How many watched the republican debate last night? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many watched the republican debate last night?

I despise debates and the five second sound bites that are so popular with the American public. They do nothing to get to the actual agendas and thoughts of the cantidates rather they emphasize the "pretty boy" and "what you want to hear" points from certain ones. How do you think BHO was chosen to be the standard bearer for the Deomcrats back in 2003? I don't know exactly who picked him from the masses and groomed him but BHO proved he is trainable.

You cannot understand or make a reliable decision on a cantidate by listening to a debate, a sound bite or even a political speach. You need to study their history and their actions for some time before understanding or believing them. Right now I don't know if any of the cantidates either Republican or Democrat are Presidential material in todays media driven society.

Over the past four years I have decided that Palin may be the smartest one out of the whole bunch but am not sure that she can succeed againt the media onslaught that would erupt. The liberal press seems to have decided that Perry is going to win the nomination and has already starting to find anything to attack him with that they can either find, make up or constrew. In many ways I like Bachmann but she is too much like me in that she is much too quick to say what she thinks and can't remember details. She is too easy for the press to pick on to be effective. Newt may be the best of the bunch but doesn't have chance because of things that really don't have anything to do with him being president.

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    I was on the road delivering a load in Saline, KS, during the debate and could not watch it. I did watch both NBC and CNN, along with FoxNews the day after. I listened to Rush, Levin and others afterward as well and so I'd like to think I got a pretty good flavoring of it.

The left is scared. I only hope whoever we end up with, along with the Senate and House, has our founding documents at heart. If so, then we can steer a course for a stronger country and can maybe start to rebuild what's left of our economic and military strength and work towards restoring liberty. Who knows, the meaning of "shall not be infringed" might even be better understood!
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12