American Humor
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: American Humor

Thumbs up American Humor

Another good email.

It is time to change from Redneck humor to True American Humor!!

Only it isn't seen as HUMOR, but the correct way to LIVE YOUR LIFE!!

If you feel the same, pass this on to your True American friends.

Y'all know who they are...

You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if:

It never occurred to you to be offended by the phrase, 'One nation, under GOD.'

You've never protested about seeing the 10 Commandments posted in public places.

You still say 'Christmas' instead of 'Winter Festival.'

You bow your head when someone prays.

You stand and place your hand over your heart when they play the National Anthem.

You treat Viet Nam vets with great respect, and always have.

You've never burned an American flag.

You know what you believe and you aren't afraid to say so, no matter who is listening.

You respect your elders and expect your kids to do the same.

If you got this email from me, it is because I believe that you, like me, have just enough TRUE AMERICAN in you to have the same beliefs as those talked about in this email.

GOD Bless the U S A ! Amen

AND YOU ARE A TRUE AMERICAN, IF YOU THINK THE NATIONAL ANTHEM SHOULD ONLY BE SUNG:

IN ENGLISH!!

3. Wouldn't a "True American" speak Cherokee, Inuit, Navajo, Apache, or similar?

Wouldn't a "True American" either worship animals, "the forces of nature", or their ancestors?

Why is it that what you changed from "redneck" always seem to assume that descended-from-British are the only valid Americans?

In many parts of the country, German was the primary language until World War 2.

I don't say you're not a "true American" because you don't believe what I believe. I thought that the point of America was FREEDOM of beliefs. If you life here, regardless of your beliefs, if you consider yourself a "True American", you are.

Edit: I do agree the national anthem should be sung in English, though. Since it was written in English. I've never heard of anyone trying to insist people sing it in any other language...

"Wouldn't a "True American" speak Cherokee, Inuit, Navajo, Apache, or similar?"
    Actually, no, there was 2 huge tribes that inhabited what we call the "USA" now. None of the languages where developed until later on. The two tribes came over from some part of Asia and were imigrants themselves.

"Wouldn't a "True American" either worship animals, "the forces of nature", or their ancestors?"
    "America" the country was founded on Christian morals, Laws, and Beliefs. Anything before that was Native, not "American"

"Why is it that what you changed from "redneck" always seem to assume that descended-from-British are the only valid Americans?"
    We never said that. We are simply stating the fact that "Anglo-American" customs where what originally formed the country along with some imput from the French and Spanish.

"In many parts of the country, German was the primary language until World War 2."
    You are right here. It was a close second to english to become our national language. However, the turkey was also considered as one of the choices to be the national bird... Now that would have struck fear into the hearts of millions....

As Americans we are supposed to be tolerant, and to an extent we are. On the other hand, when you mess with the foundation of what our forefathers set forth, well, thats UN-American.
    "The beauty of the 2nd amendment is that it is not needed until they try to take it" -Thomas Jefferson

I find that most who have to rant about being True Americans are not.

Quote Originally Posted by the dark View Post
    I find that most who have to rant about being True Americans are not.
    That's pretty profound! What else did you find on your little scavenger hunt?
    "When war does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard."
    Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hurtley View Post
    Wouldn't a "True American" speak Cherokee, Inuit, Navajo, Apache, or similar?

Wouldn't a "True American" either worship animals, "the forces of nature", or their ancestors?

Why is it that what you changed from "redneck" always seem to assume that descended-from-British are the only valid Americans?

In many parts of the country, German was the primary language until World War 2.

I don't say you're not a "true American" because you don't believe what I believe. I thought that the point of America was FREEDOM of beliefs. If you life here, regardless of your beliefs, if you consider yourself a "True American", you are.

Edit: I do agree the national anthem should be sung in English, though. Since it was written in English. I've never heard of anyone trying to insist people sing it in any other language...
    Gee Ed, you seem to have your panties in a wad. You seem to take offense at the term "American". First, let me ask you, are you an American? I am and damn proud of it. In answer to your questions, no, a true American would not necessarily speak the languages you mention, however, they could, depending on their ancestory and where and how they were raised. An American would not necessarily worship as you mention. We have freedom to worship as we please. As for your beliefs, I fully endorse them for you. I don't ask you to embrace mine nor will I embrace yours. If you want to worship a log, a wolf or a bonfire have at it. Obviously, you are not familiar with the term "redneck" as used in the South or on the whole east coast for that matter. It has nothing to do with British ancestry. I am an American. Not of any hyphenated system which seems to be so popular today. I was born here and am an American. From your reaction to this post, it would seem you have an axe to grind but that is your problem. Paul, in the post following yours seemed to understand the gist of the original post and gave a better response than mine but I just couldn't let it go without some response. You have a good day now and I hope you get over your little snit soon.

What does bowing your head during prayer have to do with one's patriotism or nationality?

This land was discovered and settled by people intent on finding religious freedom, and not being required to pray on a particular way. Does my raising my hands during prayer bother you? That's how I pray sometimes, even if other people have their heads bowed. There's no wrong way to pray, and respecting that is what being a True American is about.

Old Grunt thank you for your thread, and I did get a chuckle or two from it. Apparently a lot of people on this forum even have to analyze humor in order to get it. I know what you were trying to accomplish; I just hope Jeff Foxworthy does too!!!
    MSgt, USAF (ret), Life Member - NRA, Life Member - NAHC,
    Life Member - NCOA, Member - USCCA, Member - NCGR,
    Member - Oathkeepers

Quote Originally Posted by cmhbob View Post
    What does bowing your head during prayer have to do with one's patriotism or nationality?

This land was discovered and settled by people intent on finding religious freedom, and not being required to pray on a particular way. Does my raising my hands during prayer bother you? That's how I pray sometimes, even if other people have their heads bowed. There's no wrong way to pray, and respecting that is what being a True American is about.
    Bob, Maybe you're taking that e-mail too literally. Of course there's no wrong way to pray. That should go without saying. A person doesn't even have to pray to be a good American. I personally know many who rarely, if ever, pray.....and some who choose not to believe at all. They include some of the best people and citizens of this country that I have known. It's a personal thing, and to each his own.

I'm pretty sure that is what freedom and liberty is all about. But, I could be wrong. These days it's kinda hard to tell what's what.
    "When war does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard."
    Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by cmhbob View Post

Bob, you need to lighten up and get a sense of humor. I don't know why you are so sensitive to prayer. I'm not. Apparently you haven't noticed that it is a generally accepted act in our society to bow one's head during prayer. It is not mandatory but is generally a respect given to our God. If you don't care to, then by all means, don't. I was taught to do so at a very young age and continue to do so many years later. It is not necessarily an American thing to do and does not indicate patriotism but most people do so out of respect and humbling themselves before their God. Old son, you need a course in Humor 101!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast