American Humor - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 82

Thread: American Humor

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    St. Louis County, MO
    Posts
    3,445
    Quote Originally Posted by BeauRyker View Post
    We won't expect you to join in.....but don't expect us to not pray.
    Well said.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

  2.   
  3. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    993
    As long as it's not an organized prayer while doing the business of government, like the Forsyth County, NC County Counsel meeting, I don't care where or when you pray.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

  4. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by CathyInBlue View Post
    As long as it's not an organized prayer while doing the business of government, like the Forsyth County, NC County Counsel meeting, I don't care where or when you pray.
    Oh........you're one of those.
    "When war does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard."
    Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

  5. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    993
    One of those people who don't care where her fellow citizens have one-sided conversations with their imaginary sky daddy?
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

  6. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by CathyInBlue View Post
    One of those people who don't care where her fellow citizens have one-sided conversations with their imaginary sky daddy?

    Sorry, but you're kinda disgusting.
    "When war does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard."
    Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

  7. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    993
    Because I don't believe in imaginary magical sky daddy?
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

  8. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by CathyInBlue View Post
    Because I don't believe in imaginary magical sky daddy?
    No, because you just come off as an elitist prick. You're no better than anybody else in here, so hop off your throne and try to act civilized.
    "When war does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard."
    Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

  9. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Battle Creek Michigan
    Posts
    1,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hurtley View Post
    Wouldn't a "True American" speak Cherokee, Inuit, Navajo, Apache, or similar?

    Wouldn't a "True American" either worship animals, "the forces of nature", or their ancestors?

    Why is it that what you changed from "redneck" always seem to assume that descended-from-British are the only valid Americans?

    In many parts of the country, German was the primary language until World War 2.

    I don't say you're not a "true American" because you don't believe what I believe. I thought that the point of America was FREEDOM of beliefs. If you life here, regardless of your beliefs, if you consider yourself a "True American", you are.


    Edit: I do agree the national anthem should be sung in English, though. Since it was written in English. I've never heard of anyone trying to insist people sing it in any other language...
    A true American could speak one of more than 200 American Indian languages. As of 1998 there are 554 recognized American Indian Tribes.
    Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia...Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

  10. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma, for now
    Posts
    364
    Sorry, Educ8r, that was not my intent, but I understand your point. I meant my general willingness to respect and defend people who believe differently from me makes me a "True American, whatever that is. :)

  11. #30
    You know, I started this thread by sending in a copy of an email I received and thought was humorous and everybody might get a kick out of. It has evolved into a discussion about who is or is not a patriot and true American, atheism, religion and views about prayer. I am a Christian and I pray. Oh, how I pray...daily but not to a magical sky-daddy. My God is real. I believe in a triune God and if others don't, so be it. Cathy, if you truly don't believe in God, I feel sorry for you. The day will come when you will absolutely believe. There will be no doubt in your mind but you may find that you missed the bus. I hope, for your sake, something or someone can help you find your way to the Lord. To all of you others on here, I most humbly apologize for the uproar an attempt at levity has caused. I still maintain my beliefs in all that I have said on here and will not apologize for them. I am not a tree-hugger, voodoo practitioner or any other deviant religion/belief. I was born a true American and will die a true American. If that causes any heartburn, Alka Seltzer can be bought in any grocery or drug store!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast