Someone who'll tell it like it is, and how it has to be. - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Someone who'll tell it like it is, and how it has to be.

Quote Originally Posted by TooCalm View Post
    I am not joining and giving them money. A vote is all they are going to get out of me.

Legalizing drugs would take a Huge Financial Burden off of the American tax payers. Take a look at the Drug War Clock. It tracks how much money our government is spending in a vain effort to stop the drug trade. Then there is the cost of keeping drug offenders locked up in prison. The USA has well over 2 million prisoners.
    Well, allowing the potheads and druggies to take over certainly would reduce our gridlocked highways and streets, but having fewer taxpayers supporting them might cause a few problems.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

Potheads and Druggies overthrowing the United States of America and taking over? What are you smoking?

Potheads and Druggies overthrowing the United States of America and taking over? What are you smoking?
    Ha! Ha! Ha! Not that! What I'm talking about is the carnage that would result on our highways and streets and in our businesses.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

No, I don't think the highway death rate will change much. Over the last decade 400,000 people have died on this nations roads. The majority of those deaths were caused by people driving too fast, following too close, talking on the cell phone, and just not giving their full attention to the road while they are driving.

Businesses generally fire people who come to work impaired.

The push behind the legalization of drugs is not to addict more people to drugs, it is to treat drug addictions as a medical problem rather than criminal problem.

"The push behind the legalization of drugs is not to addict more people to drugs, it is to treat drug addictions as a medical problem rather than criminal problem."

It's not the intentions that are a problem but rather the unintended consequences.

"Medical" treatment does a druggie no good unless they have decided they want to address the problem. Kalifornia's program has largely been a failure.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

No they can't win the presidential election, but there are other positions where they stand a chance.

My vote will not benefit Obama unless the majority of NC voters vote for him and he wins NC. It is the electoral votes that elects the president.
    When it comes down to two candidates who can win, your vote has a dual affect. A vote for your candidate is a vote against his opposition. When you vote for a candidate who can't win it benefits Obama by widening the gap between him and another candidate who could potentially beat him. My objective is to vote for anyone who can beat the mutt just to get him out of office before this country is permanently harmed.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

The push behind the legalization of drugs is not to addict more people to drugs, it is to treat drug addictions as a medical problem rather than criminal problem.
    It's already treated as a medical condition and is acceptable for obtaining benefits from SSA or SSI.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

It's already treated as a medical condition and is acceptable for obtaining benefits from SSA or SSI.
    Indeed and unfortunately with less than stellar results.

Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    When it comes down to two candidates who can win, your vote has a dual affect. A vote for your candidate is a vote against his opposition. When you vote for a candidate who can't win it benefits Obama by widening the gap between him and another candidate who could potentially beat him. My objective is to vote for anyone who can beat the mutt just to get him out of office before this country is permanently harmed.
    A Republican president is not going to make any difference. This country has already been permanently harmed by both parties actions. The Republicans and the Democrats are equally responsible for shipping our jobs overseas and destroying the value of our currency. I refuse to vote for either of the Mangy Dogs.

A Republican president is not going to make any difference. This country has already been permanently harmed by both parties actions. The Republicans and the Democrats are equally responsible for shipping our jobs overseas and destroying the value of our currency. I refuse to vote for either of the Mangy Dogs.
    Then prepare to inaugurate Obama for another four years.
    Charlie

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast