Leave your state! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Leave your state!

I was born and raised in California. Worse thing I had was a ticket for failing to stop at a sign.

I was 18 no money spent two days in jail. I was denied my permit there. I moved to Oklahoma.

Now I am a instructor for the state.

God I hate California. I just had to retire to have my income, and I was gone.

Never going back
    Crime has no boundaries - Carry Safe!

We used to live in Mission Viejo in California. We're now in Missouri and love the Castle Doctrine here. 'Been living here for 25 years now but given the chance to move again, I will choose Texas.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

We moved to California from Florida in 2007 because my wife took a job transfer. After two years of tolerating the high taxes, illegal aliens adding daily to that tax burden, Second Amendment rights that didn't exist, and a general atmosphere of pure stupidity by the majority of the citizens, the camel's back was broken when our resident county (Santa Clara) passed legislation banning McDonald's from putting toys in Kids Meals because kids were getting fat.

We moved to Nevada in 2010 and love it.
    Last edited by Lowjiber; 09-17-2011 at 08:23 AM. Reason: spelling

God bless TX. Im never leaving my beautiful great state of Texas!

Quote Originally Posted by trophyhunter View Post
    I live in New York, Which is just as bad as California. Gun laws here are very Strict. Even if some Scumbag broke into my home I must try to retreat. I hate it here. But my wife is 15 years into a 20 year job with a pension.So, we are stuck for another 5 years. Then we are out of here.
    Absolutely incorrect. NYS does not require you try to retreat in your own home. In fact NYS PL 35.15 allows the use of deadly physical force to thwart a burglary. Regarding other NY gun laws I can't find anything restrictive in Article 265 (criminal possession of a weapon) of the PL. Other than restrictions on some carry permits, you have more gun rights in NY than many "gun friendly" states. Public opinion is based mostly on misinformation. In NYS you can posses in a bar, restaurant, public transportation, bank, hospital, etc. There is no need to notify LEO if you're carrying. No qualification requirement and the permit is good for life. If you have restrictions on your carry have you applied to have them lifted?
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

When they change the laws of where I can carry, I wanted to get my North Dakota permit but their carry laws make me sick.
    Sic vis pacem, para bellum

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis1209 View Post
    I done did it. I moved out of the greatless state of Illinois. It took 38 years, stomp on my 2nd Amendment Rights, and $4,000.00 / year property taxes on a piece of ****** house. You think CA has problems, try IL. Happy camper now in TN.
    I concur with Illinois being a pain. I lived there off and on for 35 years. Moved to Washington 4 years ago. Love this state, right to open carry, shall issue state, conceal carry, noise suppressors are now legal as of July 22nd this year, no need to register firearm, and then you add into the mix, the only rain forest in North America, the mountains, desert area, and the ocean. What more can one ask for? The reason that would cause me to leave? Four more years with current Governor, just joking, if the rights and freedoms of the second amendment were abolished here. That may sway me to move.

96 inches of snow in reading Pennsylvania did it for me and mine. Sunny (hot) Florida is home now. Not much chance of snow down here.

For many of us leaving is no longer an option since it has become virtually impossible to either sell our houses in the current loaction or get a new loan to buy one in another location. This may be due to market conditions, lower credit scores or higher credit requirements.

So if I lost my house I would be free to go.

Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    For many of us leaving is no longer an option since it has become virtually impossible to either sell our houses in the current loaction or get a new loan to buy one in another location. This may be due to market conditions, lower credit scores or higher credit requirements.

So if I lost my house I would be free to go.
    Tell me about it! I was maintaining 2 properties for three years. The piece of crap house I owned out right was appraised at 125k, $4,000.00 / yr. property taxes, and on the market for three (3) years. To get out of Cahokia, IL. I had a difficult time giving it away for $50k, no one could even get a loan on that give-a-way! Finally, someone finally managed to qualify for a loan. I wish I would not have paid it off. I would have sent the mortgage company "jingle mail".

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast