Someone who'll tell it like it is, and how it has to be. - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Someone who'll tell it like it is, and how it has to be.

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    It's already treated as a medical condition and is acceptable for obtaining benefits from SSA or SSI.
    That's just pot. If it were legal to grow it would not cost $350 or more per oz.
    The SSA or SSI pays for it. Wow! If it were legal and sold in the ABC store the government could be making money off of it instead of spending money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by TooCalm View Post
    A Republican president is not going to make any difference. This country has already been permanently harmed by both parties actions. The Republicans and the Democrats are equally responsible for shipping our jobs overseas and destroying the value of our currency. I refuse to vote for either of the Mangy Dogs.
    If you think a Republican President won't make any difference, you haven't been paying attention. There will very probably be at least one Supreme Court vacancy during the next administration. Do you want another Elena Kagen on the Court? Of course, it might come just before Obama leaves office in January, 2013, so the Obuma could have another appointment, anyway.
    Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by TooCalm View Post
    That's just pot. If it were legal to grow it would not cost $350 or more per oz.
    The SSA or SSI pays for it. Wow! If it were legal and sold in the ABC store the government could be making money off of it instead of spending money on it.
    I don't have a problem with the legalization of pot. Hell it's already the biggest cash crop in America. I'm not smoking it either way. But people don't develop a physical dependency to pot, only a psychological desire to keep smoking. Drugs like crack, ice and even alcohol are additive in nature. These are the ones that make a wreck out of peoples lives. Kids of the addicted are eligible for SS benefits and Medicaid/Medicare. Tweekers, crackheads and alcoholics can all get disability benefits. They leave a trail of social carnage in their wake and greatly stress the public assistance programs.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

But people don't develop a physical dependency to pot, only a psychological desire to keep smoking. Drugs like crack, ice and even alcohol are additive in nature. These are the ones that make a wreck out of peoples lives.
    Pot too destroys families as the users decide they prefer to be high than to go to work. I've known several families that have been destroyed.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Why are these supposed conservatives being coerced by thier handlers to not go on the Michael Savage radio show? ...Is the "Savage nation" too conservative for them? Is the radio show too honest, too much in-your-face-conservative? I know people like to hear some middle of the road stuff once in awhile, but are there not a great number of those (of us) who will stand up to the you-can't-say-that crowd?
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Quote Originally Posted by maybejim View Post
    Pot too destroys families as the users decide they prefer to be high than to go to work. I've known several families that have been destroyed.
    I personally think it makes people lazy. And I can't understand some of the proclaimed medical uses. Who would provide a cancer patient with a carcinogenic, cancer causing agent as therapy?
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

To refer back to the original topic....a surprising article from the NYT today.

http://tinyurl.com/3uufy4o
    "When war does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard."
    Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by maybejim View Post
    And all the talk about cigaret smoking causing lung cancer due to the tar ingredient, while nothing is ever said about "one" marihuana cig having as much tar in it as a whole pack (20) of tobacco cigs. Stinking hypocrites.
    ~ Truth Is Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth ~

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345