OK House on guns on campus

Thread: OK House on guns on campus

OK House on guns on campus

What, are we seeing more common sense by law makers?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,337818,00.html
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

It is a step in the right direction. Still a lot of hoops to jump through to be able to actually carry on campus. Can the average Joe/Jane civilian with a permit get the training they specified? Or is it only military training that will qualify? And then to have to notify the college that you intend to carry is ridiculous, but the bill in general is definitely making some progress over nothing at all.

Hot dang! That's the best news I've heard all day. And I don't even live in OK. Congratulations, Oklahoma students.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

Now if they can get it signed into law then that will be a good start for the rest of us!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

seeing so much stuff about gun laws going one way.. then going the other way.. it would be nice if the law makers would just follow the constitution.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

well, i, for one...

don't trust them..

8. Thumbs up Its a start

It would be nice if they would just follow the Constitution. The 2A tells it all. I work in education every day and most educators live in an ivory tower and feel the world is warm and fuzz place. So for the most part I feel even thou it has it flaws it is a step in are favor.
    Last edited by KimberRB; 03-30-2008 at 08:57 PM.

Angry yeah, it would be nice.....

if they followed the constitution. but most americans have NEVER read the constitution or the declaration of independance in their entirety. if they did, they would probably be really ticked off and would demand that the country be run properly. but we are more concerned with the results of american idol, the next top model, what couch tom cruise is jumping on and pamela anderson's boob size. in the meanwhile, politicians are taking a dump on the constitution and the republic for which it stands and nobody can see what is happening. i am really just so sick of it all........

Quote Originally Posted by boris View Post
    if they followed the constitution. but most americans have NEVER read the constitution or the declaration of independance in their entirety. if they did, they would probably be really ticked off and would demand that the country be run properly. but we are more concerned with the results of american idol, the next top model, what couch tom cruise is jumping on and pamela anderson's boob size. in the meanwhile, politicians are taking a dump on the constitution and the republic for which it stands and nobody can see what is happening. i am really just so sick of it all........
    sadly... you are right.. most people could care less.. because britney shaving her head and paris hilton just being the poor roll model she is... well that's just more important... pisses me off too!!!
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!