The Irony That Defines America

Thread: The Irony That Defines America

The Irony That Defines America

Keychains Touting Missouri Jobs Initiative Actually ‘Made in China’

Official Forced to Remove Made in China Sticker off Missouri Jobs Initiative Key Chains | TheBlaze.com

And we wonder why things are so screwed-up!
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Darn, the inmates are running the asylum again!!

5. Similar to going to the NRA store and finding that Most Stuff was made in china......guess who didn't get my support?
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Stupid is as Stupid does.
    Crime has no boundaries - Carry Safe!

The irony of it is both sublime AND perfect!

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Irony or not the dirty little secret is that most people are looking for bargins. They could careless were an item is made. If this wasn't true places like Wal-Mart would have a hard time making it. Business live and die by profit margins. If they can maintain a good profit margin and under sell the competition they will do it. If that means buying foreign, no problem.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

One of the little "down sides" of free trade. If a lower "price point" for equal quality products can be found.... guess where the sale goes? ....and guess what happens to overpriced American manufactures? (Workers.)

Competition is exactly that. If you set up competitors as equals.... best you be prepared for a run for your money!

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

10. My favorite was a politician who had a call center doing campaign calls telling voters about how this politician wouldn't ship jobs overseas. Of course, the call center was in Canada... (I guess it's not technically overseas.......)