Best case of pot calling the kettle black I've ever seen! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best case of pot calling the kettle black I've ever seen!

[QUOTE
    Drug use is one of many victimless crimes that should not be on the books, much like the victimless crime of owning and carrying a gun without going through the many hoops that various level of government require.[/QUOTE]

"Victimless"? I am going to try and be as calm as I can when replying here. There is nothing further from the truth. Drugs are related to more crime than mental health. Your chances of being killed by a serial killer are very slim. But your chances of being killed by a crackhead trying to get his next fix are pretty good. Just pick up the newspaper or watch the news. There is drug related crime every day. And don't think for a second that it is a problem in the urban areas of the big cities. There are addicts in just about everyplace you go now. And please don't get me started on how it affects the families. Not only of the victim, but of the drug addict as well. I don't mean to try and rip apart your views. But after growing up in a house with 2 drug addicted parents I have some pretty strong opinions on the subject.
    I don't believe there is victimless crime. If no victim, no crime.
    It is better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Derby View Post
    If the people in question are arrested in the US, they should have the citizens rights until a court rules they do not qualify. If they were arrested elsewhere, in all probability we had no right to make such an arrest as we had no authority in the other country.....
    Derby,
    Our police do not have authority to arrest someone in another country, but we are talking about our military. They do not arrest, they capture. I'd rather that our military not take prisoners; it saves resources of taking care of them.
    Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by Camerondavidl View Post
    Drug use is one of many victimless crimes that should not be on the books, much like the victimless crime of owning and carrying a gun without going through the many hoops that various level of government require.
    Tell that to th DEA and ATF agents killed by cartel members. Even the flunkies from project "fast and furious" know better.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Hmmm...before I get railroaded to another topic here -- I will reply to the OP first : -- I think 'bummer's statement to Perry is a threat. I believe he is now making sure that Perry will not be the "annointed one" of the Republicans because he knows Perry can beat him. Unless people walk their talk, we will just be back to the "normal" OB's regime. Too much talk, less actions: we're screwed.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

I have not been on for a few days but I see several comments against my views. I do not expect to change the views of those posters. None the less, I will give one small point for each of the two points most objected to.

First, the terrorist situation. Our military belongs on our own shores, not scattered across the world. Even if they want us there, why should we expend lives of our soldiers and spend our money providing for the defense of other countries? When we bring home our military, the terrorism against us will end. If I am wrong, at least we will be in a position to better defend OUR people and land with our DEFENSIVE military at home.

Second, the problem with drugs. Sure there is a lot of drug related crime. During prohibition there was a lot of booze related crime. As long as ANYTHING that is addictive is made illegal, there will be crime associated with it. Much, much more than would be if the products were not illegal.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123