Vote on the individual's right to keep and bear arms.

Thread: Vote on the individual's right to keep and bear arms.

Vote on the individual's right to keep and bear arms.

I guess the USA Today didn't like the results of their first poll, so they're doing it again. Send it to all the right people. It was 97% to 3% when I voted.

USATODAY.com - Quick Question
    Charlie

I voted Yes, but the question is worded wrong. It should state, "Does the Second Amendment recognize an individuals right to keep and bear arms?" Our constitution does not GIVE us rights. We have them inherently, it merely recognizes and protects them.

CharlieK, This poll is from Nov. 2007 (look at the web site address). It keeps getting passed around so we end up voting numerous times on it.

5. I agree with Sig. The way the poll is worded, I would have to vote "No", because it doesn't "GIVE" us the right, it shows that the government "guarantees" that right.

But, because I know what they meant, I voted yes.

6. Voted yes as well. I'm amazed that people will overwhelmingly vote yes to something like this but we can't actually "bear" arms in every state in the nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig1911 View Post
    I voted Yes, but the question is worded wrong. It should state, "Does the Second Amendment recognize an individuals right to keep and bear arms?" Our constitution does not GIVE us rights. We have them inherently, it merely recognizes and protects them.
    I agree with Sig 1911, its still at 97% yes

Quote Originally Posted by jruddell View Post
    Voted yes as well. I'm amazed that people will overwhelmingly vote yes to something like this but we can't actually "bear" arms in every state in the nation.
    That's right, unfortunately, but that's because some states have ignored the Constitution, and their laws haven't yet been overturned.
    Charlie