What Color are You?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Color are You?

What Color are You?

pink purple orange brown
    "When war does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard."
    Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

4. Interesting idea... And based on the phone number, apparently based in my neck of the woods (Oregon - outside Portland.)

I will say, if any of the current crop of Republican nominees gets the nomination, I will almost certainly be voting for Obama - but a GOOD non-D/R candidate could quite easily take my vote away from Obama. (Yes, I was caught up in the whole "Hope" thing. If the D had been anyone but Obama, and McCain hadn't picked Palin, I almost guaranteed would have voted for McCain. And while I didn't vote for Bush, I did have high hopes that he would hold to his bipartisan pledges. Too bad Congress ruins all presidents' pledges...)

Alright, I bit.

HAHAA! In the first two "rounds" of questions, I have been in the majority (plurality, whatever) for every question I answered... Except... The death penalty! Apparently I'm too harsh. :-P And continuing, I noticed a very heavy liberal bias in the answers from other people, but was pleasantly surprised to see that 59% agree that "Any law-abiding citizen should be allowed to have a handgun" (and a further 4% "There should be no restrictions on handgun ownership"... Heh, apparently 4% of the respondents are criminals.)

And... The further I go, the more I disagree with the majority..... And I'm purple-blue-pink.

Red, White and Blue, All American and don't need no stinkin survey.

6. Um... The survey isn't really about "color", it's about..... Oh, nevermind, you're not going to click it anyway.

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    What color am I? Who flipp'n cares what color I am or what color I feel like or what color I portray or what color my parachute is?
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

I'm a Red-Blooded American Patriot who spent 25 yrs of my 70yrs in uniform serving my country, I'm also a Social Conservative, and a dedicated Republican. I looked at the rediculous survey and all they want is a handout... screw them!!!
    MSgt, USAF (ret), Life Member - NRA, Life Member - NAHC,
    Life Member - NCOA, Member - USCCA, Member - NCGR,
    Member - Oathkeepers

Really? They didn't ask me for money. I liked the idea that they would match you with candidates based on your views. And since you answer a lot of questions, it's more specific than yes/no on five or six basic principles. It does seem to be a little liberal in areas, and some of the questions don't really have simple answers. For example, there was one where you could choose from a spectrum, from "The US should engage in conversation with other countries when deciding foreign policy," down to "The US should act in its own interests when deciding foreign policy." Well, yes to both, I think. Nothing wrong with conversation.

They are promising that this delegation of individuals who are involved in this project (I think it's already over a million) will see their candidates on the ballot. It's still a beta version, so the conversation and candidate selection apps will be added this fall. It's just a tool, so, like any other tool, use it if you like it, leave it on the shelf if you don't.

Plaid!

Was just something to do while I waited on my Ramen noodles to cook.
    "When war does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard."
    Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast