American Humor - Page 7
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: American Humor

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    But the ten commandments (there are many more than ten) is the basis of how you live your own life. It's the basis of everything you instill in your children... aetheist or believer. We all do it. Most atheists don't read the bible. If you haven't you should take a look at the old testament. It's simply a guide to living. It's an accounting book, a medical book, a law book, a book that teaches morals and ethics. And most imprtantly, America is founded in freedom of religion... the main reasons Piuritans left England. And it follows scientific theories on the birth of the universe in much detail, yet it was written many centuries before science knew of such things.
    Morality was around way before the Bible. As far back as written history goes there has been morals, look up Sumerians. Can you quote me some of the more detailed things in the Bible that follow science?

Many people are atheists because they don't see proof of any God. That doesn't make them bad. But let me ask you this... do you love your kids? Your parents? Your Dog? -- PROVE IT! -- You can prove you took care of them, protected them, educated them made them feel safe, gave them a future? But science can never prove you loved them. Science can't prove everything that exists in all of us. However, physicists like Steven Hawking belive that science may be on the verge of discovering God exists. I for one don't believe I'm here by accident.
    All the atheists I know don't believe in God(s) because there is no reason to. Science does a very good job of explaining things without the need of God(s). Most of which is contrary to the bible. You clearly know nothing of Stephen Hawking's work.

The government has not established Christianity as the country's religion. Hell we can't even stop a Mosque from being built next to ground zero and that's a big problem. Regarding the government buildings I don't care if these symbols are removed if it will shut the mouths of non-believers. But atheists go way too far. A cross where a loved one died in a car accident has to be removed? A prayer before a race can't be held? "Under God" must be removed from pledge of allegiance? Code Pink protesting that God hates fags and soldiers... right at their funerals? The looney left has escaped again and is trying to impose this on everyone. If they protested at my dead son's funeral they wouldn't leave upright... whatever the cost to me!

If you're an atheist fine. But don't you dare celebrate Christmas. Do not accept one gift. Do not take Christmas day off... get to work. Do not take part in the company party, secret santa or take one bite of a holiday cookie. Keep your kids off santa's lap at the mall. And do not purchase any item on a holiday sale. Live YOUR life, not ours.
    Do you know the pagan roots of Christmas, or the similarities of Jesus and other gods before he ever "existed" .

BTW, new gallup poll released today says 78% of Americans believe that God created humans in their present form or humans evolved with God's guidance. Let's put the issue to a vote and settle it once and for all.
    75% of people in prison are Christian, only 1% atheist.

The great thing about science is that even if you don't believe it, it's still true..
    For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan .When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours - Stephen Roberts

How sad that someone posts an innocent and funny post and it gets hijacked by insecure people who have completely changed the point of the original post. Who wants to bet that was their intention? Otherwise they would start a whole new thread.

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Another good email.

It is time to change from Redneck humor to True American Humor!!

Only it isn't seen as HUMOR, but the correct way to LIVE YOUR LIFE!!

If you feel the same, pass this on to your True American friends.

Y'all know who they are...

You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if:

It never occurred to you to be offended by the phrase, 'One nation, under GOD.'

You've never protested about seeing the 10 Commandments posted in public places.

You still say 'Christmas' instead of 'Winter Festival.'

You bow your head when someone prays.

You stand and place your hand over your heart when they play the National Anthem.

You treat Viet Nam vets with great respect, and always have.

You've never burned an American flag.

You know what you believe and you aren't afraid to say so, no matter who is listening.

You respect your elders and expect your kids to do the same.

If you got this email from me, it is because I believe that you, like me, have just enough TRUE AMERICAN in you to have the same beliefs as those talked about in this email.

GOD Bless the U S A ! Amen

AND YOU ARE A TRUE AMERICAN, IF YOU THINK THE NATIONAL ANTHEM SHOULD ONLY BE SUNG:

IN ENGLISH!!
    There, thread back on track with my blessings to the original poster. May those who find reading this post offensive stub thier toe, spill a hot drink in thier crotch and have a bug fly up the nose.
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    How sad that someone posts an innocent and funny post and it gets hijacked by insecure people who have completely changed the point of the original post. Who wants to bet that was their intention? Otherwise they would start a whole new thread.
    Now, don't insult our intellectual behemoths. It just wells up in 'em till they can't hold it in any more. They have to spew somewhere.
    "When war does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard."
    Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by sFe View Post
    Morality was around way before the Bible. As far back as written history goes there has been morals, look up Sumerians. Can you quote me some of the more detailed things in the Bible that follow science?

