Gave a Gun Owners Caucus talk at my county Democratic Party meeting tonight. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gave a Gun Owners Caucus talk at my county Democratic Party meeting tonight.

1. heh. If you're ever up here, let me know, I'll happily take you to a range.

Ed,

When I lived on the West Coast, even though I am not a Democrat, I would've committed to driving up to help you out because I believe in what you are doing. If we as shooters, Republican or Democrat, Conservative or Liberal, can help to bridge the gap and bring more people out of the dark and show them the truth about guns and shooting, we should be able to do so in an apolitical way and educate others as to the media untruths about us and our sport. Just one range day to demonstrate safe shooting and show these people that we are normal without threatening their political views would be well worth the drive!

I wish you luck and I hope you will keep us posted as to your success. It sounds like you are up against some hefty odds, but the way you are going, I think you will definitely experience some success! Keep up the good work!
    Edmund Burke: “The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.” – 1784 speech. Taken from Founding Fathers Notes. "The unarmed man is not just defenseless -- he is also contemptible." Machiavelli

4. Quote Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
    Ed,

When I lived on the West Coast, even though I am not a Democrat, I would've committed to driving up to help you out because I believe in what you are doing. If we as shooters, Republican or Democrat, Conservative or Liberal, can help to bridge the gap and bring more people out of the dark and show them the truth about guns and shooting, we should be able to do so in an apolitical way and educate others as to the media untruths about us and our sport. Just one range day to demonstrate safe shooting and show these people that we are normal without threatening their political views would be well worth the drive!

I wish you luck and I hope you will keep us posted as to your success. It sounds like you are up against some hefty odds, but the way you are going, I think you will definitely experience some
    success! Keep up the good work!
    First of all, if mr Ed is really a democrat I would not a trust a word he says. They are the enemy! How can any normal rational thinking mind appply a D to their name???. Second, the communist party is the Party of the rule of man, not the rule of law. Don't let this jackleg deceiving, conniving communist, Fool you into believing that he is on of us. His spew is all Hog Wash. I know the scum of the left and they no different the Radical Islam, they say one thing and do just the opposite.

They prey on your weakness, don't buy into their hogwash. Ask yourself this question, if you have morals, would you proclaim to be a demon crat, would you? sorry mr Ed you suck if you proclaim to be a demon crat you and all your buddies in the communist party are the enemy , if you have any integrity you would change your screen name to" I love the USA ".screw you union thugs!

Take you hogwash to move on and your own kind they will believe your BS. Maybe you buddy Hoffa can give you a place for you BS.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

5. Mr Ed you are pure bravo sierra! I would tell you this to your lying face, you all full of dog squeeze. You proclaim to be a D your sorry ass.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Is the Democratic party doing an about face on their gun rights position? If so they have one huge stereotype to overcome. That would be their past anti gun legislation.
    I would welcome the change, but first I'll have to see it before I believe it.

Senator Joseph McCarthy is that you?

8. At least here in Oregon, the Democratic Party's official stance as a party is to support gun rights, and to punish criminals who use guns to commit crimes.

The full resolution, which is the current and only active Democratic Party of Oregon resolution on firearms at all, is:
    RESOLUTION NO. 2005-008

A RESOLUTION OF THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY OF OREGON

WHEREAS, the Democratic Party has long been dedicated to the preservation of civil liberties; and

WHEREAS, the Democratic Party has long been dedicated to the preservation of freedom and social justice.

NOW, THEREFORE, THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY OF OREGON RESOLVES AS FOLLOWS:

Section 1. To recognize and support the right to keep and bear arms in Article 1 Section 27 of the Oregon State Constitution and the Second Amendment of the Constitution of the United States of America as an individual right not granted by the government, but rather guaranteed by the government.

Section 2. In recognition of the tremendous personal responsibility engendered by the right to keep and bear arms, the Democratic Party of Oregon further advocates severe penalties and their enforcement for criminal use or misuse of the right.

ADOPTED by the Democratic Party of Oregon on the 16th day of July, 2005.
    As far as I know, the national Democratic party has no official stance one way or the other.

Of course, the party having such a resolution doesn't mean individual members have to follow it. Obviously, the Democratic Party has gotten the reputation of being anti-gun based on the efforts of multiple Democratic lawmakers over the years. (My own state representative being one of the worse offenders - thankfully for me, she is not running for re-election, so I'll have plenty of time to remind those Democrats who run to replace her that our state House district has one of the highest concentration of CHL holders in the state.)

Yeah, there are plenty Democrats who are pro gun-rights, it just tends to be one of the issues that isn't the highest priority for most, so many of us grudgingly accept gun-unfriendly Democrats because we agree with them on enough other issues that we disagree with the opponent on. However, those same ones of us actively lobby inside the party to try to ensure more gun-friendly Democrats make it to the general elections.

I hope to be able to help these shifts, both internal to the party, and public-image wise, as much as I can. There are many people who would otherwise agree with the Democratic party who don't because of a few issues, a major one being gun rights. (Obviously, there are plenty of others, such as wooddoctor, who are so poisoned by the word "Democrat", that they would never believe anything a Democrat says, and are impossible to convince.)

9. Ed, you seam to be a nice guy. I have no bones to pick with you so this is not an attack at you personally even though i still think you suck claiming to be a Demo. We have a one Party government with a two Party Pozie scheme. Why would you even assign a party affiliation to your name? Why would you even proclaim belonging to the D party when the likes of ALL the communist reside within this party? How can you even excuse this Marxist creep in the white house, he and his wife defecate daily ALL OVER the White House. Are you really proud of KKK Byrd and that wacko Gore and pecker head Clinton and Bill Ayres and all the rest of the American HATING sob the nested in YOUR Party? Why don't you just come forth and tell us all you are a moocher like the rest of the communist in your party and knock of your BS about pro gun support?

Not all democrats have the anti-gun disease... I know one who supports the right to keep and bear arms. However more of them than I'd prefer have that anti-gun and anti-basic-rights affliction. The democratic party of old is long gone... The progressive liberal communist party has taken over and destroyed any sensibility... That party if supported further, could spell death to the American way of life... No thanks...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

11. Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    Not all democrats have the anti-gun disease... I know one who supports the right to keep and bear arms. However more of them than I'd prefer have that anti-gun and anti-basic-rights affliction. The democratic party of old is long gone... The progressive liberal communist party has taken over and destroyed any sensibility... That party if supported further, could spell death to the American way of life... No thanks...
    This is exactly my point! The Democrate party is the party of communism "They are the Enemy to this Republic". When someone proclaims to be a Democrate, my guards go up, they prey on the weak minded and will BS and try to convince you they are good. Notice I said try to convince you they are good doers. Mr Ed seams to be trying to hard.......they prey on the goodness of the conservative......they are scum......and it must be engrained and ooze out of every pore of your body.
    Godless Self serving scum will lie without a blink.

Demarcates are the haters and use Race to divide the people, the more they can divide the people the more power they gain. Why would anyone want to proclaim to be a Democrate ? Mooshell can now be proud. Erick Holder can now cover up SoLyndra money laundering scam what a great party to support.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast