He Actually Wants Us to Reelect Him? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: He Actually Wants Us to Reelect Him?

Even a lot of folks on the left do not want to see him re-elected. Baron Vladimir Hussein Obama has been quoted as saying that he would rather be a good one term president, than a mediocre two term president. Some people on the left have said, then let someone else run.

In hindsight, had George W. Bush implemented a repeal of DADT durring his second term, we probably would be griping about President McCain right now.

Here's the kicker: Whoever finally does the "job" necessary to get Government spending more in line with revenues (without taxing everyone still producing into oblivion) will commit political suicide in so doing.

Why? Because virtually every American has exactly the same point of view, "Cut someone else's 'rice bowl' not mine." We have now two plus generations of Americans who have been taught from birth to remain self centered, illdisciplined, greedy. Life is a cush gig, they are taught. If you are a failure, not to worry, someone else will pick up your load for you. Psychologically damaged.

"Veruka" Syndrome (from Willie Wonka): I WANT IT! NOW!

"Edith Ann" Syndrome (from Sat. Night Live): My momma said I can do anything I want to!

We are reaping what we have sown. I don't see a ready cure for the malady either.

"Freedom" is a rare gift, only infrequently glimpsed in the annals of history. I am beginning to believe that we have used our "glimpse" of freedom to promote a rather hedonistic and selfish lifestyle. Anything goes, and does. Self responsibility "goes" right along with it. A great many of us have been turned from individualism to dependency.

An individual is "free". A dependent is a slave. Some folks simply do not grasp the raw truth of that..... but they will..... soon.

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Instead of telling us how to vote next year. Tell me how a republican would have played the same cards dealt over the last four years? Because everybody knows how the last eight before that were played!

Quote Originally Posted by Babarock:231303
    I didn't vote for him. The color of his skin had nothing to do with it. It was what he said, what he did and who he associated with. Not that McCain was that great of a choice but ... he was the alternative.

I told a class I was teaching shortly after the swearing in, "I hope and pray that he is up to the job ahead". My prayers were not answered and he has shown himself to be incompetent at least and likely evil at the most. He has been the greatest failure I have ever seen in the office in all of my 55 years.
    I do not think our republic will be well if he is reelected and the Dims regain control of the House. I fear for my daughter's future. We have a chance if the Republicans take both the House and Senate and even better if we take the Presidency as well. Not that the Republicans are perfect at all.

We must do our parts to elect people who will do the job honestly and with honor. And if they don't recall/fire them. There are some tough choices that are going to have to be made sooner than later by the people in government. Getting spending and entitlements under control is primary.
    Yeah I remember when I had my first beer too! The fact is all politicians are crooked crooked CROOKED! you just have to vote for the least crooked. There are absolutely no "honest politicians" and if you believe there are "honest politicians" I have some swamp land for sale in new orleans you maybe interested in!

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    "Good men" who do nothing are not good men in my books if they just keep to themselves and help let this country go to ruins by their silence, ineffectiveness and inactiveness.

This one might be appropriate, Oldgrunt...

If you were president and you needed a handful of troops to do a delicate, dangerous job, who would you turn to—a unit of racially and sexually and disability diverse troops or the elite: Special Forces, Navy Seals, Delta Force?

When you watch football, assuming you're willing to watch something so violent and competitive, do you want to watch the elite, the best of the best, the professionals who made it to the NFL on the basis of their talent and training, or a United Nations coordinated rainbow coalition of teams drawn from men and women from around the world to make it a truly global unisex game?

Or suppose you needed serious surgery, would you prefer the operation to be done by a surgeon with years of practice behind him, drawn from the elite of the medical profession, or by a deserving recent immigrant, selected for the task as a result of the new Obamafair™ social justice program designed to boost the self-esteem of low-skill workers while simultaneously combating society's sexist, racist, elitist hegemony?"

He didn't get my vote last time, he ain't gonna get my vote next time around NOR EVER!
    Holy crap, well said!

I'll just add to it by saying ObaMao feels he'll be reelected because of the legions of mindless drones sitting in front of the TV watching Bill Mauer, CNN, ABC, etc and not digging for any real information. As long as these sheeples can go to work, go shopping, drink a beer and believe the propaganda as to why a loaf of bread will soon cost $6.00 they'll vote for the "historical" president, you know, 'cause it's cool.

To my way of thinking, if these drones wanted to be a part of something historical, how about the first female prez? I'd vote for either Bachmann or Palin, to be honest.

I still get a bit angry when I see these otherwise intelligent, even educated (or not in either case) folks stay hypnotized by the left-media. I want to choke them sometimes, honest to G-d. Anyway, why wouldn't Obamao think he's got a good chance of being reelected?
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    May I add one more thing?

On my web page, I noted what i feel are the "4 likely groups of Obama voters" and in group number 4 are those who voted for ObaMao simply 'cause of the color of his skin. These same voters touted the words of Dr. Martin Luther King, who in my opinion DOES deserve a place in history. These voters judged (voted for) ObaMao by the color of his skin and NOT by the content of his charactor. ...Recall Dr. King's speech anyone? So, these voters having judged ObaMao by the color of his skin have all spit in the face of MLK. Spit directly in his face, and they don't understand it at all. This is just one more reason ObaMao thinks he'll be reelected.
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by XD40FAN View Post
    Instead of telling us how to vote next year. Tell me how a republican would have played the same cards dealt over the last four years? Because everybody knows how the last eight before that were played!
    Don't think anyone is telling you how to vote. I'm not. If you like the direction the currant administration is going, by all means support it. As far as a differant party doing a better job, not likely. To career politicians it's all about money, controll and power. Nothing eles matters. It's been that way in my life time and don't see that changing any time soon. Believe what you want. It's not easy to seperate fact from fiction. I do it by listening to what they say then watch what they do. To each his own.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
    Here's the kicker: Whoever finally does the "job" necessary to get Government spending more in line with revenues (without taxing everyone still producing into oblivion) will commit political suicide in so doing.

