second bill of rights - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: second bill of rights

The income tax system is the worse thing in America. It should be a flat sales tax. Everybody spends, everybody pays. Tennessee, no income tax and funny enough they are doing just fine because EVERYBODY pays. You want to drive a Cadillac, no problem. Pay the man. You can afford to eat steak, you pay steak taxes. Hamburger, hamburger tax. The more you make the more you get to keep. Enough of the loop holes and other BS.

Psalm 82:3-5

Quote Originally Posted by Cotillion View Post
    I think too many people put themselves in the rich column like our friend above me here. I highly doubt your that top 400 I was referring too :/
    I suppose since I was the one posting immediately before your post, you're talking about me. I've never claimed to be rich. Heck the way BO and his ilk are devaluing the dollar and destroying the economy, I may soon be among the poor. I haven't paid income tax in a couple of years. On the other hand, I'm not poor. I own two homes, one in Kalifornia, one in Idaho. I'm retired (at least mostly).

I always wonder at people who are so quick to want to take someone else's money disproportionately.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

Quote Originally Posted by Iam2Taz View Post
    The income tax system is the worse thing in America. It should be a flat sales tax. Everybody spends, everybody pays. Tennessee, no income tax and funny enough they are doing just fine because EVERYBODY pays. You want to drive a Cadillac, no problem. Pay the man. You can afford to eat steak, you pay steak taxes. Hamburger, hamburger tax. The more you make the more you get to keep. Enough of the loop holes and other BS.
    There is a problem with instituting that, actually there are a lot of problems but the first one that comes to mind is when it is instituted (without allowances that no proposal has included) it is a terrible attack on all those folks who have been responsible and saved their after tax money. Under the proposals I've seen it would destroy the new house business (though the Dem's have at least temporarily already done that) and the new car business. But what the heck, why not kick the economy while it's down.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12