A quote that made me think today...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A quote that made me think today...

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries

A quote that made me think today...

"Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it." George Bernard Shaw

I found this at KeepAndBearArms (dot com) and it made me think about some people I know, myself included. More so, however, I thought about the men and women who fear actively looking for work. Also made me think about those who have considered owning a gun but decided perhaps they were not responsible enough - I know they are out there... I also thought of one of my twin sons, 22 y.o., and compared to his four siblings he lacks a bit of the "responsibility gene". These things all came to mind when I read the quote.

What comes to your mind when you read it? ...If you'd care to tell. :)
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

3. It's easier to be a sheep with few or no rights and have the shepherd take care of you, than to be a free man and take responsibility for your self and your family.

The average person is irresponsible.

Most of today's society prefers to have "their" choices made for them. What's the right thing to do, what the cool thing to do is, what's lame, what's stupid, who's mainstream, which battles are worth fighting, etc...

Too many people in this country are willing to give up certain freedoms, if they are kept entertained and told that "other" things matter more than individual freedom.

"you can take away my freedom, as long as you give me life"

To some, life is the ultimate goal... not a free life. Of course everyone wants to live a nice, long life... but some choose to live it as a pawn, and others as a free individual.

The one's who choose to live it as a free person have decided that to do so, is worth giving up everything. Then, when you bring up what their childrens lives will be like, it puts it further into perspective. I for one want my children to live a more free life than I... and I'm willing to sacrifice myself to ensure that.

The statement is true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

You just answered what is wrong with America today, no one takes responsibility for their own actions (blame game).

To me liberty means freedom but you are not free to do whatever you want. As it apply to gun we are free to own them as long as we act in a responsible manner. We most abide by the laws of the state.

I dunno. I've had an awful lot of responsibility in my life, and maybe not so much liberty.

Much the same as the phrase "Freedom's just another word for, nothing left to lose". As long as you have something in your life worth keeping then you have resonsibility. They almost sound like they are conflicting with each other but if you think deep enough and can understand both then you know. It took me a long time to fully understand that simple phrase in that song but when I did I realized how true it is.

You have to protect liberty. It is the responsibility of each person to do so. Protecting it means you may have to give up your life doing so. Most don't want to make that commitment.

Psalm 82:3-5

I agree with Iam2Taz...
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast