American Humor - Page 8
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: American Humor

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    I believe that in mankind's infinite ignorance we've squalbled over which God is the true one. Perhaps all religions are correct in that they are really worshipping the same thing. Maybe that same thing is really just nature, photonic energy or even entropy. Some just call it a higher power. In the end, something is responsible for our existence. Whatever that may turn out to be is mankind's God, be it an entity, science, nature or a higher power.
    And then there's Occam's Razor. "All else being equal" (which appears to be what you're arguing with your equivalency of all religions), "the explanation with the fewest prerequisites is most probably the correct one." Religion/god is always an additional prerequisite for any religious equivalency argument, hence, probably wrong. If it's natural entropy vs natural entropy... because god wants it that way... Straight up natural entropy with no god wins.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    NO, Jennifer Anniston
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Damn, I'm not intelligent enough to come in here.
    "When war does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard."
    Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by BeauRyker View Post
    Damn, I'm not intelligent enough to come in here.
    No Beau, too intelligent to stay. This has gotten way out of hand!

6. Quote Originally Posted by dcselby1 View Post
    A true American could speak one of more than 200 American Indian languages. As of 1998 there are 554 recognized American Indian Tribes.
    The Indians were killing each other off way long before the White man came over.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

[QUOTE=wooddoctor:224416]
    Quote Originally Posted by dcselby1 View Post
    The Indians were killing each other off way long before the White man came over.
    So?

"The White man" was doing a fine job of killing each other long before he came over too. What's your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    No Beau, too intelligent to stay. This has gotten way out of hand!
    Let's go over to that "open carry is a bad idea" forum and see if NavyLCDR has shown up yet. They were going to make some popcorn.

Quote Originally Posted by sFe View Post
    If religion is true, which one? Anyone you ask that will say the one they were raised with.
    There is only one truth, and everything subject to that truth is equally true. The exciting part is that one second after death we will all know what that one truth is, and be subject to it's truth...forever.
    The scariest words in all existence
    "Depart From Me, I Never Knew You"
    - Matthew 7:23 -

10. Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hurtley View Post
    Wouldn't a "True American" speak Cherokee, Inuit, Navajo, Apache, or similar?

Wouldn't a "True American" either worship animals, "the forces of nature", or their ancestors?

Why is it that what you changed from "redneck" always seem to assume that descended-from-British are the only valid Americans?

In many parts of the country, German was the primary language until World War 2.

I don't say you're not a "true American" because you don't believe what I believe. I thought that the point of America was FREEDOM of beliefs. If you life here, regardless of your beliefs, if you consider yourself a "True American", you are.

Edit: I do agree the national anthem should be sung in English, though. Since it was written in English. I've never heard of anyone trying to insist people sing it in any other language...
    So instead we just Worship The Democrats.

Just so happens the Indians were not smart enough to become civilized….sorry to mess up your utopia.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    Let's go over to that "open carry is a bad idea" forum and see if NavyLCDR has shown up yet. They were going to make some popcorn.
    The sheepdogs ate all of the popcorn.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast