Union Bosses: TEA Party is Attacking the American Dream

Thread: Union Bosses: TEA Party is Attacking the American Dream

Union Bosses: TEA Party is Attacking the American Dream

From Godfather Politics.

On August 30, 2011 there was a small SEIU protest outside of Congressman Charlie Dent’s office. A couple of union bosses made some dire predictions to the protestors about the upcoming elections in 2012 comparing our political climate to battles of the Civil War (or depending on how you look at it, War Between the States. We don’t play favorites here. The war still happened no matter what you call it.)

At the forefront was Edward Balukus who uses the TEA Party and corporations as scapegoats for the current economic climate instead of placing blame where it belongs. Below is a transcript and video embedded.
    Edward Balukus President UAW Local 677:

Everybody believe in the American dream? You’ve got to be asleep to believe it, because we’re under attack. The greatest redistribution of wealth in the history of this country, they’re taking it over. They’re convincing Americans we had our Antietam, our bloodiest day in American war…

Our Antietam was the last election. We had a bloodbath and corporations are winning. 96 freshmen at the end of which are TEA Party members and they’re against all of you. They’re against workers. They’re against retirees. They’re against the middle class. All they want to is increase the amount of money that the rich and the corporations get. How is it possible to have equal sacrifice when GE makes $14 billion?

This next election is our Gettysburg and if we don’t stop them here we are doomed, done. There is nobody to pick up the flag…this election is it. Get everybody out to vote. You’re going to have to get your mothers-in-laws, your cousins, your aunts, and your uncles, people you don’t like. I don’t care but we gotta get them out, we gotta mobilize, we gotta take it back, because they’re taking it from us…

The last 80 years, unions, the middle class, they made this country. Our national defense, really, was based on our economy. Without jobs here we can’t even afford our national defense. We’re going to outsource that too and then the Chinese will come here to protect us. This is where we’re going. Its nuts.

We’re going to have to do something about it. I hope you are all behind it. I hope you are all motivated… Every time there is something bring somebody out to it. But more important get people to vote because this is it. This is our Gettysburg. Take it home and wrap it around you. Wrap that flag around. We got to take America back. Thank you.

Let’s see, now. Mr. Balukus refers to the last election as “Our Antietam.” Then he goes on to say that the next election will be “Our Gettysburg.” I’m a little more than just confused as to exactly what he means because either Mr. Balukus is a very poor student of Civil War history or he is predicting another loss for the democrats during the next election. Personally I hope the latter is true.

Since, Antietam, or the Battle of Sharpsburg stopped Robert E. Lee’s invasion of the North in Maryland, it looks to me as if Mr. Balukus is placing unions on the side of the Confederacy because Antietam was, while not a victory for either side was enough to give President Lincoln the confidence to issue the Emancipation Proclamation.

Referring to the next election as the union’s Battle of Gettysburg REALLY baffles me because this was the Confederacy’s SECOND attempt at invading the North where they suffered tremendous losses after Picket’s Charge at Cemetery Ridge. This was a major turning point in the war for the North, which found General Lee retreating back to Virginia.

Now, since the democrats (or the unions in his analogy) CLEARLY lost the last election to their enemy (The North or Union Army) their “Antietam,” then if the 2012 election is going to be their “Battle of Gettysburg,” I guess that means the dems don’t have a chance! But since when have the democrats ever let the truth get in their way?
    Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia...Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Another brilliant attempt to rally the liberally brainwashed sheep to support the status quo and business as usual in Washington DC... No surprise...

"This next election is our Gettysburg and if we don’t stop them here we are doomed, done. There is nobody to pick up the flag…this election is it. Get everybody out to vote. You’re going to have to get your mothers-in-laws, your cousins, your aunts, and your uncles, people you don’t like. I don’t care but we gotta get them out, we gotta mobilize, we gotta take it back, because they’re taking it from us…"

I'm surprised he didn't ask for the names of dead relatives and anyone living here illegally to get out and vote for the liberal collective..
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Just goes to show how effective the Tea Party is becomming. The union leadership is all about money, power and control. If the union leadership cared about their members, shouldn't they be hopping mad about the high unemployment? The conservative movement is a threat to there livelihood. Let's keep the tide moving, get out and vote.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Get your baby momma out to vote, baby daddies too, baby mommas baby momma too. Baby mommas cousins baby momma, baby daddie's baby mommas second cousins baby brothers baby momma too. Welcome to America. VOTE for people that don't have a PLAN developed by the current administration.

You folks crack me up! Ya'll so pure and naive. Better grab your butt with both hands and hold on tight...'cause it don't matter who wins...we lose. You really think any of these people care about you...or any of us? That's YOUR American dream.

Quote Originally Posted by the dark View Post
    Better grab your butt with both hands and hold on tight...'cause it don't matter who wins...we lose. You really think any of these people care about you...or any of us? That's YOUR American dream.
    +1 Sad, but oh so true.
    The scariest words in all existence
    "Depart From Me, I Never Knew You"
    - Matthew 7:23 -

Quote Originally Posted by the dark View Post
    You folks crack me up! Ya'll so pure and naive. Better grab your butt with both hands and hold on tight...'cause it don't matter who wins...we lose. You really think any of these people care about you...or any of us? That's YOUR American dream.
    Your sort of thinking is very counter productive...I hate to say what I think about what you just said. Sorry.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    Another brilliant attempt to rally the liberally brainwashed sheep to support the status quo and business as usual in Washington DC... No surprise...

"This next election is our Gettysburg and if we don’t stop them here we are doomed, done. There is nobody to pick up the flag…this election is it. Get everybody out to vote. You’re going to have to get your mothers-in-laws, your cousins, your aunts, and your uncles, people you don’t like. I don’t care but we gotta get them out, we gotta mobilize, we gotta take it back, because they’re taking it from us…"

I'm surprised he didn't ask for the names of dead relatives and anyone living here illegally to get out and vote for the liberal collective..
    Perhaps the "Chicago Turnout" has spread. I understand dead people vote there with regularity.
    Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia...Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Win or lose, right or wrong, blame this one or that---the point is VOTE THEM THE HELL OUT all of them. Even Joe Wilson who called nobammy a liar. They all have contributed to the situation--they control the finances of America--establish the laws giving our businesses bonuses to move off shore--and vote themselves wonderful raises and perks. They keep voting in raises in the minimum wages and have priced us out of the worlds market--just to get votes. They cancel SS cost of living raises but raise theirs. They have raided the SS funds to give to those who never contributed and are illegally here. It was not their money to give away, tax, or move to the general fund. The whole bunch are a gang of white collar thieves, robbers, and criminals masquarading as gentlemen. They make Burney Murdoff look like a small time hood. Rant off.