Thank You From Michelle

Thread: Thank You From Michelle

Wink Thank You From Michelle

Another of my emails.

THANK YOU

AMERICA!

Dear American Taxpayer

For only the second time in my adult life, I am not ashamed of my country. I want to thank the hard working American people for paying $242 thousand dollars for my vacation in
    Spain.

My daughter Sasha, several long-time family friends, my personal staff and various guests had a wonderful time.

Honestly, you just haven't lived until you have stayed in a
    $2,500.00 per night private 3-story villa at a 5-Star luxury
    hotel.

Thank you also for the use of Air Force Two and the 70 Secret Service personnel who tagged along to be sure we
    we were safe and cared for at all times. By the way, if you
    happen to be visiting the Costa del Sol, I highly recommend the Buenaventura Plaza restaurant in Marbella; great lobster with rice and oysters! I'm ashamed to admit the lobsters we ate in Martha's Vineyard were not quite as tasty, but what can you do if you're not in Europe, you have to just grin and bear it?

Air Force Two (which costs $11,351 per hour to operate
    according to Government Accounting Office reports) only used 47,500 gallons of jet fuel for this trip and carbon emissions were a mere 1,031 tons of CO2. These are only rough estimates, but they are close. That's quite a carbon footprint as my good friend

Al Gore would say, so we must ask the American citizens to drive smaller, more fuel efficient cars and drive less too, so we can lessen our combined carbon footprint.

I know times are hard and millions of you are struggling to put food on the table and trying to make ends meet. So I do appreciate your sacrifices and do hope you find work soon.

I was really exhausted after Barack took our family on a luxury vacation in Maine a few weeks ago. I just had to get away for a few days.

Cordially,

Michelle (Moochelle)

Obama

P.S. Thank you as well for the $2 BILLION dollar trip to India from which we just returned!

P.S.S. Thank you, too, for that vacation trip to Martha's Vineyard; it was fabulous. And thanks for that second smaller jet that took our dog Bo to Martha's Vineyard so we and the children could have him with us while we were away from the White House for eleven days. After all, we couldn't take him on Air Force One because he might pee on some wires or something.

P.S.S.S. Oh, I almost forgot to say thanks also for our two-week trip to Hawaii at Christmas. That 7,000 square foot house was great!

Love ya!

Remember we all have to share the pain of these economic times equally! Love to -redistribute- share- the wealth.

Need to tally how much bushs vacations costs. Cat got your tongue or are you choking on reality?

Go ahead and compare, while we are at it someone please explain what experiance Obama has in finance, foreigh policy etc, I know he voted present in IL, and as a US Senator but hell I get up every morning and go to work, actually work, so other than the fact he is black start naming the experience other that sucking on the American T all his life.

I think we can all agree that we are upset that this is just one thing our tax dollars pays for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

I' m upset at the main stream media for not doing there job. If the last administration did half of what this knothead has done, he would have been gone long ago. Instead they are too busy catering to special interest or there political agendas.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by XD40FAN View Post
    Need to tally how much bushs vacations costs. Cat got your tongue or are you choking on reality?
    Nope. You are making the statement about Bush's costs. You back them up. While you are at it, remember Bush was there for eight years and I don't ever remember his wife taking these vacations. Oh well, that was Bush's wife, blame her for everything also.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Nope. You are making the statement about Bush's costs. You back them up.
    Interesting idea, if someone chooses not to point out details about what a past lawmaker did or didn't do, and I choose not to look them up, then it didn't happen.

I'm not saying I agree with the taxpayer funding any private trips or things, my vacations don't get funded by my employer, I'm just saying that anyone who thinks it's all one-sided is wrong. To get upset at one side for something they did when the other side does things similar in nature, is hypocritical.

Quote Originally Posted by ben_p View Post
    Interesting idea, if someone chooses not to point out details about what a past lawmaker did or didn't do, and I choose not to look them up, then it didn't happen.

I'm not saying I agree with the taxpayer funding any private trips or things, my vacations don't get funded by my employer, I'm just saying that anyone who thinks it's all one-sided is wrong. To get upset at one side for something they did when the other side does things similar in nature, is hypocritical.
    Ben: I am not trying to start a peeing contest but I have looked up a lot of the things that were in the email to me. Do you realize that Obama's wife has the largest personal staff of any of the First Ladies? At last count, she had 22 assistants being paid over $1.5 million per year. Her Chief of Staff makes $172,000 per year alone. On the trip she took to Europe she had a Secret Service Security Detail with her and using 20 cars to move around. She also took a number of other people with her on that trip in addition to the security detail.Try Googling or Bing and look up some of the information for yourself. I don't doubt that some of the First Ladies did similar things but not to the extent of this one. I don't think that is being hypocritical by singling her out. In case you haven't noticed, this country is in the worst shape it has ever been in. Everyone else has to tighten their belts but not that bunch. I personally resent seeing people out here scratching for a meager existence while all this money is being wasted by Her Highness. You also mentioned that your employer does not fund your vacation. Did you forget, she is not an employee of the government? She is not supposed to be drawing a salary nor have benefits like that. You also made the statement that if a lawmaker did something and it was pointed out to you and you chose not to look it up, then it didn't happen. Now that is a rational thought if I ever heard one! No wonder we are failing as a nation. Better wake up old son, while you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Nope. You are making the statement about Bush's costs. You back them up. While you are at it, remember Bush was there for eight years and I don't ever remember his wife taking these vacations. Oh well, that was Bush's wife, blame her for everything also.
    Not only that, but Mz Bush got by with a heck of a lot less staff. Then again, maybe Mz Obama needs the spares to use as a "brain trust", lord knows she can use the "help" in that instance.

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Everyone chill....is okay!!!!! We can just print more if she needs it * face palm *