History Unfolding The Perfect Storm - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: History Unfolding The Perfect Storm

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Referance to 1984 David Lynch movie entitled "Dune".
    Yeah, I know. David Lynch is weird, too.

Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    Yeah, I know. David Lynch is weird, too.
    Actually it's more correct to place that lens on Frank Herbert, the novelist who created the Dune series. He was kinda like a more modern J.R.R. Tolkein or an earlier H. J. Rowland.

You took the words rightout of my mouth!!This is exactly what the author meant!!!Lets argue about who wrote it, not about the truth the article tells. Who gives a rats A$$ who wrote it. Lets get off our duffs and fix this ONCE GREAT COUNTRY befor there is nothing left thats worth fixing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    I don't care who wrote the article...it is completely on target! Kudos to whoever did write it!

There is going to be a great, violent conflict at the end of all this.

One question will be.....who will be on who's side in it?
    "When war does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard."
    Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

I am from Germany and trust me I am familar with our history. We have an excellent education system and we spend A LOT of time covering that time period.

I am not fully on board with the article on all aspects but some of them I agree with. I don't know much about the guy running the show either, for me he just materialized out of nowhere. He seems to have associations that are at least dubious and the investigation into his eligibility for presidency was squashed right away. That makes me uneasy, no more, no less.

One thing I do have to warn my fellow (more or less) Americans about is everybody thinks things can not happen to them or their country until they do. That's why we Germans are so vigorously checking anything and anybody that seems to be contra our constituation - Scientology for example.

And for the record, I am not anti government at all. But I get interviewed or arrested tomorrow I will be on the next plane back to Germany.

7. For all the allusions to the high ranking government officials all the way up the chain of command, being democratically selected and empowered by 'We the people' continues to place the blame for the culminating deterioration of the democratic system (and the very infrastrrcture of society at large) on the voting public. Bumper stickers proclaiming that those who don't vote have not right to complain, only reinforce the extremely questionable premise that the will of the majority of the voting public is the deciding factor in matters of government of, by and for the people, viz., in the paraphrased words of Joseph Stalin, "It is not the number of people who vote that matters, it is how the votes are counted."

In the incumbent 'New Age' of 'hi tech', the electronic vehicularization of the 'voting booth' is no less vulnerable to cyber-attack/hackers than any other computerized system. Given the incumbent corruption of and within 'government', the control and manipulation of the public vote is more a 'probability' than a 'possibility'. Yet, the out-dated confidence and purportation that 'We the people' are responsible for the ominously increasing anti-democratic transgressions of fundamental American Democracy, certainly including the Constitution, is instead a colossal example of circuitously Blaming the Victim(s) - as though Democracy is intact; as though the existential status quo is foreordained 'manifest destiny'; as though (let's pre-tend) the destruction of the 'establishment' is the will of 'We the people', in this way, completely departing from - and vacantly conflicting with and denying - the opening message ('The Perfect Storm' peril) of this ongoing thread.

Exemplary cases in point of 'History Unfolding: The Perfect Storm' - the dominant (mass electronic and printed media)is not addressing important issues that may very well be ongoing and continuingly unresoved: there seems to be 'no news' regarding the 'bygone' crisis of the so called 'oil spill' in the Gulf of Mexico; which has been dubiously compared to that of the Exxon Valdez oil tanker off the shores of Alaska, while that was a finite amount of oil, while the notably misnomered 'oil spill' in the Gulf of Mexico is not a finite (limited) 'spill' at all, but rather the exudation of oil from the compromised bottom of the sea, the quantity of which is not limited to the capacity of any sea-going oil tanker...

Yet another crisis about which the mass media is ominously evasive is potentially far more grim than the possible - if unknown - consequences of the Gulf of Mexico 'oil spill', is the status of the - especially two, of six - severely damaged nuclear power plants in Japan, which has been compared to 'Chernobyl' and 'Three Mile Island' - both of which incidents released relatively brief bursts of radioactive emissions, compared to what may still be ongoing in Japan... (Updates on that issue are requested in this thread, if and when such information is available).

Then there is the near doubling of food prices in the United States in the past approximately eight months (what is the real cause, meaning and consequence of this?), and the relatively uncontroversial plight of about three and one half million families - mom, dad and kids - living in automobiles (while the 'mass media' transmits 'public service messages' soliciting donations to distressed people in foreign countries (many of whom do not receive any of the donations that are provided, due to theft from 'tribal leaders' and rogue government'pirates'), instead of giving priority to rescuing our own severely suffering people, first.

I just get a feeling, deep down, that something really bad is going to happen in the next 18 months. It is hard to tell if it is because the media only covers events that are "news worthy" in their eyes or if it is really the way people are acting. I am not a doomsdayer, but it rankles me that the idiots don't get it.

Guess I just go reload some more and think about it.

Psalm 82:3-5

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    And for the record, I am not anti government at all. But I get interviewed or arrested tomorrow I will be on the next plane back to Germany.
    Iam2Taz,

Maybe this is the same reason someone used David Lynch’s name on the article instead of their own.

Most of our founding fathers, lost everything to ensure our freedom from oppression and from a government that no longer was represented by the Representatives of the People (today’s Congress and Senate) (yesterday‘s State Delegates).

They lost everything to give us a Constitution that would protect us from the representatives of the government (today‘s EPA, OSHA, CZARS, UCLA, Federal Reserve, Bureau of Workers Compensation, Obama Care, Dept. of Interior, HUD, Dept. of Agriculture, Fannie and Freddie, and now a Super Budget Committee.
    (yesterday’s judges, soldiers and representatives sent by the King of Great Britain).

I for one will not get on a plane and go away, I believe that many of us have set back not knowing or not caring about how far our Country has fallen from the Grace of God and the values our Fore Fathers lived and died for.
    We have forgotten why so many died securing freedom for our Black American Brothers and Sisters that were guaranteed in our Declaration of Independence “that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.”
    How many have died in declared wars that were fought to preserve those same freedoms for others.
    America is and will continue to be a Great Nation because as it was when Japan attacked Pearl Harbor, the Sleeping Giant has been awakened (The Greatness of The American People).
    So, Iam2Taz Please don’t get on that plane.
    We need all the help we can get.

A few things to remember:
    There is no separation of Church and State in the Constitution.
    For this Country to be defeated check the Communist Manifesto,
    First a Country has to be demoralized, by removing God from our schools, and public places.
    And now they have reached the point of demoralizing our Military, the last strong hold.

“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
    Edmund Burke
    “Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower

Lakota, welcome to this group, this forum...from all Missourians here...'Glad you took the time to participate and gave your views.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Quote Originally Posted by Debray View Post
    Iam2Taz,

Maybe this is the same reason someone used David Lynch’s name on the article instead of their own.

Most of our founding fathers, lost everything to ensure our freedom from oppression and from a government that no longer was represented by the Representatives of the People (today’s Congress and Senate) (yesterday‘s State Delegates).

They lost everything to give us a Constitution that would protect us from the representatives of the government (today‘s EPA, OSHA, CZARS, UCLA, Federal Reserve, Bureau of Workers Compensation, Obama Care, Dept. of Interior, HUD, Dept. of Agriculture, Fannie and Freddie, and now a Super Budget Committee.
    (yesterday’s judges, soldiers and representatives sent by the King of Great Britain).

I for one will not get on a plane and go away, I believe that many of us have set back not knowing or not caring about how far our Country has fallen from the Grace of God and the values our Fore Fathers lived and died for.
    We have forgotten why so many died securing freedom for our Black American Brothers and Sisters that were guaranteed in our Declaration of Independence “that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.”
    How many have died in declared wars that were fought to preserve those same freedoms for others.
    America is and will continue to be a Great Nation because as it was when Japan attacked Pearl Harbor, the Sleeping Giant has been awakened (The Greatness of The American People).
    So, Iam2Taz Please don’t get on that plane.
    We need all the help we can get.

A few things to remember:
    There is no separation of Church and State in the Constitution.
    For this Country to be defeated check the Communist Manifesto,
    First a Country has to be demoralized, by removing God from our schools, and public places.
    And now they have reached the point of demoralizing our Military, the last strong hold.

“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
    Edmund Burke
    Thank you, I appreciate that. I was mostly thinking of the safety of myself and my wife on this, in the hypothetical event things really were that bad. But, there's a lot of good people that stand between today and that day so not all hope is lost!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast