This is about our First Lady - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: This is about our First Lady

Quote Originally Posted by James714 View Post
    Huh
    James: This is the most intelligent statement you have made...(Huh?). If you can read, you would have noticed that this is a political forum, open for basically any number of discussions. You have a serious deficit in your language skills so, just maybe, you should stay on the porch rather than try to run with the more literate dogs. ARF! WOOF! SIT! Good boy!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    James: This is the most intelligent statement you have made...(Huh?). If you can read, you would have noticed that this is a political forum, open for basically any number of discussions. You have a serious deficit in your language skills so, just maybe, you should stay on the porch rather than try to run with the more literate dogs. ARF! WOOF! SIT! Good boy!
    This is about our First Lady-biglaugh.gif

"...black alumni identify with our common American culture more than they value the color of their skin."

GOOD!

That is how it should be. Anything else is to fragment America into factions and eliminate the American nation as a meaningful label for something that would effectively be a non-entity. This is Michelle Vaughn Robinson celebrating the salad bowl in lieu of the melting pot. Better everyone retain their culture entire from the places they came from rather than embracing the common culture of the place they have struggled so hard to come to. Better to be a hyphenated American than a full American, participating in the body politic. Better to be a political outsider and bomb-thrower attempting to tear down the legal infrastructure that has served America more to the good than to the ill over its life to date.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyInBlue View Post
    "...black alumni identify with our common American culture more than they value the color of their skin."

GOOD!

That is how it should be. Anything else is to fragment America into factions and eliminate the American nation as a meaningful label for something that would effectively be a non-entity. This is Michelle Vaughn Robinson celebrating the salad bowl in lieu of the melting pot. Better everyone retain their culture entire from the places they came from rather than embracing the common culture of the place they have struggled so hard to come to. Better to be a hyphenated American than a full American, participating in the body politic. Better to be a political outsider and bomb-thrower attempting to tear down the legal infrastructure that has served America more to the good than to the ill over its life to date.
    "Better everyone retain their culture entire from the places they came from rather than embracing the common culture of the place they have struggled so hard to come to. Better to be a hyphenated American than a full American, participating in the body politic." Just for curosity's sake, where did she come from? Africa? Hell no, she is from the US just like most of us. If she wants to be African, planes go there every day. She was born an American, whether she likes it or not. Every other race of people who came to America have striven to become American in the full sense of the word and be productive members of society. She seems to want to be outside of our society yet dominate it from her twisted view. Sorry, doesn't work that way. Unfortunately, racism is rampant today but, from my view, it is being fanned by black rabble rousers moreso than whites. Give us a break! And to be a "political outsider and bomb thrower attempting to tear down the legal infrastructure", what is that supposed to mean? Time for somebody to get off the soapbox!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptHerp View Post
    Here's the deal: Obama shouldn't have been able to win the last time, even with 98% of black voters voting for him. Why did he win? I blame two groups: 1. Conservatives who kicked their feet and yelled and stayed home because McCain wasn't the candidate they wanted, and 2. Those who voted for Ron Paul as an independent, which diluted the vote and gave us -- Obama.

If you don't vote, or if you vote for some independent in the general election again, guess who you will get again? It's time to wise up, while there is still an America to save. Ron Paul voters -- vote for the guy in the primaries, but for Pete's sake when he loses, do NOT vote for him as a write-in or an independent in the General Election. PLEASE.

Well, I am going to have to disagree on this point. I am so darn sick and tired of voting for the lessor of two evils. I decided that it is FAR better to vote my conscience than to hold my nose and vote for a man or woman in whom I do not believe. For example, I WILL NOT be voting for Mitt Romney under any circumstances. Obama or Obama-lite (Romney)? What kind of choice is that? I would by far rather see a significant surge in a third party movement that will allow true conservative/libertarian to gain some traction than to allow the rinos to falsely represent conservatism to the population at large.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Boomboy007 View Post
    Well, I am going to have to disagree on this point. I am so darn sick and tired of voting for the lessor of two evils. I decided that it is FAR better to vote my conscience than to hold my nose and vote for a man or woman in whom I do not believe. For example, I WILL NOT be voting for Mitt Romney under any circumstances. Obama or Obama-lite (Romney)? What kind of choice is that? I would by far rather see a significant surge in a third party movement that will allow true conservative/libertarian to gain some traction than to allow the rinos to falsely represent conservatism to the population at large.
    As those of us have learned from our mistakes, voting for a third party will GUARANTEE THAT OBAMA WILL BE REELECTED.
    Charlie

If the third party is conservative, it will help Obama. If the third party is liberal, it will hurt Obama. I am tired of holding my nose and voting also. I hope the republicans can produce a good conservative candidate.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    If the third party is conservative, it will help Obama. If the third party is liberal, it will hurt Obama. I am tired of holding my nose and voting also. I hope the republicans can produce a good conservative candidate.
    I'm tired of holding my nose while voting, too, but I'd much rather hold my nose while voting than hold my nose for four more years.
    Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post

I conclude from it that the Right is once again trying to make the Obamas look bad...
    It would seem to me that the Obamas are doing a good job all by themselves. Way to justify voting for that clown.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomboy007 View Post
    So, when you vote for someone that takes votes away from the GOP candidate I guess we'll have you to thank for four more years of Obama, if the country can survive that and have any resemblance of what was once called America. Ah, but at least you "voted your conscience." Thanks for the last four years, too, by the way.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast