What Color are You? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Color are You?

Quote Originally Posted by BeauRyker View Post
    Was just something to do while I waited on my Ramen noodles to cook.
    Good thing you got to it before the sheepdogs ate it all.

Was just something to do while I waited on my Ramen noodles to cook.
    Awww! It's OK! I'm hoping they find me a candidate, cuz so far I'm feeling quite concerned....

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Good thing you got to it before the sheepdogs ate it all.
    Not really sure what that means, but....................nice weather today, huh?
    "When war does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard."
    Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Not really sure what that means, but....................nice weather today, huh?
    It seems like anytime someone leaves food around here, the sheepdogs end up eating all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    It seems like anytime someone leaves food around here, the sheepdogs end up eating all of it.
    Well, I too have 3 pups that I have to fight for every bite. I go to the grocery store and spend $100 on food.....$75 of it is for the pups. Can't just buy one steak for me. Gotta buy 4. I don't eat much steak.
    "When war does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard."
    Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Great for those who like to be analyzed, compartmentalized, and categorized...

What difference does it make? Who really cares? Why does it really matter at all?

I'm American and I'll be whatever damn color I chose to be... Above all, I'll be Red, White, and Blue...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

8. The idea is that they will show you which candidates are the closest match for you in lots of areas. A lot simpler than having to rely on sound bites.

Meaning you are willing to be categorized according to the "will of the survey". I may be mistaken, but the average human SHOULD be a tad bit more complex than to be "depicted" in a simplistic "pie chart".

Bottom line for me? The Government collects my taxes to fund Government Operations, which (as far as I am concerned) are nicely outlined in the Constitution. (Probably why it passed and was ratified in the first place. DOH!) As for the rest, the States (or the People) can take care of according to local desires, needs and wishes.

Other than that, with the stipulation that I act and have the responsibility of a solid and law abiding citizen, I don't want the Government in my life at all. THAT'S my idea of "freedom".

As for providing the "American Dream"...... that's MY job to pursue and attain. Not the Nanny Government's.

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Holy Schnikeys...can I take this post down and pretend I never started it?

11. No, leave it. To me, that's a big problem with this country, people who WANT to actually discuss things, and be "moderate", are just shouted down by the extremes.

I sincerely doubt that a true majority of the population is "conservative" or "liberal" (note; I mean that a total of 50%+1 consider themselves on EITHER extreme.) The vast majority of the country is either moderate, or just doesn't care about politics. But because the extremists (on both sides) are the ones who speak up, and run for office, and are the voting 'base' of both parties, that's what we end up with in the public sphere. We end up with extremism on both sides.

Non-extremists shouldn't stay quiet. Otherwise, we let the extremists not just dictate what happens, but also continue to cause giant arguments over relatively little. (Do you honestly believe that most Americans give a rats' ass about private vs. public healthcare? Or do you think they want "healthcare" to be readily accessible and affordable, and don't care how that happens... But, talking heads spout off vehement opinions one way or another, demonizing the opposition. "If the government gets involved, it's communism, and communism is EVIL!" "Corporations are evil profit-driven monsters! Letting corporations do whatever they want with healathcare is why we suck!" Neither is the truth, both are misleading, and most Americans don't care that much.)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast