What is Really Bankrupting Us! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is Really Bankrupting Us!

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    As a Politician I can't give you a bottle of Bourbon and twenty dollar bill at the voting booth. BUT, I sure as hell can ear mark 2.5 Million for your group.
    The corn used to make that bourbon is sold to the distiller at a price below the cost to grow and harvest it, because of agricultural subsities to corn growers. We also export corn to Mexico at such a low price that the corn farmers in Mexico cannot compete and go out of the business of farming corn. If the Mexicans did the same thing, we would call it what it is comoditiy dumping.

Problem is that the Individual has been over come by the masses. Our Bill of Rights guaranteed that this would NEVER happen without amendments ratified by 2/3 of the States. The Country was founded on the individual rights not the group or "Whats best for the citizens" ALL has basically been pushed aside without one shot being fired. We have been overthrown without a fight.
    When a WWII Vet told me straight faced that he would not of done what he did if he would of known the outcome of our Country Today. Says volumes. The Individual is not longer relevant, it's all about the mob, masses, "Protected Class" of people.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

America hasn't been overthrown, the American people have just changed that's all. If you're a liberal then you love it, if you're a conservative then you hate it. Because the liberals today far, far, outnumber the conservatives, you just have to get used to it. It's not just America, it's the whole world. It's taken them 6,000 years to get here and have it their way, and they won't give it up.
    ~ Truth Is Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth ~

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    America hasn't been overthrown, the American people have just changed that's all. If you're a liberal then you love it, if you're a conservative then you hate it. Because the liberals today far, far, outnumber the conservatives, you just have to get used to it. It's not just America, it's the whole world. It's taken them 6,000 years to get here and have it their way, and they won't give it up.
    So this all means...you are giving up and being one of them liberals? Wake up!
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    So this all means...you are giving up and being one of them liberals? Wake up!
    No, it doesn't mean that. And knowing the truth doesn't make one a liberal or a conservative. The only thing that ever came to a sleeper is a dream, I'm not the one needing the wake up call.

No, it doesn't mean that. And knowing the truth doesn't make one a liberal or a conservative. The only thing that ever came to a sleeper is a dream, I'm not the one needing the wake up call.
    Oh...kay....where did you get the details of what you said up there then? Do you really believe it? As of now, we do not know who can be bought and who won't be bought for the sake of freedom...for this country and for its people' sake. You may think (or from what you read) that there are more liberals and conservative and you believe in it, then good luck to you.

Here where we live, just in this street alone, we have two neighbours facing one another who are democraps. The rest of us are all conservatives. You should be here when we have a pre-dinner drinks in one of our "gatherings" --if you are a liberal around here, better find something else to talk about; talk of politics and your narrow point of view and before the hour is over you'd go home with your tail between your legs. Politic-talks around here can be very heated. If you think we are dreamers around here, you have another think coming. (Sorry for my seemingly rude reply...)

Coming from a country where sheeps outnumbered people, it is quite refreshing for me to be involved with these people who care for their country. All but two of our neighbours displays the American flag in our front yard too. Try to take that away from us? -- there will be revolution the way no one has ever seen.
    G'day and Glock

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    Oh...kay....where did you get the details of what you said up there then? Do you really believe it? As of now, we do not know who can be bought and who won't be bought for the sake of freedom...for this country and for its people' sake. You may think (or from what you read) that there are more liberals and conservative and you believe in it, then good luck to you.

Here where we live, just in this street alone, we have two neighbours facing one another who are democraps. The rest of us are all conservatives. You should be here when we have a pre-dinner drinks in one of our "gatherings" --if you are a liberal around here, better find something else to talk about; talk of politics and your narrow point of view and before the hour is over you'd go home with your tail between your legs. Politic-talks around here can be very heated. If you think we are dreamers around here, you have another think coming. (Sorry for my seemingly rude reply...)

Coming from a country where sheeps outnumbered people, it is quite refreshing for me to be involved with these people who care for their country. All but two of our neighbours displays the American flag in our front yard too. Try to take that away from us? -- there will be revolution the way no one has ever seen.
    Be assured that I'm no liberal, and I'm not the one with the narrow view. My view goes far beyond your little neighborhood and it's mutual admiration group. Of course I believe it, this country didn't end up the cesspool it has become because conservatives outnumber liberals. You may believe that, I don't. And yes, if you really believe that an election, regardless of who gets elected will change the course we're on, you're a dreamer. It's a nice dream, but very naive of reality. This all has nothing to do with giving anything up, it has to do with everyday current events and the lack of moral conservative values within our nation. You can feel as good as you want to feel about anything that makes you feel better, but feelings lie, reality doesn't. If I wasn't a Christian I could go along with such wishful thinking and put some faith in the wisdom of man. But I can't, because the "wisdom of man is foolishness to God". God who knows the future controls the future, therefor I believe the word of God over the wisdom (wishful thinking) of man. I didn't say to give up or not care, I said things aren't going to turn around. Better get used to it.

[QUOTE=alduane;232602]
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post

Well Grunt, I suppose you won't have any trouble finding all kind of things if you look long enough. You may even find where Elvis is working. This email is a typical email hoax that has been going around for some time. You can check it out here. FactCheck.org : Cost of Illegal Immigrants You can add a third kind of Knowledge to your saying "We know a subject ourselves, we know where we can find information on it or we can just make something up to suit oursleves."
    Al: You are right. You can find all sorts of things if you look long enough and hard enough. I even checked the site you referenced and, seemingly a good site, I'm not sure it has all the answers. There is too much in the news today about how much our country is being drained, state by state, for me to believe that all this stuff is nonsense. There is too much smoke for there not to be a fire. I read stories from all over the U.S. and, apparently contrary to your opinion, I believe what I am seeing and hearing. I most certainly do believe that we are going to find out in the very near future who is right or wrong. Hold on to your hat. But it is still good to agree or disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by mappow:232760
    Our Bill of Rights guaranteed that this would NEVER happen without amendments ratified by 2/3 of the States.
    2/3rds of the Senate and 3/4ths of the states actually.

Be assured that I'm no liberal, and I'm not the one with the narrow view. My view goes far beyond your little neighborhood and it's mutual admiration group. Of course I believe it, this country didn't end up the cesspool it has become because conservatives outnumber liberals. You may believe that, I don't. And yes, if you really believe that an election, regardless of who gets elected will change the course we're on, you're a dreamer. It's a nice dream, but very naive of reality. This all has nothing to do with giving anything up, it has to do with everyday current events and the lack of moral conservative values within our nation. You can feel as good as you want to feel about anything that makes you feel better, but feelings lie, reality doesn't. If I wasn't a Christian I could go along with such wishful thinking and put some faith in the wisdom of man. But I can't, because the "wisdom of man is foolishness to God". God who knows the future controls the future, therefor I believe the word of God over the wisdom (wishful thinking) of man. I didn't say to give up or not care, I said things aren't going to turn around. Better get used to it.
    If you think I am dreaming and you are the "realist" as you said you are, at least I have the courage to dream big for this country who gave me the most wonderful man I now call my husband. And my children. People who doesn't dream, doesn't have much. I feel sorry for you. And this is the end of my talking to you. Goodbye.
    G'day and Glock

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast