Justices appear skeptical over gun ban - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Justices appear skeptical over gun ban

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    I liked what the justices said about the right of the peple. That is us the bubbas. Not us the militia or us the cops. Nor is it us the gummint.
    yes just how the 2A is written.. the right of the people... how can that mean anything else than what it says?? do these idiots have poor english skills?
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

I listened/watched to the oral arguments and media spin control after the arguments on C-Span.

Have to say I'm optimistic. Most of the justices were inquring about various "what ifs" questions, most of them assuming that the 2nd Amendment is an individual right.

However, I was not pleased how Heller's lawyer, Gura, pretty much threw MG ownership under the bus.

So, I'm thinking it might go 5-4 towards individual rights but with "reasonable restrictions" being constitutional.

"Reasonable restrictions" would include such thing as firearm prohibition for felons, firearm registration, gun locks, "gun safe zones" (ie. schools), machinegun ban, etc.

Keep in mind, even if DC v Heller comes out a win for individual righs, it still a small step in a long road to get where we want to be.

I hope and pray the Courts sie decisivly with "We the People" hvae the right.

Exclamation Transcipt of oral arguments

Attached are the transcipts. Some parts are hilarious and some parts worrisome. It's 110 pges long but worth :icon13:the read.

Jim
    Jim
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power."
    Yoshimi Ishikawa

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12