Montana hotel, apartment law

Thread: Montana hotel, apartment law

1. Montana hotel, apartment law

I looked up a law that was signed in 2009 saying a hotel or apartment landlord can't restrict the position or keeping of firearms.
    My employer however says that weapons are not allowed on company property and that since they pay for the hotel room its their property. Is this legal?!

some rules are worded wierd, and pvt property the owner can make their rules, but to me it sounds like u as the worker cant carry, but if i am renting a room from you i can.. am i right on this? if so yes its legal, but depending on the state your in, it might not be?.?.?

im sure u will get a better answer from other people.

Quote Originally Posted by aj's 40 cal View Post
    ... but to me it sounds like u as the worker cant carry, but if i am renting a room from you i can.. am i right on this? ...
    I think the OP was referring to staying in a room that was paid for by his employer, such as you would on a business trip. If this is the case, then it is LEGAL for your company to restrict you, as you are representing the company, on company business, at company expense. Please note, this does not make carrying illegal, but probably does violate your company policy and, as a condition of employment, would put your job at risk.
    "You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." (Lieutenant General Lewis B. Puller, USMC, 1962.)
    Land Of The Free... Void Where Prohibited By Law.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinAJ View Post
    I looked up a law that was signed in 2009 saying a hotel or apartment landlord can't restrict the position or keeping of firearms.
    My employer however says that weapons are not allowed on company property and that since they pay for the hotel room its their property. Is this legal?!
    Your employer is paying for the hotel room, that does not make it his property, it just gives you the right to stay there. Only the owner of the hotel would have the right to restrict fire arms on his property if he was so inclined to do so. Your employer is totally wrong and has no right to tell you that you can`t have a fire arm in your hotel room.

6. That's what I was thinking, Ghost Rider.
    Montana law says businesses can restrict firearms on their property except for hotels/landlords...
    I wrote SAF and hope they can tell me for sure.