Why? Because virtually every American has exactly the same point of view, "Cut someone else's 'rice bowl' not mine."
    "Virtually every American" would include you too. All Americans do not have that point of view and they never have. I don't receive government assistance and I don't expect to. And there are many millions of other hard working Americans just like me. We've opposed the spend happy politicians in Washington all the way, but there haven't been enough people who were smart enough to listen to us. We were the Tea Party long before the Tea Party even existed. We were just called conservatives, libertarians or even radical independents back then. But some people are starting to listen now. It sure took them long enough. Hopefully those numbers will grow even more. But if you think all Americans are addicted to the government teat and won't be willing to give it up, you are sorely mistaken.

I do like rice though. But I'll pay for my own.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

I think you are taking his point too literal. There are allot of Americans as well as illegal alliens on the government teat and they somehow find a way to vote, legal or not. Bottom line the system is broken. A leaking tire will not heal itself. At some point if it doesn't get patched it will be flat.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    "Virtually every American" would include you too. All Americans do not have that point of view and they never have. I don't receive government assistance and I don't expect to. And there are many millions of other hard working Americans just like me. We've opposed the spend happy politicians in Washington all the way, but there haven't been enough people who were smart enough to listen to us. We were the Tea Party long before the Tea Party even existed. We were just called conservatives, libertarians or even radical independents back then. But some people are starting to listen now. It sure took them long enough. Hopefully those numbers will grow even more. But if you think all Americans are addicted to the government teat and won't be willing to give it up, you are sorely mistaken.

I do like rice though. But I'll pay for my own.
    Ah. You seem to think that reducing Government spending will only affect the "moochers". I beg to differ. Here's why:

1) It is constantly beaten into our heads that Government spending is 25% of the GDP. Of which 40% is "borrowed money" and put on the National Credit Card. If these figures are accurate (I have no reason to doubt them), then to reduce spending to attain a balanced budget, all other things being equal, it would, by necesssity, equate to an overall 10% reduction in the GPD. (In addition to the reduction we have suffered already as a result of "post meltdown" business slowdown. Which was touted as the worst recession since WWII.) Care to double down on the recession?

1a) An aside: That 10% of GDP reduction we are striving for, roughly equates to the 1.5 Trillion annual deficit we have been treated to since Obi the First took the throne. DOH! Funny how that math stuff works out, isn't it?

2) Some folks blithly assume that since they are not direct recipients of the dole, they will not be affected by a severe Government spending reduction. No? Let us count the ways: If we reduce the dole recipients by 40%, that would necessitate reducing the size of the Government workers necessary to "dole out the dole" as it were. Adding to the unemployment figures and/or welfare stats. In fact, if the Government cuts spending across the board by 40% (which we have shown is the difference between revenues and spending at present) a LOT of Government Workers are going to have their rice bowls threatened.

3) Same same military. They are going to have to take their "FAY-AIRE" share of cuts too, you know.

4) We are already trying to discover how much to stick it to retirees, Medicare and Social Security drawers. They, too, will be forced to take a cut.

5) Now for the more, how shall we say this delicately, indirect rice bowls at stake? Business downturns could be reasonably expected for every firm that "does business" with the Government, either for procurement purposes, advising purposes or for service providing purposes. (Remember 25% of GDP is direct Government spending.) (That's a LOT of business!)

6) Then we have to account for the businesses that have as their clients the folks that the Government fills their rice bowls one way or another. Think of what the DC area, communities and suburbs would look like if the Government packed up and moved to, say, Akron, Ohio. Ghost towns.

7) Think of all the service providers, from Lawyers, Medicos to Real Estate Agents would have their rice bowls trimmed.

Americans DO have that frame of mind. Why do you think it is so difficult to close down a redundant military base in the US? Because nine times of ten, that base is the basis of the entire economy of the local area. The resistance is not so much from the military, but the businesses that have the military as clients.

So, if you simply assume that great reductions in Government spending are NOT going to have any effect on YOUR particular situation..... I beg you to rethink your position.

Point I am trying to make is that EVERYONE is reluctant to support cost cutting efforts that might, even remotely, affect their way of life (read: income stability). I also submit that if we are talking about an overall reduction of 10% of GDP as the key to attaining fiscal stability, it WILL have a very solid and severe affect on the overall economy, just as severe as the "housing meltdown" caused.

The trick, then, is to ease off on Government spending and at the same time fill that void in the GDP with private sector spending. Not an easy task at the best of times.

Thus we are left with reduce spending, increase revenues and/or encourage business as means by which to reduce our deficits. Otherwise we default sometime in the future and the whole ball of wax collapses. We have discussed what a further reduction in 10% of GDP would cause. How about if ALL 25% of Gov't supplied GDP suddenly stopped? Messy. Messy!

No one is exempt. No one is safe. Our singular hope of survival at even close to our previous way of life(style) is to find a remedy, soon. (... and Obama & Co.'s Economic Theory is NOT the remedy.)

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast