taking ALL of you legal CCW peoples rights away, thats what Goonberg wants. before you side with him please try to see it from another side thanks.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Are you upset that Kyle and Shayvion Furlow were arrested for possession of weapons while under a legal disability?
    kyle was picked up for under disability from a conviction in aug 2003 and march 2004, for nothing more than residue. shayvion was picked up because hes robbed someone with a gun, hes been caught with loaded weapons, and he just got off probation in may for a gun charge.

    this hardly seems like a fair comparison. im sure some of you smoke or drink beer, do you consider your self disabled? i dont consider you disabled. kyle cant collect a disability check from the government, how does this make him disabled!? true he screwed up when he was young, but has been straight and narrow since then.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    No!! The fact the Bloomberg and others are always saying B-Guys use Gun Shows as a way to buy weapons without having to fillout proper paper-work. I agree that these dirt bags should be arrested.
    it will be you next after 'operation fast and furious' are you guys so lame to think that the 2nd amendment will actually let you CCW or even own anything more than a .22?

    what makes you call them dirtbags, do you know them personally? have you met them? do you know details of the so called 'case' against them? what about the other 14 people busted in the sting op? i have news for ya, theres a sting op coming to a property near you once the Gvmnt does away with the right to bare arms!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast