I Had a Thought Today - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Had a Thought Today

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    You did not get it, did you? I replied the way I replied because many had associated themselves with the one is who is now ruining our country from within. Now if you did not like the way I replied to your post, I feel sorry for you.
    Dang girl, you told it like it is! If you ever run for anything, you have my vote! I understood where you are coming from and agree with everything you said and then some. Yours was a good add-on to jsimmons' comment.

Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    Mom, anyone offended by what you wrote will be offended if they choose to be. Neither you nor anyone else can control their emotions. You can only control your emotions.
    I didn't say I was offended, and in point of fact, I'm not. I even said that I agreed with what she said.

Once again, my message was merely a cautionary note regarding who you're willing to align yourself with, and that besides the government itself, there are other groups that aren't interested in the same things you/we are. I've discussed this very topic with at least a dozen people over the weekend, and to a man, they all admitted that they hadn't considered that aspect of the classic "us vs them" scenario. I'm not advising people to not take a stand - I'm advising them to be careful in regards to whom they stand with.

My family heritage goes back just a little farther than TM's stated genealogy, with participation in the Revolution (on the side of liberty from the tyranny imposed by the British Empire). Like many others here, I have a vested interest in bringing this country back to what it was intended to be. I simply wasn't as verbose as TM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    You did not get it, did you? I replied the way I replied because many had associated themselves with the one is who is now ruining our country from within. Now if you did not like the way I replied to your post, I feel sorry for you.
    I didn't say that I didn't like the way you replied. I think (and this is not backed up by any statistical facts) that the people that voted for Obama are not likely to be reading these forums. Most of us here feel exactly the same way you do, and yes, that includes me. I think you either missed the point of my message, or failed to include a contextual reference in your own reply.

I'm not trying to start an argument, or irritate anyone. I think I'm beyond the emotion of such a thing happening (I've been angry for a LONG time), and have moved on to considered ideas regarding how to react when things DO go sideways, and like someone else already said, I think it will go sideways.

Quote Originally Posted by jsimmons View Post
    I didn't say that I didn't like the way you replied. I think (and this is not backed up by any statistical facts) that the people that voted for Obama are not likely to be reading these forums. Most of us here feel exactly the same way you do, and yes, that includes me. I think you either missed the point of my message, or failed to include a contextual reference in your own reply.

I'm not trying to start an argument, or irritate anyone. I think I'm beyond the emotion of such a thing happening (I've been angry for a LONG time), and have moved on to considered ideas regarding how to react when things DO go sideways, and like someone else already said, I think it will go sideways.
    You keep believing that and you would be wrong. ALL sorts of people monitor and browse through different sites. It's just the way it is. ALWAYS be aware.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

[QUOTE=jsimmons;228983]I didn't say I was offended, and in point of fact, I'm not. I even said that I agreed with what she said.

Not sure why you imply this is directed at you as you agree with Tuckers Mom. All I'm saying is that each individual is in charge of their emotions and if you are offended it's because you choose to be.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

7. Tucker is a lucky SOB
    and that B is a GREAT AMERICAN

8. Tucker you have a great MOM!!! You rock Lady! you ever need backup count on my 45 and M1A.
    And in April my keltec shotgun. My jeep is old but runs great. just call and I will come running. See Woodrot!! Heres a lady with more guts than you ever had. This is America.
    WhiteTiger.

Don't be too quick to think that they are not here...there are many evidence that they are trolling in this forum and any forums for that matter alone -- to create havoc, to divide us who can think for ourselves though not all are strong enough to stand on their own two feet and not be easily intimidated...On the contrary, I hope you will not ask me to put my head in the sand because I am scared that "they" will read what I wrote...

I know you are not, that is why I put my addendum reply after yours...not to irritate you either nor start an argument with you. Don't get angry, Buddy -- get even! I know you will help us many to vote him out of the WH, so I thank you in advance. ABO will be better the way it is right now and though we can see a glimmer of hope from some of the candidates, the two people I really want in the selection are not running. As to ideas how to react when things go sideways, for goodness sake, let us hope we have time to think in between the when and the moment "things go sideways" so we we do have to use the knee-jerk reaction with a gun in our hands!
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12