All the atheists I know don't believe in God(s) because there is no reason to. Science does a very good job of explaining things without the need of God(s). Most of which is contrary to the bible. You clearly know nothing of Stephen Hawking's work.
    Has anyone ever thought perhaps both science and religion are correct; that they both say the same thing?

Regarding Hawking, I've read nearly everything he's written. Although my education is a Masters in Computer Science, my minor was in mathematics. I taught it at the college level (state university) in the early eighties. Physics is an absolutely beautiful language. I believe God to be a mathematician... So what happened before the big bang, at a point of singularity where the laws of physics break down; where all known mathematics break down; where all science breaks down. Quantum mechanics may try to explain in some theories but it is generally agreed by scientists that we don't know. When we have that answer we will possibly know the mind of God. That is what Hawking believes. Yes, he has stated that heaven is a fairy tale. But consider his statements in "A Brief History of Time"

Hubble's observations suggested that there was a time, called the big bang, when the universe was infinitesimally small and infinitely dense. Under such conditions all the laws of science, and therefore all ability to predict the future, would break down. One may say that time had a beginning at the big bang, in the sense that earlier times simply would not be defined. It should be emphasized that this beginning in time is very different from those that had been considered previously. In an unchanging universe a beginning in time is something that has to be imposed by some being outside the universe; there is no physical necessity for a beginning. One can imagine that God created the universe at literally any time in the past. On the other hand, if the universe is expanding, there may be physical reasons why there had to be a beginning. One could imagine that God created the universe at the instant of the big bang, or even afterwards in just such a way as to make it look as though there had been a big bang, but it would be meaningless to suppose that it was created before the big bang. An expanding universe does not preclude a creator, but it does place limits on when he might have carried out his job.

The idea that space and time may form a closed surface without boundary also has profound implications for the role of God in the affairs of the universe. With the success of scientific theories in describing events, most people have come to believe that God allows the universe to evolve according to a set of laws and does not intervene in the universe to break these laws. However, the laws do not tell us what the universe should have looked like when it started -- it would still be up to God to wind up the clockwork and choose how to start it off. So long as the universe had a beginning, we could suppose it had a creator.

Yeah baby. Love this stuff. But we should stop hijacking the thread.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Has anyone ever thought perhaps both science and religion are correct; that they both say the same thing?

Yeah baby. Love this stuff. But we should stop hijacking the thread.

If religion is true, which one? Anyone you ask that will say the one they were raised with.

Here is Hawking on the show Curiosity earlier this month. Where he does have an explanation for the big bang. The whole episode is on there if you want to watch it, but i just linked the very end where he sums it up.

Curiosity S1E1 - With Stephen Hawking [ Did God Create the Universe ] 1080p 3/3 - YouTube

The redneck joke is a re-post anyway.
    For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan .When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours - Stephen Roberts

Hey sFe, you forgot two other notable religious figures, Flash (Ah-ah) Gordon and Anakin Skywalker. The first was resurected and saved the universe. The second was a result of a virgin birth.

I have a headache.

Quote Originally Posted by sFe View Post
    If religion is true, which one? Anyone you ask that will say the one they were raised with.

Here is Hawking on the show Curiosity earlier this month. Where he does have an explanation for the big bang. The whole episode is on there if you want to watch it, but i just linked the very end where he sums it up.

Curiosity S1E1 - With Stephen Hawking [ Did God Create the Universe ] 1080p 3/3 - YouTube

The redneck joke is a re-post anyway.
    I believe that in mankind's infinite ignorance we've squalbled over which God is the true one. Perhaps all religions are correct in that they are really worshipping the same thing. Maybe that same thing is really just nature, photonic energy or even entropy. Some just call it a higher power. In the end, something is responsible for our existence. Whatever that may turn out to be is mankind's God, be it an entity, science, nature or a higher power.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

we've squalbled over which God is the true one.
    Jeff Cooper!
    "When war does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard."
    Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast