New Government Motors Contract
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Government Motors Contract

Blog Entries

New Government Motors Contract

GM received a $49.5 billion government bailout two years ago because of the never-ending demands of union labor that crippled the company.

We are still offering Government rebates (our tax dollars) to promote GM vehicles, and what does the Union do?

General Motors Co. and the United Auto Workers, agreed on a new four-year contract.

The deal likely will include sweeter profit-sharing checks for GM's 48,500 union workers in the U.S., and also likely raise the entry-level worker per hour pay. It also asks unions to creative ways to cut GM's labor costs, which are still higher than those at nonunion plants in the United States owned by foreign competitors using American labor that can turn out a better product at a better value to the American people, without costing us $49.5 billion, added to our National debt.

Earlier this year, GM factory workers got profit-sharing checks that totaled around $4,000, but still the UAW President Bob King said, “they'll have to be larger in a new contract if the union gives up annual pay raises“. Even when most GM workers already make around $56 per hour in wages and benefits.

I love this shared sacrifice our President and his cronies continue to push on the American tax payer while he and his union buddies reap the benefits.

Just like Jimmy Hoffa said in his labor day speech, “President Obama, this is your army. We are ready to march“.

What he forgot to mention is they have already been bought and paid for.

Remember when Obama stepped in on the GM bankruptcy and ignored the United State’s bankruptcy laws and turned the company over to the union members and bypassed the stock holders which included us and our retirement fund holdings.

Now we have the Solyndra Solar Panel company that received $535 million in backing from Obama and has filed for bankruptcy and laid off 1100 workers.

It will be interesting to see what Obama does with this bankruptcy since Tulsa billionaire George Kaiser, a key Obama backer who raised between $50,000 and $100,000 for the president’s election campaign and other Solyndra executives and board members who donated $87,050 to Obama’s election campaign own the stock and company‘s assets.

It seems GM is in the pension business NOT the auto business!

-Doc

Quote Originally Posted by ricbak View Post
    ... I will never buy another GM product. Not even a used vehicle.[/FONT][/SIZE][/I]
    Same here. I will add Chrysler to that list. I would jump at a good deal on a Ranger 4x4. Otherwise I will stick with US made, Japanese brands.

I got rid of both my american vehicles and have a toyota pickup and a honda accord now

There's at least 48,500 votes their CEO in the white house can count on in 2012.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

8. You have to remember that if you make money in the US and buy foreign all you are doing is making our economy worse. I don't agree with the governments philosophy with interfering in the private sector but we still need to make sure we take care of our own. The US businessman.

Quote Originally Posted by camelroo View Post
    You have to remember that if you make money in the US and buy foreign all you are doing is making our economy worse. I don't agree with the governments philosophy with interfering in the private sector but we still need to make sure we take care of our own. The US businessman.
    True a portion of that money does go overseas but the rest stays hear in the pockets of the local retailers selling the product.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

10. Not more than a few thousand dollars per new car besides sales tax and licensing.

Blog Entries
    Doc,

I see this morning they added a few more items to the contract.
    The United Auto Workers union won $5,000 signing bonuses and the possibility of sweeter profit-sharing checks as part of a new four-year contract with General Motors Co.
    The deal, which was reached late Friday, also includes a $2- to $3-per-hour pay raise for entry-level workers over the life of the contract and guarantees more union jobs.

And we wonder why we can't afford American made?

We can't even produce a good gun in the United States that is affordable.

The Springfield Armory, Inc. which sounds very American but has nothing to do with the real Springfield Armory and offers my favorite the XDM 9mm. It also offers many other products like its M1911 pistols and M1 rifle series (built with Brazilian components produced IMBEL a Brazilian state company, founded in 1975 as a guano of the Ministry of Defense.
    It has been importing the Croatian HS2000 pistol as the XD ("extreme-Duty") series since 2002. Previously the company offered clones of the M1 Garand, Beretta BM59, FN FAL, HK91, AR-15, and the M6 Scout. They have also imported Tanfoglio and Astra semi-automatic pistols under the Springfield name.

So, how can anyone start a Company, and offer a $5000.00 hiring Bonus, than pay them $56.00 per hour including insurance, and a pension plan that allows them to retire at 55 with almost full benefits. Then offer profit sharing from a profit they may need to use to defend themselves in court every time an employee decides, their rights have been violated and calls the ACLU, or their safety is in jepority and calls OSHA, or the environment is being threatened and calls the EPA, Then Heaven forbid they ever file for bankruptcy and President Obama comes in and takes over the company and gives it to the Union.
    “Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast